Traveling Sports Teams? Update #41

DS just found out he didn't make the team. :(

Thanks everyone for the advice and info. I really appreciate it.

DS just found out he didn't make the team. :(

Thanks everyone for the advice and info. I really appreciate it.
Sorry SaraJayne. Hopefully DS knows he can use this as motivation to get better and try out again next year (assuming he wants to).

That's interesting as those are kind of the foundation travel sports are built on..
Not necessarily. DD played travel softball, DS plays travel soccer. If the family has a vacation, the child isn't expected to be at practice (it's even ok to miss tournaments).

DD played 2, maybe 3 tournaments a month. There'd always be at least one weekend "off", sometimes two.

Most of our travel was driving distance. Yes, there might be an occasional overnight, but nothing really extreme.

We've always been able to take family vacations.

I'm sure there are "extreme" travel teams the above rules apply to, and it's good to find out if the team you're trying out for uses those rules, but I'm guessing <20% of travel teams actually use them.

Sorry SaraJayne. Hopefully DS knows he can use this as motivation to get better and try out again next year (assuming he wants to).

Sorry :(

Good luck to him -- hopefully he can find another team for the summer. :)

Thanks.

I think with everything going on in our lives right now (MIL in hospital, friend was just killed in car accident and just every day life), he is not planning on trying out for a different team.

I think he will just stick with high school baseball this year.

Not necessarily. DD played travel softball, DS plays travel soccer. If the family has a vacation, the child isn't expected to be at practice (it's even ok to miss tournaments).

DD played 2, maybe 3 tournaments a month. There'd always be at least one weekend "off", sometimes two.

Most of our travel was driving distance. Yes, there might be an occasional overnight, but nothing really extreme.

We've always been able to take family vacations.

I'm sure there are "extreme" travel teams the above rules apply to, and it's good to find out if the team you're trying out for uses those rules, but I'm guessing <20% of travel teams actually use them.

What are the ages of your children?

Kae

Thanks.

I think with everything going on in our lives right now (MIL in hospital, friend was just killed in car accident and just every day life), he is not planning on trying out for a different team.

I think he will just stick with high school baseball this year.

I agree, there's a lot going on and maybe that is enough for him at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter