Travel times from resorts

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jmcghee2024, Nov 20, 2012.

1. jmcghee2024

jmcghee2024 DIS Veteran

Is there any site or link that lists approximate travel times from resorts to the parks and DD. I am particularly interested in POFQ.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. vtownpatty

vtownpatty Mouseketeer

Yes, I believe it is on the Our Laughing Place site. Just Google WDW transportation calculator. It will show different ways to get from point A to point B with approximate times. Hope that helps.

4. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

5. Forensicmom

Forensicmom Mouseketeer

That's a great site. I wish I had seen it before we went on our trip.

6. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

7. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I hate to break it to you all, but that site is woefully out of date and not very accurate.:(

It is well known on the Transportation Board to take the OLP time estimates with a grain of salt.

8. osu2k1

osu2k1 Disneyland Veteran | Disneyworld Newbie

I was wondering. It didn't even list the boat as an option from POR.

9. Bell30012

Bell30012 DIS Veteran

We've used the iPhone app from OLP for years. It will give you an estimate. Of course, some say that it isn't accurate but we always leave plenty of time for transportation.

OLP Transportation Wizard - App

10. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

The problem is, some of the estimates don't make any sense. No way does it take the same time to get from POR to Epcot that it does to get from POR to the Animal Kingdom. No way! And it is certainly not quicker to get to MK than Epcot from POR, but that is what it tells you.

Leaving plenty of time for transportation is great advice. But I would never suggest someone look at OLP and use those travel times as a guide. They are way off!

11. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Use OLP traval wizard as a 'suggestion', but don't make any firm plans on it based on it's info.
    For instance...when I plug in AK to Fantasia Gardens, one of the suggestions is bus from AK to Fantasia Gardens!!! Um, no bus there. But it does list, further down, a bus to the Dolphin and walk over to FG!!
    Or bus to DHS and boat to S/D and walk over!!!
    Seriously??? Bus from AK to S/D, and then walk over...that's pretty much the best way to go..if using Disney transportation!!!

DTD to MK??? Easiest method is still bus to CR and then walk over to MK. That's not even listed!!!