Transportation to The Wave

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by abbie13_15, May 29, 2013.

1. abbie13_15

abbie13_15 Mouseketeer

Easy question! We will be at Magic Kingdom all day. We have dinner reservations at The Wave. What's the best way to get there? I know it's really close. Didn't know if walking was the best option or if the monorail stops there on the way out of the park. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kappyfamily

kappyfamily DIS Veteran

The walk is very easy. Took us about 6 or 7 minutes. If you are exhausted then the monorail will work too! Have fun. We liked The Wave alot.

4. capegirl

capegirl DIS Veteran

You can walk, but taking the resort monorail is very easy, and quick. Besides, the monorail pulls up inside the Contemporary resort...really cool.

5. abbie13_15

abbie13_15 Mouseketeer

If I remember right the loop will take us back to the ticket center and parking lot. Then we will stay on and head back to the park after it stops and get off at the hotel? Or am I totally wrong?

6. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

You didn't say what hotel. But the loop is MK-Contemporary-TTC-Poly-Grand Floridian-MK.

Oh, now i see that you mean the Contemporary - I thought you meant after your meal. The CR is the stop after the MK, before the TTC.

7. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

There are two loops. The Express Beam is TTC >> MK >> TTC. The Resort Beam is TTC >> Poly >> GF >> MK >> Contemporary >> TTC. But from the MK Gate the walking distance to the Contemporary is really not much longer than the walk to the Resort Beam (and it is flat and not uphill).

8. jlsmith376

jlsmith376 Mouseketeer

Yes you can get back on the monorail after dinner and stay on it to go back to MK. It will first stop at the TTC, then Poly, then Grand Floridian and then MK.

BTW - When you leave MK for dinner at the Wave, make sure you get on the "Resort Monorail" line. The other line just takes you back to the TTC.