Transatlantic & Med 2007 BLOGs and TRIP REPORTs and other Important FAQ

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by CRSNDSNY, Oct 9, 2008.

1. travelbug24

travelbug24 Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverag

:thumbsup2
    I'll check out the cruise critic board too.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mrosen

mrosen Mouseketeer

Looks like you did a Disney Mediterranean Cruise in 2007. Do you recall what the range of prices were for the Shore Excursions? We are considering booking in April 2010 an 11 night Mediterranean Cruise. None of the shore excursion packages are available and Disney doesn't have any price ranges to give me. We are a family of 4 (2 kids 11 and 9) and I don't know what we might end up spending in added costs doing things in port and what to assume so looking for any experience you had.

4. mkmommy

mkmommy DIS Veteran

Go to another cruise lines web site that does similar cruises and look at cost of their excursions to get a general idea. Royal Caribbean's web site is pretty easy to check out.

5. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

No, I have never been across the Atlantic but there are links to the DCL excursions that were offered in 2007 in the DIS DCL FAQ thread under EXCURSION REVIEWS. Some of the ports have been switched around for 2010 but if you look at both the TA & Med excursions you will be able to get most of what was offered back then and a good idea of what to expect this time.

6. mrosen

mrosen Mouseketeer

Thanks so much......

7. pixie08

pixie08 DIS Veteran

Very handy info...thanks for sharing. I am making my own port guides using the info.

8. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

FYI for those of you who are thinking about doing private excursions. Many of the private driver/guide companies offer a discounted rate if you book more than one port with them.

We are using Rome in Limo this summer for 3 of our ports (Pisa/Florence, Rome and Pompeii/Amalfi Coast) and they offered a discounted rate for booking all 3. Most of the other private groups do the same. Much less expensive for our party of 9 than the cruiseline excursions, we get to set our own itinerary and avoid the big bus experience.

9. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

Andrew's very useful list of links for the 2007 med cruise is fantastic!! But I thought that it might be time to update it a little so its a bit more relevant to the 2010 cruises and some of the 2011 cruise. In particular, I've got a few more links for Malta, Tunis and private transfers for Barcelona. We're on the first 2010 med cruise and our "research" might be handy for others down the line.

Here's the info.
    Barcelona private transfers
    http://www.barcelona-airport-transfers.com/
    http://www.a2btransfers.com/

Malta
    http://www.touringmalta.com/

La Spezia - specifically for cinque terre and for a guided walking tour. ie somone picks you up from port, train/ferry to the towns and taken back to ship. The first 2 are local companies based in 5T itself.
    Agenzia Viaggi del Parco Nazionale delle 5 Terre– Official Tourist Office of Cinque Terre National Park-
    http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/agenziaviaggi_catalogo09_2.asp?id_lingue=2
    http://www.arbaspaa.com/
    www.bellavitaitalia.com

Tunis
    www.experienceittours.com
    http://www.tunisiadiscoveries.com/

10. marlower

marlower DIS Veteran

shushh, thanks so much for this information!!! I'm getting so excited. I had to get through Christmas first before I could really focus on our Med. cruise in May!!

11. yorkshire disney fan

yorkshire disney fan Earning My Ears

I cant wait for this years EBTA :)

12. chisley

chisley Earning My Ears

one of the great things about the transatlantic cruise is that the price is great!!! Also the ship is not full -there were only 300 children instead of 1200 on the May 2011 cruise... I also see the same people on all the longer cruises (transatlantic, panama canal - and plan on seeing them on Hawaii) The disney ships feels like a family - same staff and cruisers... I have cruised all lines but Disney is my favorite...

13. laurenbasso

laurenbasso Earning My Ears

14. XebainSotau

XebainSotau Earning My Ears

Okay, yeah, I am a little late here, so nearly 6 years later, here we go.

First off, LOVE LOVE LOVE that trip. We now have 13 cruises under our belt and few equal that trip!

I am too new to get links in here but of you do a google search for the following phrase you can see our trip at the top of the results:

Tigger Travels Trans-Atlantic Disney Cruise on the Magic May 2007

15. vulkan2

vulkan2 Earning My Ears

We just came back from a Disney Cruise in the Mediterranean (July 25 to August 6, Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Malta). The trip itself was awesome (food, entertainment, service, excursions, etc.) but we hade the nasty visit of bed bugs. I got more than 100 bites; my wife nearly a hundred. The first day I got a few (in the middle of the cruise) I thought they may have been mosquito bites while onshore. The second day I got dozens of bites. I got an allergic reaction too. When I reported the incident the staff did find bedbugs. They did on the same day change us to a better room and offered medical treatment. However, their only compensation was 150 US$ per person. After we moved to the new room no one ever asked us how we were doing.

The room next to ours had also bed bugs. The people there were also moved.