Travel time to/from MK & POR

hokie98

Mouseketeer
Our first full day at WDW (5 weeks from yesterday!) we are headed to MK, which is also a MNSSHP day. We don't plan on going to the party that day (but later in the week). It's also DD's birthday. I figure we'll be at MK at rope-drop, or at least very soon thereafter. We have lunch at CP at noon. I was figuring we'd then head back to POR to rest, then go back to MK for a couple of more hours, then hit our 6:50 ADR at Kona Cafe on the way back to POR. But now I'm wondering if we'll have enough time to make it worth our while to even go back to POR in the afternoon. What do those of you that are experienced in going back & forth from POR think? I can either keep on plan if the consensus is we'll have enough time, or stay at the park all day and try for an early ADR at KC - leaving out of the park a little after 4, and trying for an ADR around 5pm. We'll have a 16 month old with us, who will be the complete wildcard in all of this. That's why I think we'll want to leave the park earlier than 7pm (plus it's our first day of a week long stay, and no reason to exhaust ourselves the first day). TIA!!

Our first full day at WDW (5 weeks from yesterday!) we are headed to MK, which is also a MNSSHP day. We don't plan on going to the party that day (but later in the week). It's also DD's birthday. I figure we'll be at MK at rope-drop, or at least very soon thereafter. We have lunch at CP at noon. I was figuring we'd then head back to POR to rest, then go back to MK for a couple of more hours, then hit our 6:50 ADR at Kona Cafe on the way back to POR. But now I'm wondering if we'll have enough time to make it worth our while to even go back to POR in the afternoon. What do those of you that are experienced in going back & forth from POR think? I can either keep on plan if the consensus is we'll have enough time, or stay at the park all day and try for an early ADR at KC - leaving out of the park a little after 4, and trying for an ADR around 5pm. We'll have a 16 month old with us, who will be the complete wildcard in all of this. That's why I think we'll want to leave the park earlier than 7pm (plus it's our first day of a week long stay, and no reason to exhaust ourselves the first day). TIA!!

I think it's doable for sure. Working backwards from your 6:50 ADR at Kona I'd recommend being at the MK/GF/POLY boat launch by 6:00 PM to allow enough time. If you happen to get to the Poly early it's a nice place to walk around. :) If you are there at rope drop let's say from 9:00-12:00. Back to POR from 12:30-3:00/3:30-ish, then MK from 4:00-6:00. That sounds pretty relaxing. I wouldn't have kept my boys at MK from rope drop to a 5:00 PM dinner straight through at age 16 months. They always needed down time.

I think it's doable for sure. Working backwards from your 6:50 ADR at Kona I'd recommend being at the MK/GF/POLY boat launch by 6:00 PM to allow enough time. If you happen to get to the Poly early it's a nice place to walk around. :) If you are there at rope drop let's say from 9:00-12:00. Back to POR from 12:30-3:00/3:30-ish, then MK from 4:00-6:00. That sounds pretty relaxing. I wouldn't have kept my boys at MK from rope drop to a 5:00 PM dinner straight through at age 16 months. They always needed down time.

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

You've already gotten good advice :) Just wanted to chime in that we just stayed at POR and it's about a 15 minute bus ride and we had no issues getting buses but they say to plan on 20 minutes (average wait for us was 5 minutes, once we waited 15). Then it's about 5 min or so getting off the bus and through the gates, so planning on 45 minutes travel time to and from MK should be worst case unless something crazy happens.

Have fun! :cool1:

You've already gotten good advice :) Just wanted to chime in that we just stayed at POR and it's about a 15 minute bus ride and we had no issues getting buses but they say to plan on 20 minutes (average wait for us was 5 minutes, once we waited 15). Then it's about 5 min or so getting off the bus and through the gates, so planning on 45 minutes travel time to and from MK should be worst case unless something crazy happens.

Have fun! :cool1:

I hope we have as much luck with the buses! Thanks again; we're looking forward to a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter