Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Is the Mears shuttle from your hotel to Universal a bus or a large minivan? We will be traveling with a 2 year old and using ME so we don't need a carseat to get from the airport to the hotel.

If the Mears shuttle is a bus than we don't need the carseat either but if it is a minivan than I think we would end up renting a car instead so that we could rent a carseat or just bring one from home.

I was trying to get away with not having to bring a carseat at all.

Thanks,
Andrea

Has anyone used Tiffany Town Car to get from Disney resort to Universal? I was looking around and pricing, and they charge $90 for 1-7 people (we have 6) from any disney resort roundtrip. i'm just curious how reliable they are and if you set the times, etc. They said you call 1 hr prior to wanting to return to the hotel. thanks for any info!

The taxi way just seems so much simpler!. Mears we did a few years back and it was such a hassel to arrang pick up. I was depating again weather to use Meares or the taxi this sept for our HHN day. Saving about 40 would be great!, but not at the cost of wondering where there at?. My worrie was getting mears after midnight but I seen they do apperntly pick up untill 2am. I know after midnight I will be so tired I could not see my self standing out there for very long before we bag it and taxi it.

Is the Mears shuttle from your hotel to Universal a bus or a large minivan? We will be traveling with a 2 year old and using ME so we don't need a carseat to get from the airport to the hotel.

If the Mears shuttle is a bus than we don't need the carseat either but if it is a minivan than I think we would end up renting a car instead so that we could rent a carseat or just bring one from home.

I was trying to get away with not having to bring a carseat at all.

Thanks,
Andrea
Ours was a large van (not minivan). I think there was a 4 person row in the back, two 3 people rows, and one person riding shotgun. Not many people wore seatbelts, so I guess it would be up to you if you wanted to do it or not.

You could call Mears and ask if they offer car seats. Who knows, they just might. :confused3

The taxi way just seems so much simpler!. Mears we did a few years back and it was such a hassel to arrang pick up. I was depating again weather to use Meares or the taxi this sept for our HHN day. Saving about 40 would be great!, but not at the cost of wondering where there at?. My worrie was getting mears after midnight but I seen they do apperntly pick up untill 2am. I know after midnight I will be so tired I could not see my self standing out there for very long before we bag it and taxi it.

We didn't have to wait at all. I called when we were back at Harry Potter. We did the castle tour (not the ride, so no wait), then walked to the pick-up area. When we got there our shuttle was pulling up. It worked out great for us.

Stay at WDW in May plan on going to IOA/US for two days park to park. Are there any multiday tranportaion discounts. Have 4 people so Mears would be $72.00 per day. Saw DU deal for $115 for one day park to park with shuttle, do they have a two day package?

I have three questions:

1) Is it possible to split the roundtrip in two trips?
We like to take the Shuttle for one day in the morning and do the return trip a day later in the evening!

2) Will the shuttle run long enough in the evening?
We will do the Halloween Horror Nights, and won't be out of the park until 1am?!

3) Is the Taxi Fare entimator on the Maers website including the tax?

were going to universal studios from disney pop century resort. we both dont have drivers license so renting car is out of the question and mears and taxi are both to expensive. we are planning to use the LYNX transportation can some one please tell me which buses and transfers i have to take to get to universal from pop century resort and is it the same buses and transfer on the way back from universal. thanks alot

were going to universal studios from disney pop century resort. we both dont have drivers license so renting car is out of the question and mears and taxi are both to expensive. we are planning to use the LYNX transportation can some one please tell me which buses and transfers i have to take to get to universal from pop century resort and is it the same buses and transfer on the way back from universal. thanks alot

Lynx transportation will take you 1 1/2 to 2 hours each way. May be worth the money to try a more direct means of transportation.

Do you already have your Universal tickets? If not, the Dreams Unlimited package would be the way to go. The tickets cost the same and you get a free Mears roundtrip transfer. :thumbsup2

Lynx transportation will take you 1 1/2 to 2 hours each way. May be worth the money to try a more direct means of transportation.

yea we already knew its going to take up to 2 hours to get there but were fine with that. do you by any chance know which buses we have to take??

Do you already have your Universal tickets? If not, the Dreams Unlimited package would be the way to go. The tickets cost the same and you get a free Mears roundtrip transfer. :thumbsup2

we were also looking into this package but we need 2 full days, 1 for each of the parks is there any way to upgrade to 2 full days? and how much extra would that cost also wont be needing the park hoppers if that matters.

yea we already knew its going to take up to 2 hours to get there but were fine with that. do you by any chance know which buses we have to take??

Here you can find some good advices :)

Trapvisor Lynx Buses

we were also looking into this package but we need 2 full days, 1 for each of the parks is there any way to upgrade to 2 full days? and how much extra would that cost also wont be needing the park hoppers if that matters.

I'm interested in THIS too!

We think about it similar, but you have to ride so early to Universal, that no Disney Bus is running to Downtown or the TTC! :confused3

You don't have to leave that early.

You do have a couple of options though

1- Get the Magic Kingdom bus then the monorail straight to the ttc or the poly and walk to the TTC.
2- Get a cab to DTD or TTC depending on where you are staying

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter