Transportation services from Kissimmee Amtrak station?

EpcotMatt

DIS Veteran
We'll be using Amtrak to get to WDW next month from PA. We'll be getting off at the Kissimmee Amtrak station since it's a bit closer to WDW than the Orlando station. But I really know nothing about what's around there. I'm looking for the best/cheapest way to get from the station to WDW & back on our return date. Does anyone have any experience with any transportation services, taxis, vans, etc that you would recommend? We don't need to stop anywhere along the way, we just need to get from the station to our resort. Renting a car is an option I guess, but I'm guessing a service would be cheaper. Or if getting a car rental is comparable, what agencies are close to the Kissimmee station & will pick us up? Thanks in advance.:)

We'll be using Amtrak to get to WDW next month from PA. We'll be getting off at the Kissimmee Amtrak station since it's a bit closer to WDW than the Orlando station. But I really know nothing about what's around there. I'm looking for the best/cheapest way to get from the station to WDW & back on our return date. Does anyone have any experience with any transportation services, taxis, vans, etc that you would recommend? We don't need to stop anywhere along the way, we just need to get from the station to our resort. Renting a car is an option I guess, but I'm guessing a service would be cheaper. Or if getting a car rental is comparable, what agencies are close to the Kissimmee station & will pick us up? Thanks in advance.:)

Just wondering how you did with Amtrak to Kissimmee. We're considering doing this for our trip in June. We usually drive from PA, but thought this might be a nice change. We'd get the train in Philadelphia. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Jessica:wave:

From what I have read (and seen) the Kissimmee train station is not in the best part of town. You would probably do better (and faster) getting off at Orlando and finding transportation to WDW from there.

From what I have read (and seen) the Kissimmee train station is not in the best part of town. You would probably do better (and faster) getting off at Orlando and finding transportation to WDW from there.
I've been to the Amtrak stations in Kissimmee and Orlando (to drop off and pick up train passengers). While neither train station is in an affluent neighborhood, the area surrounding the Kissimmee station looked better than the area around the Orlando station. There are some run-down buildings right by the Kissimmee station, but, overall, the area didn't look that bad.

We've used Amtrak for the past 10 years for our trips to WDW, and we always get off at the Kissimmee station. Its the other way around, Orlando station is in the not so good area. The stop in Orlando, going and coming, is a long stop, everyone seems to detrain there making for a huge crowd looking for ways to WDW and others boarding to head north. We sit and watch through the window of the train, next stop is Kissimmee and usually around 10 people detrain there. Cabs are there and we use them, if not the station master will call one for you. Kissimmee is closer to WDW, cheaper cab fare, runs us 35-38 dollars one way plus tip not stops, takes around 20 minutes. We once had to board the train coming home in Orlando due to hurrican Wilma shutting down the Kissimmee station and the fare from WDW to depot was 48 dollars, about 10 bucks more and waiting to board was a mad house, tons of people lining up in the hot sun and everyone knows only one person can fit into the train door at a time, glad we had a sleeper, roomette, going back so we boarded with just a few others and got out of the stifling heat and watched the others wait for at least 30 minutes to all get on board. We'll always use the Kissimmee station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter