Transportation quandry

plgrn

DIS Veteran
What's the best way to do this: arr dec 6 to mco a day before 3 day wonder cruise. The Hyatt's raates are too expensive, so thinking about a motel or hotel with complimentary airport shuttle. After the cruise, we plan to visit wdw for three days. We will be staying on property. Should I rent a car and forget other options, or is there another option. I know we could use ME for resort to mco upon departure, but can I purchase disneyl transport for mco to the port and then the port to the resort? :confused3

last year we rented a car. We went from MCO to WDW for 4 days, WDW to DCL, DCL to Universal , Universal to MCO. It seemed much easier to rent a car then to try to arrange transportation for all our stops. We rented a full size car through National for $175 for 10 days. (we actually were able to take a minivan for that rate since there were no full size cars available when we for there) The parking at the port was $10 per day, but now it has gone up to $12.

You could arrange for DCL transport from MCO to the port (it is about $59 pp round trip) I don't know about getting DCL transport from the port to the resort though :confused3

You could also use a transportation company if you don't want to rent, although that is a much more pricey option.

We fly in the day before our cruise, rent a car (from Budget), have lunch at Olivia's, do some shopping and then drive to the port. We have stayed at the Radisson before both our cruises.
The next morning we had breakfast at the Radisson (early) returned the car to Budget and took their shuttle to the port. It was easy and no hassles. This past January we were dropped off before the gates opened. There were still some disembarking passengers waiting for transport. Our shuttle driver picked some folks up when he dropped us off. We had about a 30 minute wait until they opened the terminal. We talked with other early birds and tried to keep warm-it was 37 degrees that morning and breezy!
We took the bus back to the airport at the end of our cruise. It wa so convenient-check the bags at the bus and off to MCO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter