Tram Question

SD33

Mouseketeer
How early do we need to get to the Mickey and Friends Tram in order to be at the Disneyland Main Gate 30 minutes before park opening? This will be our first time using the tram and we have no idea what to expect as far as crowds go. Also, what time does the tram start operating each morning?

I have not ridden a tram in decades but I know you can walk from M&F to the Main Gate to be in better control. I would allow 30 minutes with kids. It looks like it's about 0.6 mile from the trams to the front gates.

Be at the parking garage within a few minutes of opening. The lines to pay can be long and the line of cars to park moves slow because they control the flow of cars. It will depend somewhat on which levels the open first. The actual tram wait is usually 5-10 tops, but can be longer if you need to wait to load a stroller. If the structure opens 1 hr before park opening the whole process of parking, getting to the tram, loading and bag check can easily take 20-30 minutes on a crowded day.

The parking garage will open 30 minutes before EMH starts. I would suggest getting to Mickey and Friends by 6:30 or 6:45 for a normal opening at 8AM/EMH at 7AM. The trams start running about 5 minutes after the lot opens and even if they are full, there's usually 2 or 3 waiting behind the full one first thing in the morning. If you're there that early, you may end up there earlier than you want to be, but better to be earlier than later, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter