Travellers cheques

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by mrscookie, Feb 12, 2013.

1. mrscookie

mrscookie Mouseketeer

Hey disneyers!
    We go in 4 and a bit weeks for our 3rd visit, but 1st trip with a toddler. Anyways, just wondered if anybody bothers with travellers cheques, or do you just take all euros? :cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DLPdaft

DLPdaft <font color=royalblue>Cannot stop singing "Just li Moderator

nope, never take travellers cheques to DLP. I take euros or take the money out of the atm machines there with my debit card. Don't do this if you're only taking out small amounts though, as you are usually charged a fee every time you use your debit card abroad.

4. zanzibar138

zanzibar138 DIS Veteran

I take cash (Euros) for small purchases and just use my credit card for large ones. The small fee for using the card doesn't bother me for the convenience of being able to use it.

I'm from Australia though, not sure where you're from and what sort of fees your credit cards have for transactions in foreign currency :confused3

5. adr2.8i

adr2.8i Back from the magic....and now hooked!

we take a few hundred in euros and the majority on a pre-paid card. i use the Fair-FX card. simples. :thumbsup2

6. Carly_jones

Carly_jones Earning My Ears

I've always taken cash, but i've seen recently the prepaid cards from the post office etc that look interesting if you dont want to take cash :-)

7. adr2.8i

adr2.8i Back from the magic....and now hooked!

im not sure what the situation is now with fair-fx, but when i applied for my card there was an offer on where if you loaded the card with £500 they would give you an extra £5, and if you referred their card to a friend and they loaded the card with £500, you would get another £5 added to your card. the exchange rate on the card last june was something like 1.25E which was pretty good at the time.
    it was a card recommended by martin lewis of GMTV fame.:)

i will never go back to travellers cheques again!

8. tennisfan

tennisfan <font color=blue>Was told off for sliding down the Moderator

I take a little cash and then mainly use my credit card as I get commission free business exchange rates on it.