Travelling with baby

oceanwave

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We are heading to Disney soon with our son, who will be 7 months. We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa so will have lots of room. I am looking at renting a full size crib and some toys etc. Does anyone have any suggestions of who to rent from? This is our first time visiting with a baby, so any tips/advice/must haves etc would be appreciated. Thanks!

I cant help you with the toys but we rented a crib from Kingdom Strollers for our trip in August. When we went our last time we rented a stroller from them and they were great! So I would expect the crib would be good as well. After doing research online it appears to be a good quality crib.

If you are staying at one of the Deluxe/DVC combo resorts, some of them have real cribs. You may want to call your resort and ask. We have gotten a real crib at AKV- Jambo even though they had a pack n play already in our room.

Other tips: Take advantage of the baby care centers at each of the parks. They're great! Definitely get a stroller fan unless you're going in Dec-March then not necessary. Order your supplies through amazon & have them delivered to your resort if you won't have a car...MUCH cheaper than buying at the resort & better selection. We brought a good quality, lightweight, reclining umbrella stroller to make it easy getting on and off the bus with the baby, their stuff, AND the stroller. (I love Graco's Breaze!!) I went with my son when he was 3 months, but also for his first birthday and he only played with the same toy & a book the entire time. I don't think you'll need to rent toys unless you're planning to spend A LOT of time in your room. Whatever toys you bring for the flight/drive I'm sure will be plenty for a seven month old, not to mention if you buy any souvenir toys. The bath tub toys disney sells in the little carry bag are great for that age as they can be played with in & out of the tub. I also brought a backpack diaper bag and only carried essentials. I brought it on the rides with me as you never know when a poomergency may hit and a lot of the time there are bathrooms right as you get off a ride and stroller parking is quite far from there. Since you'll have a freezer, bring a small insulated bag and small ice pack and then wet baby washcloths, place them in ziplock bags, and keep them in there. A nice cold washcloth is perfect for quickly cooling off the baby, again only needed if you're going in the warm weather. Don't worry about their sleep schedule. They'll be so tired from all that fresh air and stimulation, they'll sleep. We bring their PJs and stay till closing and enjoy ourselves while they're knocked out in the stroller. Take advantage of baby swap- especially during nap time. The people mover is great for nap time- they'll let you stay on and continuously ride for as long as you want. Nice view & breeze while they nap. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter