Traveling with bed wetters, advice needed

GatorMama

DIS Veteran
What do those of you with bed wetters do to keep beds clean and dry at Disney? I recently heard of a non Disney hotel that charges an extra cleaning fee for wet beds. Does Disney? Our kids still wear pull ups at night but those just don't always keep the bed dry. I don't want to cause extra work for Mousekeeping, for sure.

The options we've considered so far: waterproof matress pad (we already own them, and even extra sheets if it would save us a cleaning fee) or the sticky-backed pads that stick to the sheets right under the child. Thoughts? Experience to share? Just want to be prepared!

You could put a pair of fitted plastic pants over the pull-up to catch any possible leaks. I've never had a child wet the bed at Disney, but I've never heard of them charging an extra cleaning fee if it happens. Someone else may have more current information, but with so many kids in the resorts I would assume bed-wetting is a pretty common scenario.

On our last trip my daughter was potty training. She would sometimes take her diaper off in the night and then wet the bed. The hotel was great about it. No extra fees or anything. There was a mattress pad and it seems like to me an extra sheet on the bed. She never wet through to the mattress just the sheets. It happened twice during our 10 day stay. Once during afternoon nap and once at night. When it happened in the afternoon, we called housekeeping, explained what happened and they said sent someone right up with a complete change of sheets, mattress pad, etc. Housekeeping would have made the bed for us, but we offered to do it. When it happened at night, I called housekeeping that morning and they said they would make sure our housekeeper knew so she could strip the bed. It was no big deal and Disney handled it great. We were staying at AKL. I think one of the pads for under the sheets, or maybe even a towel would work. I'm not sure what Disney does if the mattress gets wet as we never had that problem.

One of our kids wet the bed during out last trip and all we did was call housekeeping and they brought us new sheets. They offered to change them for us but said we could do it. If you are concerned about it or don't want to have to call housing keeping I would suggest those stick on pads for the bed. They are near the pullups in the grocery store. We have used them and they work great!

If it were me I'd bring waterproof pads. I wouldn't want to be the next guest to sleep on a possibly damp bed, or a bed that has an odour from a previous guest's bed accident. My dd unexpected got her period at a hotel and the mattress got stained. We scrubbed the mattress clean and let housekeeping know - they were great about taking the sheets without issue. But I didn't want to leave the mattress for housekeeping to clean.

I would bring along, the sticky pads, and a set of sheet so that if there is a accident in the middle of the night, you can handle it yourself, much easier than trying to get clean sheets in the middle of the night. If your sheets were to have a accident on them, you can always wash them while hanging out at the pool. I would just tuck a couple of those little pods into the suitcase for the just in case.

When DD was about 6 she had a upset stomach and ended up throwing up in the middle of the night on part of the bed, floor, bathroom floor, it was quite the mess. We called for house keeping, and they were so nice, they sent 2 mousekeepers one took care of the bed and linen ( while I was in the bathroom with DD, my DH rip the sheets and everything off the bed), while the other one cleaned the carpet, they brought quite a few extra towels, and gave her a few stickers which I thought was a really nice gesture. In the morning she was fine and ready to go.

If it were me I'd bring waterproof pads
I was going to suggest the same. My boy just recently stopped bed wetting but we would always bring a handful of those pads (about 2' x 3' and very thin) along with his pull-ups and they worked well.

Our middle child randomly wet the bed a few trips ago, and they came in the middle of the night and changed the sheets. There was no fee.

I've seen people suggest getting those puppy pads and having your child sleep on top of that.

I also had puking in the middle of the night (my daughter then 7) and didn't get charged extra. When my son was still in pull-ups, I put a pad under him in case of a leak.

Maybe buy the next size up in Pull up (I found the pampers brand much more absorbent than the huggies ones. Even their Night time ones). water proof pad like they have in nursing homes and hospitals that can be washed but feels like cloth. They are much larger than the disposable ones and usually more absorbent.

Maybe buy the next size up in Pull up (I found the pampers brand much more absorbent than the huggies ones. Even their Night time ones). water proof pad like they have in nursing homes and hospitals that can be washed but feels like cloth. They are much larger than the disposable ones and usually more absorbent.

Sadly, we've tried the next size up and they're worse becauE they're SO much bigger that they don't stay on my skinny mini almost 6 year old in 3t/4t

Thanks for all the shared mom wisdom! I don't need to pack light so I can add the pads and sheets to our bags! I vowed to wait until Sept 1 to officially start packing, so I can get on it TODAY!!

Definitely use GoodNites disposable bed pads - we've used them many times in the past. They stay put and are very absorbent. A friend also loves a newer product called GoodNites TruFit. They are lined underwear where you insert an additional disposable liner. She says they seem to be much more absorbent and have prevented a wet bed even when the liner was heavily soaked.

Overall I wouldn't worry about it too much - just do what you can to prevent it. If an accident occurs I'm sure it's something Disney is helpful about without too much ado. Have a great trip!

My son often pees through. I use a diaper doubler (amazon or babies r us) and they work great. Just make sure you place it in the spot on the pull up where his ***** points.

We've used GoodNites (adhesive disposable pads) and rolls of quarters for the washer/dryer for the PJs.

We use the washable pads. We've used the disposable ones in the past but the washable ones are larger. The bigger pad ensures that if your little one rolls around he won't end up rolling off the pad. Plus the disposable ones are thin so they sometimes get bunched up (our kids have always turned into tiny tornados at night).

I've got three bed wetters! When we travel, they fall asleep first and I get them up softly before DH and I go to bed and I have them go pee. If you can believe this, they usually still wake up wet on the morning but it's a lot less. Good luck. I love the idea of the disposable bed pads.

We use the GoodNights pads as a back up too. He also wears a Pampers Underjams, they work the best for him.

My son wet the bed one night during our last trip. We called housekeeping and they took care of it, no big deal, no fees.

I would say if your child can still fit into them, maybe consider real diapers for the night during the trip as they hold a great deal more than pull-ups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter