Traveling with family of five

halssister

Mouseketeer
My cousin is doing her first WDW trip next year, along with her husband and three kids (ages 7,5, and 4). I know you can fit 5 in POR with the Murphy beds in AB, and I already suggested that to her as an option. What other resorts can you sleep 5 in? I don't know their budget, but I do know that while my family LOVES POR and can't imagine staying elsewhere, there are only three of us, and it's not that spacious for a family that includes two young (and active!) boys :). What are her other options......I think they want to stay on site (and I will suggest that to her!).

AOA family suite, DVC studios at : VWL, BWV, VGF and Poly. More expensive option would be DVC 1 bedrooms. Lots more room.

I guess it really depends what is important to them. We are 5 we need a 2bdrm because space to spread out is a must, so our options are limited. We are on site converts and truly love our off site experience. I think you need to know 1. her budget 2. and what are their must have amenities. There are a lot of options on and off to choose from that it is hard to narrow it down without knowing 1 & 2.

It all really depends on her budget. For low budget 2 adjoining rooms at a value (although Disney will not guarantee adjoining), Art of Animation suites would be ideal for that family size & ages but additional cost. Most of the deluxe resorts have a fold down bed in addition to 2 queens, and the room SF is larger than a moderate. A 1bedroom villa either direct through Disney or renting points.

The deluxe resorts on the monorail all sleep 5 with 2 queen beds and a daybed. Many rooms at YC/BC and BWI also sleep 5. At the moderate level both POR and CBR have rooms that sleep 5 (CBR rooms are slightly larger). At the value level, AoA suites and ASMu suites would work. Cabins in FW will sleep a family of 5 also.

Otherwise connecting rooms would work, but connecting rooms are not guaranteed. Finally the DVC properties already mentioned all have options to sleep 5 people.

My cousin is doing her first WDW trip next year, along with her husband and three kids (ages 7,5, and 4). I know you can fit 5 in POR with the Murphy beds in AB, and I already suggested that to her as an option. What other resorts can you sleep 5 in? I don't know their budget, but I do know that while my family LOVES POR and can't imagine staying elsewhere, there are only three of us, and it's not that spacious for a family that includes two young (and active!) boys :). What are her other options......I think they want to stay on site (and I will suggest that to her!).

Definitely any of the deluxes WL and AKL are generally the least expensive of the deluxes.
AoA suites are awesome for extra space as well as the immersive Disney theming. We loved our stay there.
Also the cabins at FW will fit 6
The villas are probably the most expensive option although they could get a studio at BLT or VGF and sleep 5

CBR also has rooms that sleep 5 now with the same set up as POR. We are a family of 5 (6 with DD's BF this time). We always seem to be fine with POR and my kids are 18, 13,7. If not we have also done adjoining rooms at values because then we have 2 bathrooms. This year we have to do 2 rooms at CBR because we are 6.

In addition to what's been mentioned, the deluxe resorts (with the exception of WL and AKL) accommodate 5 in a regular room. The WL has deluxe rooms (they are CL) that accommodate 6, but standard rooms only accommodate 4 + 1 under the age of 3. Also, CBR now has some rooms that accommodate 5.

She has a lot of onsite options. She can fit everyone into one room at all deluxes (except AKL and at WL, they would need a deluxe CL room). POR and CBR. The Jr. Suite at CSR. AoA and ASMu Family Suites. BLT, OKW and AKV 1-bedroom villas. Any 2-bedroom villa. Ft. W cabins. Many of the DVC studios now sleep 5 as well (GFV, Poly, WL, etc.) but they will have only one bed, a pull-out couch and a pull-down bed.

My family of 3 (3 adults and 2 young kids) stayed at POR AB. The room is fine for us. AoA may have a bigger floor plan, but I think it is such a hassle to make the sofa bed and the dining table bed. Also, POR and CBR are cheaper than AoA and the deluxe.

Fort Wilderness Cabins sleep 6 (although 2 of the beds are doubles) and they are a blast. Price a hair more than a moderate. Kids love staying there.

Tomm

We stayed at the cabins last month and absolutely loved it. I would say that you should just factor in an extra $60 a night for the golf cart, though. It made our trip SO ENJOYABLE!! Transportation was great. Busses were consistently empty, the boats were always on time and Magic Kingdom was just a boat ride away. Table service had walk up availability every time we checked, the Chip n Dale campfire was fun (AND FREE!) and there are also two dinner shows on site. We had Garden Grocer come stock up our necessities (Gatorade, water, snacks) and Mousekeeping will even do your dishes if you decide to cook. :worship:

It isn't flashy or shiny like other resorts but it is definitely themed (think Frontierland). I personally really enjoyed not sharing walls so we didn't have to worry about annoying others...or others annoying us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter