Travelling with dogs

adibenedetto

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure I'm posting in the wrong area, but I was wondering if anyone has ever used the kennel on Disney property, Best Friends Pet Care?

We're going up for Christmas weekend (arriving the 22nd and leaving on the 25th) and they are the only kennel we have found that will allow us to pick up our dogs on Christmas day.

Thanks for any info :)

We used it on our 2010 Christmas trip. It was very very nice, but that being said my timid dog lost a lot of weight - about 10% of her body weight and she is thin to begin with. She was stressed to the max near as we can tell due to the fireworks every night. She trembles for hours even at home if she hears so much as a loud noise, and fireworks and thunder send her over the edge. We hadn't even thought about it. The fireworks are at Epcot each night and are really not nearby, but apparently still too close for her. My other dog could care less so he was absolutely fine. They did everything they could for her including putting parmesan cheese on her food but she was so skinny by the end of her week there that all her ribs and facial bones were protruding. She looked like a starving stray animal on the side of the road. We aren't taking her back there this year because we just can't have her that stressed out. It's too bad because in so many ways it is the most convenient location ever, especially since we stay at Port Orleans Riverside which is right across the street.

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure I'm posting in the wrong area, but I was wondering if anyone has ever used the kennel on Disney property, Best Friends Pet Care?

We're going up for Christmas weekend (arriving the 22nd and leaving on the 25th) and they are the only kennel we have found that will allow us to pick up our dogs on Christmas day.

Thanks for any info :)

My dad and stepmother use Best Friends for my fur-sister who is a rescue dog from, not an abusive situation but from a neglected situation. Kaycee is a very high strung dog although she has calmed down a lot with my dad. Anyway, Kaycee has stayed at Best Friends twice now and has come out of the experience just fine. You can get the stars and the moon for your pet if you want. Kaycee even had a daily bowl of ice cream. I don't think you will have a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!