We put a deposit down last January on on cruise for January 2013. Our PIF date is looming and I am looking at travel insurance. MIL is not the healthiest of people and my biggest fear is that if something should happen that she is hospitalized we would want to be covered. Also I live in the Northeast. Weather in January is iffy at best (we are flying in the day before for a buffer). So I am looking for coverage for those main reasons (besides the usual ones). It looks like most of the "cancel for any reason" policies require you to purchase it within so many days of the initial payment. Which means we are SOL. I take it that my deposit 6 months ago was my initial payment. [Slaps forehead] And MIL has pre-exisiting conditions, but she is stable right now. How does that work? Not so worried about weather delays, as this seems to be standard for most policies. Help!