Transportation from MCO

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by poohgirl100, Feb 27, 2009.

1. poohgirl100

poohgirl100 Earning My Ears

Hi,

Normally my husband and I rent a car when we travel down to Disney. However the cost of renting a car is getting ridiculous. Outside of using Magical Express, what other options do I have from MCO to OKW? Anybody use another form of transportation?

As always, your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

What's wrong with ME? That's the cheapest transportation available.

4. Buckeye Fan

Buckeye Fan DIS Veteran

We have taken a taxi before. For the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) one way, it was $60 with tip included. That was a few years ago, though. Every other time, we've used ME.

5. jeasova

jeasova Earning My Ears

I searched for weeks to find an inexpensive car rental for April 3-10th. The cost for a midsize was over $900.00. After talking to Hertz, I found that if you do not pick up or return the car to an airport I could get the same midsize for $347.08. This is due to the airport fees and taxes that are not added on. So we are taking the ME to our resort, then we are supposed to call the Hertz dealer one hour before we want them to pick us up to take us to their rental counter just at the entrance to Disney World. They will also take you back to your resort on the day you return the car so you can then grab the ME and save hundreds. I booked this way.

We are actually driving down to stay in Ft. Lauderdale then to catch a cruise so I am returning my car to the Harborbeach Marriott Hertz rental counter, then grabbing a cab to the pier. Thus avoiding all Florida airports and all those fees.

6. quentina

quentina <font color=deeppink>The bridge has been built and

Did you priceline?

We always use and usually get a mini van for $22 bucks....I wait until 2-3 days prior to leaving.

In another post it was said that they got good rates way in advance also.

7. Nanajo1

Nanajo1 DIS Veteran

We only rent a car for a 24 hour period to visit relatives. We rented from Alamo right at the Swan. Another time DH was picked up at HH at OKW by a complimentary van,taken to MK car care station to pick up the car. The return service was as easy.

8. locodemickey

locodemickey DIS Veteran

What time of year was this? We are going in July and would love that rate! We also need a minivan.

9. quentina

quentina <font color=deeppink>The bridge has been built and

All times.....just did it the first week of Febuary, last October, May...whenever.

I always book and have a back up incase priceline doesn't come through for me however, I have never had it happen.

Budget is a good cheap one to book with it, they I PL and cancel original if I get my price.

10. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Your options are....
    1. DME
    2. taxi...about $50 or so one way
    3. towncar service...about $60 one way/100 r/t
    4. Mears shuttle bus...$19 one way/$36 r/t pp(but you may be put on a DME bus because the Mears shuttle buses don't run to WDW owned resorts)
    5. rental car

11. minimi.4214

minimi.4214 Earning My Ears

you really need to check out priceline.com