Transportation problems...ideas?

CACruiser

Mouseketeer
I know there will be some wonderfully experienced person that can help me sort my thoughts out.

We are doing the 7day cruise. We planned to just take the DCL shuttle to and from the airport. But, we realized that we could stay a few extra days at WDW AFTER the cruise and go to our favorite place, Epcot.

According to my tickets, the shuttle does NOT stop at ALL the properties at the WDW resort. Our resort is the military resort, Shades of Green, which is near Grand Floridian.

Hubby is under the impression that if we are not on the "official" list of resort stops, we HAVE to go back to the airport and either get a taxi or rent a car. I got the transfers just so we wouldnt have to drive!!!

So, what are our options?

Is there another shuttle service that is comparable to the DCL transfers that can get us from the airport and then take us to WDW when we get back in port?

I am SO confused!!!!
Thanks,
LisaCA

Is it just you and hubby or are you taking kids??? For us (a family of 5) it was MUCH cheaper to get our own transportation to/from WDW-Port than it was to use the DCL transfers. You can do a little homework on car services and see if it works out cheaper and get a free quote from them to see how much it works out to be. We are taking a Limo (splurge) from Port Orleans Riverside to the ship and then a Limo from the ship back to the airport and it's 250 total plus tip. That includes a booster seat for my 5 year old. For us just to get the DCL Transfers would have been almost as much and we would have to go when/where they say. I do think if you get their transfers you would just have to go to Grand Floridian and then get your way to the hotel from there but I'm pretty sure they wouldnt not let you ride just because you arent staying at that hotel. I could be wrong but I would doubt they wouldnt let you use their transfer service I just doubt they would drop you off at the hotel you are staying at.

I would get some quotes from a transportation company and see how they compare.

Heidi

Go to the Beach Club resort take boat over to the MGM
catch the bus there to SOG.....

I think Disney will drop u at the SOG

call DCl and check.....

Also since u probably will not be able to check in u could check your lauggage there and just go to the park ....

we had the best thing happen to us 3 weeks ago when we were at the world...

we went to the Poly for dinner at Ohana's 6 of us
we had an 8 pm seating time .. when we got done with dinner at about 9;30pm was dreading the ride to Downtown Disney so we could catch a bus back to the wilderness lodge.. we had 3 children with us and they where very tired.... so i asked the man at the bell services desk to call us a cab ....

Moments later a Mickey Van showed up... we all piled in as I was talking to the driver, I found out it was not a cab but a courtesy shuttle owned by the Poly... and there was no charge for the service driver was awesome and very nice... tipped him a $20.00
I was so excited..............

I think SOG is actually closer to the Polynesian than GF. When I have stayed at SOG, I have always driven over to the Poly to take the monorail to the parks and it is very close. But in terms of transportation from the Port to Disney, a private service might be in your best interest. I have never used one, but read these boards for all sorts of info.

First, you can cancel your DCL transfers if you decide that you're not using them. Secondly, if there are at least 3 of you, it will be cheaper to take a private limo service. There is a discount coupon available at www.castawayclub.com.

We stayed at Old Key West, which is NOT a cruise hotel. It was no problem. The bell staff transported us in their vehicle to the Port Orleans, which was the nearest "cruise" hotel. This was arranged ahead of time.

No, you do not have to go back to the airport and then catch other transportation. Worst case, you get the DCL bus to the Poly and have their bellman take you to SOG.

I KNEW someone would have a good idea!

I am going to check with WSW ressies/info to check if a ride over to the SOG is possible. I want to get that out of the way BEFORE I go!

If not, I do like the idea of doing Happy Limo or Towncar?

LisaCA

I think that , they r going to most resorts.. they kind of group u on a bus and go from there... we got dropped at Boardwalk....
not sure if it was part of route but that is what they sold us the ticket for.....and we got dropped there

how many in group if there r 3 or more u maybe better off with Towncar service...

On our first cruise we were returning to a resort "not on the list" our bus driver told us that if we would like to stay on the bus after he made stop at the resort he was "assigned to" he would take us to our resort. He did and it worked great. What we thought would be a problem wasn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter