1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Trailer - Planes 2 coming to theaters everywhere July 2014

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Rumors Rocks, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Rumors Rocks

Rumors Rocks Mouseketeer

Dane Cook Back as Dusty in Disney's 'Planes: Fire & Rescue' Teaser http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/dane-cook-back-as-dusty-in-disneys-planes-fire-rescue-teaser/

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT8D605T8eA

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mvk

mvk Mouseketeer

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."

- Walt Disney

Was the first movie Oscar worthy? No, but it entertained, kids loved it, and the movie did pretty well for a non-blockbuster type movie. Not all movies have to be award winners, and this was clearly 3rd on the list of animated movies for Disney this year, behind Monsters University and Frozen.

I don't understand why people get so up in arms about whether it should've been direct to DVD or not... if you don't want to see it, don't go see it. If you want to watch it on DVD, wait until it comes out on DVD. Obviously enough people wanted to see it in theaters to justify releasing it on the big screen. It was a $50M movie that has made over $200M in box office. Seems like it was a pretty good decision to me, and a good thing that Disney 'took their chances with the public.'

4. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Sweet! :)

5. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Still haven't seen the first one. Always had plans to, but never got to the theatre. We'll see it when it comes to video and then decide on if Planes 2 is a go see or wait again.

Heard it had great reviews from families with young ones. It made money so I can see why they are making another one.

6. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

I agree people go crazy about how Disney should've just never done anything with this movie and it's a stupid franchise to continue off of cars. No one is forcing you to see it , it's main goal is to go after the kids. When I was young I loved car and trucks shows those were the best things on TV this is doing the same thing. Disney has also already said there will be more to come out of this franchise so soon I would expect to hear something about boats, trains etc.

7. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

Can't wait for the next one!. Not one person or family we know had anything but good things to say about the 1st one!:thumbsup2

Walt and Disney has been proving the critics wrong for years:lmao::lmao::lmao: and this great little movie has been just the latest proof!

Even with all the bad press before it even opened, this movie is still out in theaters, #25 and grossed $90,000,000.:thumbsup2

AKK

8. mvk

mvk Mouseketeer

It has grossed over $200M worldwide.

9. JoWiJo

JoWiJo Longing to go back

If there is a "dollar" movie theater near you, check their schedule. It came to the cheap theater near me this week.

I saw it yesterday, myself. I came in as last minute of credits from the previous show was rolling. The announcement of the sequel was at the end of the credits, so it was clearly already in production when the first movie was released.

10. mvk

mvk Mouseketeer

That must've been something they added, because it wasn't in the original release when we took the kids to see it mid August.

11. Tonka's Skipper

You are correct, I should have been more clear. I quoted the US market.

AKK

12. Hoodie

Hoodie <font color=purple>Going to BC and GF with one wee

Still haven't seen it. Tried to take the kids and they lasted about 40 minutes. Bored them out of their skulls. They LOVE Cars. Planes, eh, not so much.

13. DisGirl819

DisGirl819 <font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali

Oh if this is true how exciting! My son is over the moon for Dusty Crophopper! He loves Planes. I thought it was cute and great for younger kids.

14. Twin Dad

Twin Dad DIS Dad #704

The kids enjoyed Planes and will be looking forward to the next one.

15. Fantaluminishes

Fantaluminishes To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

"I've never believed in doing sequels. I didn't want to waste the time I have doing a sequel; I'd rather be using that time doing something new and different. - WALT DISNEY

Enough said

16. Tonka's Skipper

You are very correct, that was his opinion on most things!

There were exceptions, Like Davy Crocket, which started as a 2 part, Wonderful World of Color feature and ended up with 5 parts and later put together to make a movie, released to theaters.

If its good and its making money..............go with the flow!

AKK

17. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~QFT. :lmao: That was really good, I wonder how Walt would feel about five Pirates of the Caribbean sequels!

~Anyway, kids are just fascinated with planes, in general. The last kids movie we saw was Wreck It Ralph and I really enjoyed that. My little commando's showed no interest in Despicable Me 2, Monsters U, Epic, The Croods, and Turbo. I was so happy. But, Disney's Planes proved to be too irresistible for them -- to my dismay, of course. LOL.

~I wasn't joking when I said DHS may get Planes land. We'll see.
    :goodvibes

18. Rumors Rocks

Rumors Rocks Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2

19. mvk

mvk Mouseketeer

There was also The Absent Minded Professor and it's sequel, Son of Flubber.

It was also a much different time, when Disney was releasing 1 feature animated film about every 2 years, instead of 3 or more per year.

Snow White 37
    Pinnochio 40
    Fantasia 40 (not a feature animated film, but will count here as it is a classic)
    Dumbo 41
    Bambi 42
    Cinderella 50
    Alice 51
    Peter Pan 53
    Lady & Tramp 55
    Sleeping Beauty 59
    101 Dalmations 61
    Sword & The Stone 63

That is 12 animated features in 26 years, though you can discount a few of those years as WWII lean years when not much was going on.

They've had 12 major animated pictures in just the past 5 years (some did very well, some did just okay) -

Planes
    Monsters U.
    Wreck It Ralph
    Brave
    Winnie the Pooh
    Cars 2
    Mars Needs Moms
    Tangled
    Toy Story 3
    The Princess and the Frog
    Up
    Bolt

You can comb through the Disney animated films the past 26 years (including Pixar since 2006) and find at least 12 that are about on par with those original 12.

Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Alladin, Lion King, Pocahontas, Mulan, Ratatouille, Up, Princess & the Frog, Toy Story 3, Tangled, Brave, Wreck It Ralph are 12 off top of my head.

I'd put Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Lion King, and Toy Story 3 up there with any movie ever made by Disney. Tangled is up there with any Princess movie other than maybe Snow White and Cinderella, though Snow White gets extra credit for being first.

They are producing tons more content than they were in the 40's, 50's, 60's. If Walt was putting out 15 movies or so every 3 years instead of 2, I'm sure his feelings on sequels would've changed. It's a much different time as well, as sequels weren't all that popular in that time, as movies itself were relatively new.

20. Tonka's Skipper

I totally agree!:thumbsup2

21. mickey&minnie04

mickey&minnie04 DIS Veteran

Same here! I took my 7 year old niece and she asked if we could leave because it was boring! I didn't care for it either, and I'm a dedicated Disney lover!!