Transportation to Horror Nights & Mummy

As for Great America there is a bus stop right in front of the park. You can take one of the buses to the Libertyville Metra train which can take you back to the Chicago area. They also have rt transportation in the summer via bus from different cities near the Chicago area and suburbs.

I appreciate all of your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them. I guess if you were in my situation last week with getting ridiculous quotes from drivers for $50 to go from a Seaworld hotel to the airport you would be happy to take the public transportation there.

I don't agree with the comment that those buses are just for "workers." If that's the case then no on else but workers should ride public transportation anywhere. Its a free country, you can take the bus or drive, you know?

What they meant was that the city taxpayers don't want to fund buses geared mainly for tourists. They want their buses to be geared mainly toward their residents. There would be no profit made running a city bus for HHN to the variety of hotels, hence the people of Orlando would not be wanting to fund it.

In Chicago, I would imagine it is mostly locals who go to the Six Flags park. Hence a city bus going there makes sense. In Orlando, it is mainly tourists who go to the parks, hence the lack of city buses going to the parks.

Skewter04,I hope that you have been answered to your satisfaction!:goodvibes The folks on the Universal Boards are gracious,knowledgeable,and kind.I've never encountered a reply by one of the regulars that hasn't been tactful,helpful,and encouraging.Don't be a stranger!

As for Great America there is a bus stop right in front of the park. You can take one of the buses to the Libertyville Metra train which can take you back to the Chicago area. They also have rt transportation in the summer via bus from different cities near the Chicago area and suburbs.

Yes there are some bus lines but the amount of time it involves are horrible.

From Kenosha, Zion or Waukegan, you could be on the bus for almost two hours before you reach the park.
You drive and depending on which line you would have taken, could be 15 minutes.

From chgo, you are looking at a long time on the bus.

One of my sons worked at ga one summer.
Driving him took 12 minutes. By bus 90minutes.
I did a lot of driving that summer. Lol.......
Was thrilled when he quit.

If you are coming from Libertyville by bus, and the last stop until you reach the park, this would be a good deal.

Interesting article on the DIs today that I thought was worth mentioning in this thread

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_Disney_News/Lynx_may_cut_bus_route_to_Walt_Disney_World.htm

Basically, Disney has been subsidizing the LYNX route that runs from the airport to the parks. Because they believe that not enough of their employees are actually using the route, they have decided to quit subsidizing this route. As a result, LYNX is seriously looking at cutting the route to end service to the resort as the additional costs to run the route that far south is WAY WAY above the revenue generated from riders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter