Transportation to US/IoA

Thank you so much for your help. I have one more question can you tell me aprox. how long it takes to get from IOA to the Disney property or DTD? I'm just wondering if the 8:30 sounds reasonable. This is my first trip and I am unsure of the distance and traffic.

THANKS!!:thumbsup2
It will depend on your pickup time and then what other stops the bus/van has to make. Normally, it shouldn't be more than 30 or so mins between the two. But, it's best to plan on it taking much longer.

It will depend on your pickup time and then what other stops the bus/van has to make. Normally, it shouldn't be more than 30 or so mins between the two. But, it's best to plan on it taking much longer.
Thanks! I'll book it 1.5 hours out so I won't be late.:thumbsup2

I will be visiting Disney World solo for a few days after spending time with friends in Northern Florida. I have done WDW many times and would love to see Universal. I do prefer staying in a Disney World hotel. I have read that Mears does an 18.00 round trip from your Disney hotel to Universal. I was wondering if anyone knows if they will do this for just one person or do you need to book for a group? Also, can you buy your Universal one day ticket from them in advance? Thanks for any info. Beachfan

I will be visiting Disney World solo for a few days after spending time with friends in Northern Florida. I have done WDW many times and would love to see Universal. I do prefer staying in a Disney World hotel. I have read that Mears does an 18.00 round trip from your Disney hotel to Universal. I was wondering if anyone knows if they will do this for just one person or do you need to book for a group? Also, can you buy your Universal one day ticket from them in advance? Thanks for any info. Beachfan

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/tickets.htm

Check out this link.I have used this several times...it's a great deal. You can pay for it all now, in advance. Then, print out everything before you head to WDW. The night before you want to go to US/IoA, just call the number you are given (in that paperwork). You can set up your pickup time, right at your WDW resort. You can either make your return trip time in advance, or you can wait until you get to US/IoA. Then, a few hours before you're ready to head back to WDW, just call Mears and they will give you a pickup time that meets your needs a few hours later.
We were able to get a ride early enough to turn in our paperwork for park tickets and enter the parks about 5 mins after they officially opened. We did the two park pass.....we were able to do just about everything at both parks that we were interested in. Then, about 3:00, we called Mears and got a pickup time about 90 mins later...really easy.

I was thinking of booking a 2-day/2-park pass with 2 r/t Mears transfers through Dreams. How long did it take for you to get an e-mail to print out for your transfer? Did it come within a few days, as I will be actually travelling internationally before I get to Orlando and would rather have all my paperwork in hand for the entire trip.

I'm wondering how much to tip for 1 person? Would $2 each way and each day be sufficient on what Mears charges for a $19 r/t?

Also, I had called Mears a while back; they indicated it wouldn't be a problem if I were picked up one day from Pop Century and returned to the Polynesian Resort (so I could make my late dinner ADR to 'Ohana). So others might find it possible to be returned elsewhere on the Disney property.

Thanks for your help.

I was thinking of booking a 2-day/2-park pass with 2 r/t Mears transfers through Dreams. How long did it take for you to get an e-mail to print out for your transfer? Did it come within a few days, as I will be actually travelling internationally before I get to Orlando and would rather have all my paperwork in hand for the entire trip.

I'm wondering how much to tip for 1 person? Would $2 each way and each day be sufficient on what Mears charges for a $19 r/t?

Also, I had called Mears a while back; they indicated it wouldn't be a problem if I were picked up one day from Pop Century and returned to the Polynesian Resort (so I could make my late dinner ADR to 'Ohana). So others might find it possible to be returned elsewhere on the Disney property.

Thanks for your help.
I can't remember exactly, but I 'think' I remember being able to print out my confirmation papers as soon as I booked online. BUT....my aging brain may not be functioning at 100%.
I would think that would be a decent tip. I think that's about what I tipped at...well, it was actually $4 each way but there were two of us.

Hello!:goodvibes
Question: My family is looking to go to Citywalk one evening, and we will be staying at the BC- can anyone tell me if taxis are always outside of Citywalk waiting for passengers and where they are? I have never been to Citywalk, so I don't know where to go to look for a cab after our dinner.
Thank you, sorry if this is a silly question!

You have to walk in to CityWalk from the garage area. But, there should be cabs there pretty much all the time. Or, you could probably walk over to one of the US/IoA resorts (Hard Rock or Royal Pacific) and get a cab there.

You have to walk in to CityWalk from the garage area. But, there should be cabs there pretty much all the time. Or, you could probably walk over to one of the US/IoA resorts (Hard Rock or Royal Pacific) and get a cab there.

Thank you!:goodvibes

"Check out this link. I have used this several times...it's a great deal. You can pay for it all now, in advance. Then, print out everything before you head to WDW. The night before you want to go to US/IoA, just call the number you are given (in that paperwork). You can set up your pickup time, right at your WDW resort. You can either make your return trip time in advance, or you can wait until you get to US/IoA. Then, a few hours before you're ready to head back to WDW, just call Mears and they will give you a pickup time that meets your needs a few hours later.
We were able to get a ride early enough to turn in our paperwork for park tickets and enter the parks about 5 mins after they officially opened. We did the two park pass.....we were able to do just about everything at both parks that we were interested in. Then, about 3:00, we called Mears and got a pickup time about 90 mins later...really easy.

