Transferring points ?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by sanddune, Feb 25, 2003.

1. sanddune

sanddune DIS Veteran

I have 6 pts that are barrowed to this use yaer. How do I let my sister use the left over points? Help !

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Happy Birthday Cat

Happy Birthday Cat <font color=teal>Wonders if the <font color=deeppi

You can't tranfer borrowed points. How about having your sister tranfer enough points to you to add to your six so that you can reserve a room for her for one night? Then she can make the reservation after that first night with her remaining points.

HBC

4. sanddune

sanddune DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Cat , Thank you for a fast answer! This is the first time I've had to loose points.:(

5. ToyStory Fan

ToyStory Fan Space Ranger

What's really odd about the points transfer, is that even though you can't transfer borrowed/banked points, you CAN bank (and I think borrow) transferred points.

6. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

True but it's a recent development and all the written rules say you can't bank or borrow transferred points.

7. Caskbill

Caskbill <font color="blue">DVC-Operations<br>DVC-Planning< Moderator

Did you cancel a reservation? The only way you can borrow points is to make a reservation.

Do you have any other reservations still standing which are using some current year points and not borrowed points. If so then you can have MS reallocate the 6 borrowed points to that reservation and free up 6 regular points which you then could bank or transfer to your sister.

Don't know your actual circumstances. Is this a possibility?