Transportation options from Disney Cruise to Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by billwald, Jan 5, 2010.

1. billwald

billwald Mouseketeer DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I am looking for transportation options from the Disney Cruise terminal to Disney's Vero Beach Resort. Is renting a car the only way?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

That or a towncar service...and you'll probably want a way to get some groceries if you're staying there long.

4. ppiew

ppiew DIS Veteran

depending on how many people!!! we are actually doing the reverse - VB to the port and are taking a limo - but ther are 11 of us. seemed to make more sense for our situation. it is about 1 1/2 hr drive.

5. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

We loved Vero!!! When we went we rented a car from Delray to Vero.

MJ

6. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

That is our plan for our cruise in Nov- stay at Vero to decompress before heading home. Aaahhhhh...it's so relaxing there! (And we'll be renting a car. It's an easy drive)

7. billwald

billwald Mouseketeer DIS Lifetime Sponsor

There are just the two of us, but I am traveling with my scooter, and will need something bigger than a Town Car.

What company are you using?

8. Bethshaya

Bethshaya Mouseketeer

Slight thread drift, but I just had an "ah hah" moment reading your post!

I am a DVC member and we were looking for a place to stay the night before our cruise and really didn't want to stay at Disney because then we'd want to go into the park, even for a "quick dip" and that would cost too much for a one day ticket that we wouldn't be able to use until we arrive late afternoon and into the evening.

I never even thought about Vero Beach! We've never been there and that would be perfect. Do they run the DCL transfer from Vero to the Port like they do for WDW Resorts?