Goofytink:Did you ever check for Early Entry with these DU park tix? Quite a few here on the boards have indicated they were able to enter with Universal resort guests with these tix (UPRV). But Julie from DU tells me "We have been told that these tickets do not allow early entry into the parks."

Nope. To the best of my knowledge, only US/IoA should be getting early entry perks. I'm sure that some people have arrived early and been able to get in, without resort proof. There is no way I would expect to be able to gain early entry when using a day park pass..unless I had my US room key.
There may have been some here who 'thought' they were getting early entry with these passes. I'm pretty sure they just weren't checked as well as they should have been.

I have to say that if I had paid to stay in one of the US resorts, in order to get early entry perks, and found that those arriving via the DU offer, from WDW, were able to get the same perks, I would be very miffed. I don't want those staying at the Hard Rock to be able to get into MK's EMHs, so why should I expect to get into IoA early??

I have to say that if I had paid to stay in one of the US resorts, in order to get early entry perks, and found that those arriving via the DU offer, from WDW, were able to get the same perks, I would be very miffed. I don't want those staying at the Hard Rock to be able to get into MK's EMHs, so why should I expect to get into IoA early??

True, true...and I'm one of those people that have paid through the nose to stay onsite at Universal to take advantage of the early entry tix. So...thanks for that reminder.

Anyone take a taxi from SSR (or nearby) to Universal recently? I checked the Mears taxi estimator (~ $25 each way), but given some posts I've come across from last year, I suspect this estimate is on the low side. Especially given the rising price of gas :sad2:

I have to think that's a bit on the low side. They usually run about the same as a car service. Did you look into the DU offer?? It's a pretty good deal...almost like getting free transportation.
Otherwise, Mears charges about $20 pp, r/t. If you have a smaller group, that may well be cheaper than a cab or car service. But, if you have more than 3, it's going to be cheaper to get a cab or hired car.

Just a question... My Dh and I going to MNSSHP on Nov 1 (if tehre is a party on that day) from Royal Pacific Resort. Can Mears accomodate a pick up at midnight? Or are cabs available outside MK after MNSSHP finishes? I'm just afraid to be stranded after the party!

Thanks in advance for anyone who could help! :)

Just a question... My Dh and I going to MNSSHP on Nov 1 (if tehre is a party on that day) from Royal Pacific Resort. Can Mears accomodate a pick up at midnight? Or are cabs available outside MK after MNSSHP finishes? I'm just afraid to be stranded after the party!

Thanks in advance for anyone who could help! :)

The cabs will be at the TTC, not outside of MK. The other thing you can do is walk over to Contemporary and get a cab there. That's what I would do. If one is not waiting, they'll call one for you. I think you have no risk of being stranded after the party. Have fun, MNSSHP is a blast!

Going to US/IOA during our next Disney Vacation. Thank you for posting this information about transportation. I used Mears years ago when my daughter was in a dance competition and had forgot all about them.

I do have one question... When you use the Mears Shuttle, were do they drop you off / pick up up at US/IOA? Does anyone know? I have not been there since I was a kid!

Going to US/IOA during our next Disney Vacation. Thank you for posting this information about transportation. I used Mears years ago when my daughter was in a dance competition and had forgot all about them.

I do have one question... When you use the Mears Shuttle, were do they drop you off / pick up up at US/IOA? Does anyone know? I have not been there since I was a kid!
The Mears shuttles will drop you off at the bottom of the parking lot escalators. So, basically, you get off the bus, walk down the sidewalk and then either walk up the stairs or take the escalator, and turn left....you are now at the moving walkway that takes you to City Walk. This is also where you will find bag checks. It takes less than 10 mins to walk from the bus area to City Walk.

Not sure if this makes sense or if possible but here goes. We always rent a car, never thought of NOT renting a car. But this year we are going to US/IOA for a day (straight from MCO) - and then to WDW the next day for 6 days

Would it make sense/possible to take mears from MCO to UN and then next day from Univeral (Un) to WDW and then take Magic Express to MCO at end of trip?

Would this qualify for Mears 19.00 Round trip pp? Or is it not considered a round trip? We are a party of 3...thanks!

Not sure if this makes sense or if possible but here goes. We always rent a car, never thought of NOT renting a car. But this year we are going to US/IOA for a day (straight from MCO) - and then to WDW the next day for 6 days

Would it make sense/possible to take mears from MCO to UN and then next day from Univeral (Un) to WDW and then take Magic Express to MCO at end of trip?

Would this qualify for Mears 19.00 Round trip pp? Or is it not considered a round trip? We are a party of 3...thanks!

I think you'd have to call Mears on that question. I don't see them counting it as a "round trip" because it isn't. That would be two one way trips. Still might be priced economically, however.

You'll have no issues with doing Magical Express for only your return trip from your WDW resort to MCO. Just let DME know you only need it one way.

Something else you might consider would be renting a car at MCO for the trip to your US/IOA hotel, to US/IOA, and to your WDW resort. Depending on the agency you rent with, you could return the car at the Care Care Center near MK (National/Alamo), Swolphin, or one of the hotels near DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter