Transportation Options for Family of Eight ??

Mr. Buzz Light Beer

Earning My Ears
I am coming down to WDW on 11/13 till 11/20. I am looking for transportation round trip to All Star Movies from the airport. We will also be using it to go to Universal and a little travel to downtown Disney. Here is my delema. The hotel transfers are $28 per person, which isn't that bad but I have a 7:40 p.m. flight out on the 20th but the transfer shuttle leaves the hotel at about 2:30. I booked a late flight so I could get a good last day at the park. Plus sitting around the airport with two kids for four hours will be a nightmare. My other option is to rent a van. But can a van that seats eight people (Rental vans are either 8 seater or 12) fit all our luggage? I know it depends on how much we bring so lets say one bag per person. An eight seater van is about $425 but a 12 seater is about $675. Has anybody had this problem to deal with? Does anybody have any rental company deals they could share? I noticed a few on the board. I do have AmEx. Please let me know. Thanks

Try YourRide! We used them to transport our party of 12 last month. For us, we had a large van plus a U-Haul for the luggage. But, with 8 you probably could squeeze the lugguge in. They charge $80 round trip for the whole group from airport to hotel and back! Then your other trips would be additonal - they could price them out for you.

Thanks for your help and a quick response Jenn and Bigdumbdog. I just booked "Yourride" for my transportation to and from the airport and will most likely use them for a day trip to Universal. They were very helpful I will let you know how things work out. :cool:

We have a grp of 16 flying in Dec. Thought about renting vans, but it seemed very expensive and not worth the hassle w/ 7 kids, luggage, strollers, etc. We got several quotes, but from the good feedback on this brd have decided to use 'yourride' who gave
us a very reasonable price.

Try Budget for a full size van. We rented one last year, and it seems to me it was $200-$300 dollars for a week. I think it was a 12 passenger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter