Traveling with kids not mine

If there was ever any doubt if a child was being abductees all they have to do is ask the child for their parents phone number and call. They are teenagers not infants. I have travelled with numerous children who were obviously not my biological children and the only thing ever said was you have your hands full. A note is worth the paper it is written on. I can write a note saying my neighbor gave me permission to take his kid to florida and sign his name to it. What does it prove exactly?
Again still missing the point - The note is written authorization from the parent(s) that THEY the parent(s) gave permission in case the parent(s) deny giving permission. If the parents denied giving their permission, the note and signature would be proof - quickly verified by forensic analysis - they they the parent(s) had indeed given permission for the child to go with the traveling family.

Again still missing the point - The note is written authorization from the parent(s) that THEY the parent(s) gave permission in case the parent(s) deny giving permission. If the parents denied giving their permission, the note and signature would be proof - quickly verified by forensic analysis - they they the parent(s) had indeed given permission for the child to go with the traveling family.
Your missing the point that no one is going to even ask the question. No forensic analysis will happen. A TSA agent isn't looking for kidnapped kids. They are looking for explosives. Like I said, I have travelled numerous times with children that were obviously not my biological children, different races, the same age but not twins etc, and no one blinked an eye, ever. The OP needs nothing to travel with children not her own. Period. A note is worthless. It proves nothing.

Still missing the point - if the parent or parents denied giving permission - the note would prove otherwise. it would take two seconds to verify the parents wrote the note.
two minutes times the thousands of kids that travel. Now you want the TSA agents to call and verify these notes. I can give you a phone number of anyone I want and have it all arranged for them to claim to be the child's parent. Seinfeld - Vandelay Industries. Look it up. Its easy.

Still missing the point - if the parent or parents denied giving permission - the note would prove otherwise. it would take two seconds to verify the parents wrote the note.

I respectfully disagree and I don't think I am missing the point at all.

Any official will speak directly to the teen and not even address the issue of a note!
TSA would allow the teen to fly alone - may not notice who they are with and definitely doesn't care - that isn't their job.
TSA will ask the teen his/her name and age to match with the boarding pass and that's is it.

Again OT - but if there were a question of the teens being taken/held against their will a note won't matter.
The teen will be asked their name, who they are traveling with and why and then if necessary the parents will be called with info obtained from the teen.

I think you've watched too many episodes of CSI, ;)

Your missing the point that no one is going to even ask the question. No forensic analysis will happen. A TSA agent isn't looking for kidnapped kids. They are looking for explosives. Like I said, I have travelled numerous times with children that were obviously not my biological children, different races, the same age but not twins etc, and no one blinked an eye, ever. The OP needs nothing to travel with children not her own. Period. A note is worthless. It proves nothing.

It's not for TSA - it just a good idea

It's proof that the parents acknowledge and understand that you are taking their child out of state. It's not for random viewing. It is proof that you have the parent's permission. IF the parent(s) deny it later. Parent A gives child permission to travel. Parent B wigs out. Parent A does not have the legal responsibility to give permission for child to travel. Suddenly Parent A claims to not know vacationer was taking child out of state. Accuses vacationer of taking their child out of state without their permission. The note is proof that traveler did not take child without parent's permission. It is only useful for defending vacationer from accusations by the parent of taking child without parental knowledge. Sort of like school permission slips. Parent must sign that child is going with school. Anyone can Photoshop a permission slip - why do schools use them?

I give up - this isn't that hard to understand.

It's proof that the parents acknowledge and understand that you are taking their child out of state. It's not for random viewing. It is proof that you have the parent's permission. IF the parent(s) deny it later. Parent A gives child permission to travel. Parent B wigs out. Parent A does not have the legal responsibility to give permission for child to travel. Suddenly Parent A claims to not know vacationer was taking child out of state. Accuses vacationer of taking their child out of state without their permission. The note is proof that traveler did not take child without parent's permission. It is only useful for defending vacationer from accusations by the parent of taking child without parental knowledge. Sort of like school permission slips. Parent must sign that child is going with school. Anyone can Photoshop a permission slip - why do schools use them?

Some questions for you...
1) Let's say you're right. Parent A gives permission (writes the note), Parent B flips out, then Parent A decides to lie. I guess A or B called police and told them where you were going and they tracked you down. So now you provide this note and Parent A (who signed the note) says "I didn't write that." Then what? Oh yea, you get the forensic analysis person in.

2) How often has the above happened?

Your post is kind of confusing. Are you saying you need a note so you can't later be accused of kidnapping if a parent changes his or her mind after you are kind enough to take their child to WDW? A little far fetched, don't you think?

By that rational I would have to get a note every time I gave one of my dd's friends a ride, carpooled to the movies or even had them visit my house! I live in an area that is minutes from three other states, my dd's school has attendees from at least 4 states. 3 of her 4 best friends live in another state - and not the same one. Just not necessary or feasible IMHO.

I did. Here's some responses...
Children traveling within the United States with only one parent or without either parent have few requirements. Special requirements for parental permission primarily affect children traveling abroad and those crossing international borders.
Source

In general, children traveling without their parents in the United States do not require written permission, as children are assumed to have the same right to freedom of movement as adults.
Source

Do you have any links/reports/whatever about a travel consent form being used (much less needed) when a child is travelling in the US (which is what we're talking about).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter