Transport Question

LesleyP

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to figure out the best way to get from my hotel in Santa Monica to my hotel at Disneyland and I need some advice!

My options are:

Take a cab, approx $60 plus tip

Hire a town car, which I think would cost about $60 + tip as well

Catch the supershuttle to LAX then the Disneyland Express to Anaheim, approx $35 + tip but possibly rather time consuming

Catch the Lux bus from hotel to hotel, cost $32 + tip. It only leaves at 7:30am or 3:30pm. So if I caught the 7:30 bus, I could leave my suitcase at the Marriot and spend all day out and about at Disneyland, which wasn't exactly in the plan but I think I could cope! ;) I would have to buy a single day pass to Disneyland as I only have a 5 day hopper pass, so that'd be an extra $72.

There are other options such as Amtrack but they would be more time consuming and difficult with luggage.

I'm leaning towards the Lux bus thing but I'm just not sure as it would end up being the most expensive option. Any suggestions?

Thats an idea! I didn't even think of that. Upgrading would only cost $5 to do which is much more affordable! Yay! 6 days at Disneyland! :banana:

Looks like the Lux bus would be the cheapest and fastest option then.

thanks!

Lesley I think you may find the Cab fare would be an awful lot more than $60.00 - I'd be looking at double that at least.

Lesley I think you may find the Cab fare would be an awful lot more than $60.00 - I'd be looking at double that at least.

I agree with Rossip. Last time we took a town car from LAX to DL and it cost us $60 + tip. Don't ask me why I did it but I am sure I had a greta reason for it but I took a taxi abck to LAX and it was $120+.

I've definitely ruled out catching a cab. I used World Taxi Meter and it came up with $60 but I knew that would just be minimum price.

I've pretty much decided on Lux Bus transfer, and the extra day at Disneyland. $5 for a day at Disneyland, such a bargain!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!