Traveling with a Cast Member-Thank you ideas?

MeridAriel

Mouseketeer
I am forever thankful for one of my best friends-because she's awesome all on her own, but as a super bonus, she's a Cast Member and lets me tag along! Is anyone else lucky enough to have an amazing Cast Member in their lives? I try to get her something every year that we go, as a thank you gift. What appreciation gift do you get for your Cast Member?

I love the Alex and Ani bracelets and I would get a matching one. I sent one to a close friend of mine and we wear them when we are on our trips. We met on the DIS through a quirky series of events and have met briefly in real life twice. I am in Mississippi and she is in North Carolina. Once for several minutes at GF before she left for home and once in passing at MCO. She was arriving and we were leaving. So I sent her one that I liked and told her to wear it when she thought about it and I would wear mine too. I don't think it was her favorite but that didn't matter..it is the thought that counts. I told her when she wore the bracelet I would be there in spirit.

Jewelry isn't really for either of us...but I very much like the idea of something she can wear to have me there in spirit. (We met in college and are now in different states.) Thanks! :)

As a former cast member, I recommend a gift of cash, as I know she is not paid enough. Seriously, and this goes for school teachers too - gift cards to a favorite restaurant, a spa, etc. - some kind of pampering always is good. Or treat take her with you and do it together. Has she done the Spa at the Grand Floridian? Then again, maybe on her time off she wants to be far away from the World. In which case, there are plenty of options around the area.

hi @MeridAriel I have a friend who is a CM. I second what @lborne suggests. Despite what you think, CMs are low waged and outside of their staff discounts on food, don't really go to nice restaurants. When we go to the park, I usually pay for meals, and this year I am treating her to the Fantasmic Blue Bayou Dining package. I also bring gifts from my countries Disney store, merchandise which is country specific, pins especially as many CMs are serious pin traders. You know your friend, so bring gifts she would appreciate. And remember gifts don't have to be expensive to mean alot. Sometimes a $10 gift can mean more to the recipient than a $100 gift :)

Which country are you in??? I've seen some country specific shirts, but didn't know they had so much country-specific stuff! I should make friends with you Lol :) but thanks for the ideas. And yes, always pins. (I'm actually the one that got her into trading!)

I wish I got the prices a disney TA gets to be there. I have a friend of a friend that is a Disney TA and I've never heard them breaking the bank to be at some of the nicest accommodations disney has to offer.

Why not use the florist/gifts and send something nice to the room. It won't arrive until the day after you both check in, it'll be a surpise when you get back to the room and they have a nice variety of options at different price points to fit your thank you budget. most have some form of a keepsake so even if just flowers, it'll be combined with something else she can take home to remember. A lot of the items has things you can't find in the gift shops.

I've done a few trips with CM friends. I've made fun custom souvenirs (homemade ears, bags, etc). I also usually put a goody bag together for the plane (chap stick, homemade goodies, snacks, etc). I also have made a photobook for them after the trip and taken them out for dinner and drinks to give it to them.

Which country are you in??? I've seen some country specific shirts, but didn't know they had so much country-specific stuff! I should make friends with you Lol :) but thanks for the ideas. And yes, always pins. (I'm actually the one that got her into trading!)

sure, we can be friends. :) I'm from Ireland and also regularly travel to the UK. The Disney store in Dublin has Dublin specific merchandise and the UK / London ones have London specific merchandise. Its not a large range but they do have more than just pins and t-shirts. They always have Mickey and Minnie plushes in country specific costumes, as well as things like mugs, pens, notebooks, wallets and other small items.

...I could not have hoped for a better answer to that. Top of my list for places to visit & eventually move (my pup is even named Dublin) :) Irish Disney things-so much awesome in one store! Lol. How often do you make it to the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter