Trading Pins on a BUDGET!?

knation5

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney in a month and I would like to get some pins for the kids to trade. I really think they would enjoy it and are at a good age. (12, 9, 6) Where is the absolute CHEAPEST place to get trader pins? I really don't care what they look like cause the fun of it will be trading them anyway!

Several years ago when we went to Disney I found some pins at one of the outlet stores for $1/each. Are there any deals like that around still?

Thanks!
Kayla

I love those $1 pin deals. Unfortunately there haven't been any for awhile.

Check out pinscheap auctions on ebay he sells pins for $1.99 each and you can buy whatever quantity you need.

Disneyshopping.com has a semi-annual pin sale. I'm not sure when the next sale is or if it'll be before your trip, but the prices are usually good. You can usually get pin sets at a discount that'll come to around $3.00/pin.

Does anyone know when to expect the next big pin sale?

before our last trip i bought a slew of pins on ebay for trading. unfortunately they didn't arrive before we left! we went to the character premiere in orlando and were able to buy some for $2- $2.50 each. at the parks we found the pins that look like bobble heads (they come in baby pooh, baby mickey etc.) and if you found a store that had the set of 7 pins in a box they came out to about $3.00 each. they are much nicer then the cheap traders i ended up getting from ebay.
have fun pin trading, our entire family is HOOKED!

I bought a set of 7 for $21 from Disneyshopping two years ago. I checked e-bay too. Good luck, pin trading for kids is addictive!

I get ours from ebay. But, I refuse to pay more than $2 per pin, shipping included. Because of this it sometimes takes me a while to win an auction. I get overbid often, but that's just the way it goes. I don't care if I get some duplicates since the kids are going to trade them anyway.

Thanks for this info! We went to Disney last month and my girls were trading pins my MIL paid $8 or more for!! I was having a heart attack! I will keep my eye out for some trader pins for our next trip.

before our last trip i bought a slew of pins on ebay for trading. unfortunately they didn't arrive before we left! we went to the character premiere in orlando and were able to buy some for $2- $2.50 each. at the parks we found the pins that look like bobble heads (they come in baby pooh, baby mickey etc.) and if you found a store that had the set of 7 pins in a box they came out to about $3.00 each. they are much nicer then the cheap traders i ended up getting from ebay.
have fun pin trading, our entire family is HOOKED!

This is true, and I have to say almost every CM's laynard wall full of them by the end of the day. So if you buy them they might be hard to trade. I personally buy at Disney Shopping for a great sale or through 1 very repetuable seller on ebay...I spend 3.25-3.50 a pin if it you really really cheap pins, I know I wouldn't want to trade for them. IMO!!!;) Buy what you would want to trade for.

Go to your Disneystore. They have pins on clearance right now. Look for the holiday, snow white, and ariel multi-pin sets on cards. They should work out to be $1-2 per pin; they're nice, small, and light, which the CMs appreciate!

At Character Premier in December they had a HCOE tin with a light-up lanyard and 10 HCOE pins for $25, another great deal.

Ebay is a good, but tricky source.

I got a good deal from this ebay seller: james_n_gv_sc. I emailed him and he sold me 100 pins without the auction.

Since we don't have a Disney store in town anymore, I use disneyshopping.com for traders for my kids. I know what I get from them will be tradable, which isn't always as clear with the pins on eBay, esp. if you're not very familiar with pins.

Right now that are some pin sets on disneyshopping that are $26.95 for six pins, which works out to $4.50 each. There is a 10% off code, DISNEY2006, that brings the price down to a little over $4 a piece, and there is a code for free shipping over $80, SHIP80 (haven't checked to see if you can stack them). Sometimes the pin sets go on sale, and/or you can sometimes find % off codes that are greater than 10%, so you might be able to get pins from disneyshopping for $2-3.50 each (in sets). Also, every Monday they have free shipping on select pins--sometimes this includes the sets, and sometimes it doesn't.

If you have a Disney store, I think that would be the best place to start, but if not, I'd recommend disneyshopping.

>>They should work out to be $1-2 per pin; they're nice, small, and light, which the CMs appreciate!<<

Some are not bad- the mini mini pins (like the dwarf sets or the ariel sets) are complete junk as no one will ever trade for them, and they make lanyards looks like crap as the backs are bigger than the fronts. Any CM who said they appreciated them needs to be shot IMO

My rule of thumb is always trade a pin I would want to trade for. I pay roughly about 2.25-2.50 a pin after shipping and I never get sedesma, propins or Mini pins (or scrappers for that matter) I stock up at Disneyshopping with their sales and cruise other sites such as dizpins.com.

IMO you give what you get on lanyards now days. its very very rare to find decent pins to trade for as everyone stocks up on the crap pins (propins, sedesma, disney store mini pins) and saturates lanyards.

-em

-em

"Some are not bad- the mini mini pins (like the dwarf sets or the ariel sets) are complete junk as no one will ever trade for them, and they make lanyards looks like crap as the backs are bigger than the fronts. "

I thought that cast members had to trade with kids for whatever. :confused3 (As long it is an official Disney pin.) When we went several years ago, we only traded with cast members because they were much nicer and approachable about the whole thing.

Kayla

Rule of thumb on ebay.
Only purchase "cast member lanyard pins"

Also, I second the Disney Store. Check out the "Collectors Forum Board" on the dis too. They have some great tips!

:thumbsup2

I thought that cast members had to trade with kids for whatever. :confused3 (As long it is an official Disney pin.) When we went several years ago, we only traded with cast members because they were much nicer and approachable about the whole thing.

Kayla

So is this not still the case? :confused3

Kayla

As long as a CM doesn't already have a pin on their lanyard and it is a Disney stamped pin, they have to trade anyone for it (not just kids.) If they are wearing a green lanyard then they can only trade with kids.

I refuse to buy any propins, sedesma or dancer/kodak/other mass produced pins for trading but that is just me. I did buy the map pins from Disney Shopping and used lots of those as traders. Most of them were very cute and they were easy for my boys to handle as opposed to some of the larger pins.

As for ebay sellers, I like to purchase pins from Harval1. He sells his pins for $2 each and they are pins that I am not embarassed to trade. There are sellers you can get lots of cast member lanyard pins from that are around $3 each. Those make for really good traders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter