Transportation - What Would You Do?

Matty Ice

Mouseketeer
I'm reaching out to the Disboarders to see what you would do for transportation. Myself, DW, DD-7 and DD-5 are flying into Ft. Lauderdale 1/27 and staying at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood. 1/28 we Embark on our first Disney Cruise out of Miami! I need some advice. Would you: a) take a cab from the airport to the hotel Sunday night and then a shuttle to the port of Miami Monday morning? or b) rent a car at FLL and return it to MIA then take the rental car shuttle to the port? Price is pretty close when I factor in transportation fees, tips, gas, etc...

:confused3

Thank you in advance for your opinions!

I am using SAS transportation from FLL which was the cheapest rate that I found between renting a car for 5, taking a taxi or car service. I will be using them next week so I can let you know how good they are after that.

Kris

I prefer early check in, so I'd take a taxicab or car service to avoid possible long wait time for the courtesy shuttle.
We're also flying to FLL and cruising out from Port Miami. We'd like to spend a couple days in Miami after the cruise, so I plan to use car services to POM and rent a car afterwards.

Here are some car services:
QLS Transportation
SAS Transportation
GO Airport Shuttle

Did the same thing on a Carnival cruise 2 yrs ago staying at the same hotel. We took a cab from FLL to the hotel. Then the next morning took SAS transportation from hotel to POM. Worked great, no problems.

Hi,

We (5 adults 1 preschooler and 1 infant) just got back from the 1/10/13 4 night Bahamas cruise out of Miami on the Wonder...what a fabulous first cruise experience!

We flew into FLL on 1/08 (coming from Maine I wanted to be sure that we had plenty of time to get to FLL in the event of a winter storm) and stayed there for the first 2 nights as airfare and hotels are SO much cheaper in Fort Lauderdale. We rented minivan for FL, but didn't want to have to deal with returning a car in Miami and then get to the ship. We booked with MJS Transportation (gomjstrans.com) to pick us up at FLL and take us to the Port of Miami and for the return trip back to FLL. I was nervous about booking a service but had read glowing reviews about this service on cruisecritic.com.

I can't say enough good things about this service:

• Mike and Jeremy contacted us beforehand to confirm and answer any questions we had
  • Mike called the day before to confirm location at FLL they were picking us up at; Jeremy called shortly after to say he was running into traffic and might be 5 minutes late and to confirm our location
  • Jeremy called again to say he was pulling into the airport and to give us the exact spot to pick us up, 1 minute later he pulled up in a beautifully maintained Mercedes shuttle
  • Even though FL law doesn't require them for commercial for hire transport, Mike and Jeremy had purchased a top quality convertible car seat for my 9 month old granddaughter because they knew my daughter was uncomfortable with the thought of her not being in a carseat
  • Jeremy was very personable and did the tour guide thing and told us about the area we were driving through; very pleasant efficient drive to the Port of Miami and we arrived right on time for our 11:00 check-in
  • Before pulling away, Jeremy gave us instructions on when to contact him on departure day; he was waiting just outside the Port of Miami when we called him from Customs, pulled up at the appointed place within minutes of our calling him to say we had cleared customs; just as pleasant and efficient as the drop off trip!

I know this is a lengthy post, but it is such a leap of faith to book a service when you aren't from the area and if they don't show it can really start your trip off on a bad note. MJS was awesome, had fantastic customer service, and was more reasonable than all the other services we checked out. I think that anybody looking for quality transportation to the Port of Miami from FLL should definitely book with them!

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we enjoyed ours!

Hi,

We (5 adults 1 preschooler and 1 infant) just got back from the 1/10/13 4 night Bahamas cruise out of Miami on the Wonder...what a fabulous first cruise experience!

We flew into FLL on 1/08 (coming from Maine I wanted to be sure that we had plenty of time to get to FLL in the event of a winter storm) and stayed there for the first 2 nights as airfare and hotels are SO much cheaper in Fort Lauderdale. We rented minivan for FL, but didn't want to have to deal with returning a car in Miami and then get to the ship. We booked with MJS Transportation (gomjstrans.com) to pick us up at FLL and take us to the Port of Miami and for the return trip back to FLL. I was nervous about booking a service but had read glowing reviews about this service on cruisecritic.com.

I can't say enough good things about this service:

• Mike and Jeremy contacted us beforehand to confirm and answer any questions we had
  • Mike called the day before to confirm location at FLL they were picking us up at; Jeremy called shortly after to say he was running into traffic and might be 5 minutes late and to confirm our location
  • Jeremy called again to say he was pulling into the airport and to give us the exact spot to pick us up, 1 minute later he pulled up in a beautifully maintained Mercedes shuttle
  • Even though FL law doesn't require them for commercial for hire transport, Mike and Jeremy had purchased a top quality convertible car seat for my 9 month old granddaughter because they knew my daughter was uncomfortable with the thought of her not being in a carseat
  • Jeremy was very personable and did the tour guide thing and told us about the area we were driving through; very pleasant efficient drive to the Port of Miami and we arrived right on time for our 11:00 check-in
  • Before pulling away, Jeremy gave us instructions on when to contact him on departure day; he was waiting just outside the Port of Miami when we called him from Customs, pulled up at the appointed place within minutes of our calling him to say we had cleared customs; just as pleasant and efficient as the drop off trip!

I know this is a lengthy post, but it is such a leap of faith to book a service when you aren't from the area and if they don't show it can really start your trip off on a bad note. MJS was awesome, had fantastic customer service, and was more reasonable than all the other services we checked out. I think that anybody looking for quality transportation to the Port of Miami from FLL should definitely book with them!

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we enjoyed ours!
I'm so glad you posted this! We just returned from this same cruise and used SAS Transportation. Although they were fine, they were late picking us up and didn't get us to the POM until well after noon. We figure our vacation starts the minute we get to the port, so we want to be picked up earlier. It sounds like this company picked you up earlier and were wonderful, so I already sent in a request to use them for our next cruise. Again, thanks for sharing!:goodvibes

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter