travel sizes

zweihund

I tagged myself. I'm it.
This may seem lile an odd question, but I know there are alot of experienced travellers here and the advice so far has been great! Someone must know the answer to this question......

I want to make a travel pack for myself and my husband that we can just grab and go, instead of having to grab things out of the shower and cabinets and such. Saving space and time is priority for me when on vacation. So, I need to know where I can get travel sizes for:

hair mousse (can't find this anywhere)
febreeze (saw it once years ago and never again)
air freshener spray
wrinkle release spray

Also, if anyone has a great suggestion for a travel-sezed item they can't live without, I would love to hear it. I just hate lugging along full sizes of everything and taking up so much space in our bags. Plus, it makes packing so much easier if you can just grab and go! :moped:

Thanks!

zweihund said:
I want to make a travel pack for myself and my husband that we can just grab and go, instead of having to grab things out of the shower and cabinets and such. Saving space and time is priority for me when on vacation. So, I need to know where I can get travel sizes for:

hair mousse (can't find this anywhere)
febreeze (saw it once years ago and never again)
air freshener spray
wrinkle release spray

Also, if anyone has a great suggestion for a travel-sezed item they can't live without, I would love to hear it. I just hate lugging along full sizes of everything and taking up so much space in our bags. Plus, it makes packing so much easier if you can just grab and go! :moped:

Thanks!

Wrinkle release...Magellan.com...The Magellan's travel store...they carry other useful travel stuff, too...

I like their spot release pen...

I found travel size wrinkle release at Wal-Mart. Taget has an amazing travel size aisle - yup a whole aisle in ours. I went insane there. I love travel size hand sanitizer and toilet seat covers and travel sized plastic bags in a handy dandy dispenser that is no more than 2" square.

I have never seen your other items anywhere though, except mousse which I have seen but I didn't see it at Target but you never know - they had every other type of hair product.

We always pack febreze in a travel size hairspray bottle. We don't use much of it. Just to refresh clothes that we might have worn once before for just an hour or so (like after the late dinner to just sit around in). We do the same for my J&J hair detangler. For everything else, condition, hair gel, etc. this is what we do. Say I might only need 1/3 bottle of conditioner (love Pantene and those combo shampoo/conditioners just don't cut it) I'll stop using that particular bottle at home when I reach about 1/3 and start a new bottle. Take the larger bottle with you and throw it out before packing for home. It takes up room going down, but you'll need the space to pack souvenirs. Disposable razors throw away. Bring an older toothbrush and trash that too (you're supposed to get new ones every few months anyway).

You can get travel containers to refill with whatever you need. There are pumps and lotion-type lids and then just regular lids. You can use the pump to fill up wrinkle release and febreeze. (although I have seen travel febreeze at walmart)

as for air freshener, you can get little cans in the auto dept.

I don't know about the mousse - maybe a store like sally beauty supply?

ITA, Target and Walmart have excellent Travel Size aisles. I also always purchase a few of refillable travel size containers. I fill these with my favorite shower gels, make-up remover and lotion.

Yes, Target and Wal-Mart are great places for travel size products. Also, we have several travel outfitter type/luggage stores here that also carry travel sized stuff, so you may want to look under Luggage in the phone book and check those stores out.

Thank you all for the great suggestions! I know where I'll be shopping this week..... :teeth:

try the dollar stores, you would be surprised what you find there :thumbsup2

I have found John Frieda Frizz-Eeze hair mouse in travel sizes at Brooks, Walgreens and CVS. Downy wrinkle release is available in 3 pack travel sizes. It wasn't with the trial sizes, it was with the full size products (it was either Wal-Mart or Target).

I have found for hair products, your stylist is the best place for those. Another place I found for mousses, hair sprays, spritzes and things of that nature is believe or not eBay. I am a big Paul Mitchell girl and found several this past summer. At Wal-mart you can find travel items such as shampoo and conditioner bottles that are perfect size for adding your favorite shampoo/conditioners. You can get these also in colors to match your luggage as well as a whole line for toothbrushes, soaps , razors and such.

Our local supermarkets and drug stores have a section with travel size toiletries.

Woody

Just one caution from a business road warrior. Travel sizes are great if you are only going away for 2-3 days. Beyond that, you will start to run out of things. Or, if you make it through the whole trip, on the next one you will run out at a critical moment and will then be looking for a Wal-Mart or Target. Not to mention the cost you pay for the small convenience.

Buy the travel bottles that others have mentioned and fill them with your normal products. Travel bottles will typically hold 2-4 times what a typical travel size will provide. No risk of running out when you need it.

I actually have a tri-fold bag (similar to a product from Land's End) in which I stock a hair brush, full size deodarant, full-size shave gel, full-size shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste and a travel shampoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter