Traveling Sans Children

wishonastar

Earning My Ears
We're celebrating our 50th birthdays at Disney..just me and DH. Any tips for those of us young at heart?:pinkbounc

Have you seen those wonderful commercials on TV about the grown children wondering what their parents are doing at Disney World? They are having a fantastic vacation!

My husband & I are generally without kids on our Disney trips. You can do whatever you want, as many times as you want. You can eat when you want, or not eat when you want. You can swim or sun whenever you want.

I'll never forget the great trips we have taken over the years since my children were babies. But Disney World is truly a magical place for adults. Have a super vacation.

DH and I (senior set) just returned on Thurs from a week at BWV. It was one of the best. Usually we bring crandchildren or travel with kids and their childre.. That is fun but with just 2 of us we decided whenever to do whatever or not to do anything and came home truly rested.
We re going back in Oct w family so it will be different but do go and keep your options open, no one is going to say hurry up lets go.

My only advice to you is be young at heart! Just because you don't have your children with you, doesn't mean that you still can't enjoy Buzz Lightyear or Peter Pan. That's the beauty of the MK, you can be a kid at any age!
DH & I take at least one kidfree Disney trip every year. Its fun to enjoy the things you normally do with your kids there. Its also great to take in some adult fun too...the things you can't normally do when you have your kids in tow. If you're into nightlife, hit Pleasure Island. Go see Cirque du Soliel. Or enjoy World Showcase in Epcot (our kids are younger and really don't appreciate the different countries)

Have a blast!

Try to get the last seating at the Rose & Crown in Epcot and ask for an outside table when you arrive, then enjoy Illuminations from there (eat slowly and time it so that you're having dessert when Illuminations begins).

Go parasailing! You will find some information about that activity if you <b>CLICK HERE</b>

Take one of the tours, like Dolphins in Depth.

My dh and I weren't celebrating anything but each other on our last trip and it was wonderful. We walked hand in hand and had a ball. He loved MGM and Epcot and he's severely Disney impaired, so that's really saying something ;)

Rent a pontoon boat and sail around one of the lakes.

See La Nouba, the awesome Cirque du Soleil production, my husband was absolutely enthralled by this show.

Go dancing at the Atlantic City Dance Hall on the Boardwalk. Spend an evening strolling the Boardwalk and watching the street performers.

Watch the MK fireworks from atop the California Grill at the Contemporary.

Get a glass of wine (or a cup of tea) and sit on your balcony and gaze into each other's eyes. There are so many fun things you can do.

I hope you have a <b>magical</b> trip!

Katholyn

Aw, Katholyn, great suggestions!
I think I'm going to go an plan a quick "grown up" trip just to do some of these!

So romantic!

We're in our 2nd year of traveling without kids and enjoy the parks more than ever. Having your own schedule and a slow start to the morning is a big plus. There's less stree and you can just stroll around and enjoy the ambience more than you ever could with kids.

One pointer: After dark, take the walk from the Poly to the G.Floridian...and back (or vice-versa). Very nice and quiet. You can watch the M.K. fireworks on Saturday nights as well.

Have fun!:)

The wife and I have spent a couple of fabulous times alone at WDW. Some ideas - visit other resorts, have lunch or a drink or just hang out in the public areas. We rode the monorail to the GF, had dinner then took a boat to the Poly for a drink, walked the beach then monorailed back to the Contemp for the fireworks.
We spent did the same at the Boardwalk lagoon. We have also just hung out at Downtown Disney (during the day) and enjoyed the ambiance. Watching other peoples kids can be fun.
Have a nice dinner or two at some of the finer restaurants. Personally I like Fulton's, the California Grille, the Yacht Club Steakhouse and a few others. Try a round of miniature golf, see a movie and let your spouse sleep late while you get coffee and pastries. If you do the parks - spend time on Main Street USA or in the gardens. Act like a kid but stop and see everything. Use your imagination and have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter