Travelling on Plane with EpiPen?

Luvin*Livvy

Mouseketeer
What's protocol on epipens on planes?

My SIL wanted me to ask b/c she has one for herself and one for her daughter (3YO) that she needs to have with her.

Is there anything specific she needs to do with it to get to keep it in her carry-on? Can she pack it and walk right thru? Does she need to take it out and put it thru security? Does she need proof of anything?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I travel with 4 Epipens for my 2 allergic kids all the time. We have taken dozens of flights both domestically and internationally with no problems. I put them in my carry ons. Every once in a rare while the TSA guy manning the scanner asks what is in the bags and I tell them Epipens. No problem whatsoever. I also carry the chewable children's Benadryl tablets (generic brand from Target or CVS) since they are much easier to pack and carry than liquids.

Agreed with the PP. We have taken DH's epipen on several international flights. Never a problem anywhere. As an extra precaution, we have a signed letter from DH's doctor that explains that the epipen is required to treat a life-threatening allergy. We keep the letter with the epipen in DH's carry on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter