Traveling with a CPAP

esquirepd

Earning My Ears
Anyone have experience with this? I'll be on the Magic 5/10. Do I need to bring an extension cord? What about distilled water? Any help would be appreciated.

My husband just sat his machine on the night stand and we did not need an extension cord. We did bring a jug of distilled water just in case. Never checked to see if they had it on board since we brought it.

as a respiratory therapist I strongly recommending bringing a couple bottles of distilled water. also, I would inform the crew that you have it, to see if any plugs in the room are connected to a back up generator, in the unlikely event that the boat was to lose power while you were sleeping with the mask on. if you have any extra tubing or masks it would be good to bring that too just in case anything malfunctions. have a fun trip!

DH has used a CPAP machine on our last 4 cruises. There was a Medical Form that was to be filled out and signed by the doctor (at an expense) that informed Disney that distilled water was needed for his machine. They were always happy to supply the water when we faxed in the form. I'm not sure if I can find the form on their website, I'm just changing the dates and stateroom number from the last form and resubmitting. That's what we did with the last cruises.

It has been hit or miss with the extension cord. We've needed it on 3 of the cruises. You can get one from guest services for $50 but it is credited back to your room when you return it. As crazy as GS is on disembarkation morning, it might be easier to pack your own, or skip it that last night if you can manage. Our room stewards have been very helpful in managing the cord stretching across the room. If they don't mention it, have them run it under the bed so you're not tripping over the cord, depending on what type of room you have.

We are on the 5/10 Magic as well. 30 DAYS!!!!! :cool1::banana:

My husband asked for distilled water for his cpap and it was brought to the room at no charge. He needed to borrow an extension cord as well and they charged him $50 for it but that was refunded as soon as he returned it. Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

Last month on the Fantasy, we requested distilled water and an extension cord for both my hubby and for one of our friends roomed next door. We were not charged a deposit on the cord. When we left the last morning, we left in such a hurry because 3 of us had woken up sick sick sick and were so ready to get off the boat. We decided to just leave the cord in the room instead of taking it to GS Well, as we were returning on the shuttle to get our car, I realized I left a couple things in our room. I went back to the port and and described exactly what I left. They returned with my items clearly visible in a clear trash sack. Didn't bother checking, again, ready to leave. Wouldn't you know it, we get home and unpacked and they had put that extension cord in that trash sack with it clearly labeled "GUEST SERVICES".

Since we are returning in May to cruise the Magic, we just decided to return it then :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm traveling with cpap in January I have called ahead and advised disney I will be travelling with it they said they would put a note on my file for security and to have distilled water in my stateroom at no charge

My DH has used his CPAP machine on both the Wonder and the Fantasy. He needed an extension cord on the Wonder but not on the Fantasy. The Fantasy had plenty of outlets around the bed.

As for distilled water, we called Guest Services to request it, and it was delivered to our room at no charge. We have never had to submit a medical form for it.

Anyone have experience with this? I'll be on the Magic 5/10. Do I need to bring an extension cord? What about distilled water? Any help would be appreciated.

I used my CPAP on the Magic. I brought two 6ft extension cords. I put it on nightstand but to get to outlet behind was near impossible. I ran the cords on the floor and connected behind the TV. Simply unplugged the two extensions during the day so we wouldn't trip. Disney immediately supplied two gallons (too much) of distilled water. Just mentioned it to our cabin steward who greeted us as soon as we got to our cabin. I always carry the ext cords in my cpap bag since you never know.

On the Magic and Wonder you will need an extension cord. On the Fantasy and Dream you will not. Disney will supply you with distilled water at no charge with advanced notice.

We were on the Magic in February. The plug behind the bed was the wrong type. The plug we had to use was behind the TV. We borrowed an extension cord from guest services to use. They charge a small deposit but that fee is taken off when you return the cord. As for distiller water, we asked guest services when we got the cord, and they had a gallon of distiller water sent to our room.

DH has used a CPAP machine on our last 4 cruises. There was a Medical Form that was to be filled out and signed by the doctor (at an expense) that informed Disney that distilled water was needed for his machine. They were always happy to supply the water when we faxed in the form. I'm not sure if I can find the form on their website, I'm just changing the dates and stateroom number from the last form and resubmitting. That's what we did with the last cruises.

We've sailed three cruises with CPAPs and never used a medical form. Never had a problem.

New to this cruise thing and my DH needs to have his CPAP. How do I notify Disney that he will need distilled water?

Always carry an extension cord....call DCL directly with your res # and inform them that you will need distiller water....and will deliver to your cabin on th first day at no charge

Hope this helps....

Robin &Angel "D". :thumbsup2

New to this cruise thing and my DH needs to have his CPAP. How do I notify Disney that he will need distilled water?

If you have a TA let them notify DCL. Otherwise just call them up and have them put it on your reservation. We have never had an issue. But if you are on the older ships, bring an extension cord.

First cruise we were in concierge and I asked them about the water. It was in our room when we got there.

Upcoming cruise we booked through Costco but they were closed when I thought of it so I called dcl to ask IF they could do it despite the TA and they could. Easy.

First cruise we were in concierge and I asked them about the water. It was in our room when we got there.

Upcoming cruise we booked through Costco but they were closed when I thought of it so I called dcl to ask IF they could do it despite the TA and they could. Easy.

Thank you!!! Will have to DH call and make sure it is there for him :yay:

Just got of the Wonder and the only outlet that we could reach without a problem was the one behind the t.v. So we already had a cord that would reach. But it was me and my dad only. So he slept on the couch/bed with his machine on the table. I tried offering the bed to him many times but he declined. The cord we had would have reached the bed no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter