Trading Pins from Ebay

This one?

DSCN0087.jpg

Thanks MountNittany, I am use to posting on the ebay threads where they use HTML so I figured it might be the same over here. Now I know better! Can you see how Mickey is outlined in gold? Several of the pins I know are legit (cause I bought them at WDW myself) are outlined like that so I am thinking this pin and the other are okay just maybe later editions of what is posted? I can post more pictures of the pins I received if anyone is interested in looking at them.

I would encourage anyone who bought from this seller (or her new ID pinsdirect) to file a claim through paypal. Then you should file a claim through ebay that you believe that the pins are counterfeit and why.

She has replied to my request for a refund and was totally rude. I responded as I should, however, being an HONEST powerseller myself. It disheartens me greatly that people like her are ruining the reputation of ebay for the rest of us honest powersellers.

Just a snippet from ebay about this:

Obligations when a buyer opens a claim alleging an item is counterfeit:

Sellers shall work with the buyer in good faith during the resolution process to provide buyer with appropriate documentation or other assurances to satisfy the buyer that the item is not counterfeit, if such information is available.

If buyer and seller cannot agree that the item is not counterfeit, for covered claims that meet the conditions and are not excluded, buyers are required to send the item back to the seller. Cost of return shipping will be paid by the buyer or eBay in our sole discretion, unless otherwise agreed upon by the buyer and seller.

Covered claims that meet the conditions and are not excluded will count as a violation by the seller of our prohibited and infringing items policy.

Sellers shall not list, advertise, or cause that item to appear for sale, barter or trade, on any eBay Inc. (including our subsidiaries, joint ventures, and other members of the group) web site or service located around the world.

While buyers are not obligated to provide third party confirmation that an item is counterfeit in order to open a claim, in cases where there is written confirmation from the manufacturer that the item is counterfeit, or in additional circumstances where eBay elects to exercise its discretion, eBay may request the destruction of the item by an authorized third party and at eBay’s expense.

I hope this helps someone else. When you file a claim through paypal, they will hold her funds. It is a good chance people will get their money back.

I would encourage anyone who bought from this seller (or her new ID pinsdirect) to file a claim through paypal. Then you should file a claim through ebay that you believe that the pins are counterfeit and why.

She has replied to my request for a refund and was totally rude. I responded as I should, however, being an HONEST powerseller myself. It disheartens me greatly that people like her are ruining the reputation of ebay for the rest of us honest powersellers.

Just a snippet from ebay about this:

Obligations when a buyer opens a claim alleging an item is counterfeit:

Sellers shall work with the buyer in good faith during the resolution process to provide buyer with appropriate documentation or other assurances to satisfy the buyer that the item is not counterfeit, if such information is available.

If buyer and seller cannot agree that the item is not counterfeit, for covered claims that meet the conditions and are not excluded, buyers are required to send the item back to the seller. Cost of return shipping will be paid by the buyer or eBay in our sole discretion, unless otherwise agreed upon by the buyer and seller.

Covered claims that meet the conditions and are not excluded will count as a violation by the seller of our prohibited and infringing items policy.

Sellers shall not list, advertise, or cause that item to appear for sale, barter or trade, on any eBay Inc. (including our subsidiaries, joint ventures, and other members of the group) web site or service located around the world.

While buyers are not obligated to provide third party confirmation that an item is counterfeit in order to open a claim, in cases where there is written confirmation from the manufacturer that the item is counterfeit, or in additional circumstances where eBay elects to exercise its discretion, eBay may request the destruction of the item by an authorized third party and at eBay’s expense.

I hope this helps someone else. When you file a claim through paypal, they will hold her funds. It is a good chance people will get their money back.
Thank you very much! I know that they are all counterfit. ;)

I have decided to just keep my pins, because my sister really likes 15 of them. I will just keep the remaining 5. I do encourage other people to file a claim though. She was very rude to me also. It's awful how many people are fooled by her. Look, 98% positive feedback.

Just a note about pins in photos - I know a lot of times things that are silver will appear black in pics. Where that becomes a problem is with things like eye pupils and such where they are SUPPOSED to be black but are actually silver (scrapper).

I agree 100% that scrappers have a strange odor. Kind of like oily/petrol/chemical. All of the scrappers we have received had the exact same smell to them.

Please who out there is not selling scrappers that do still have good deals? I am trying to get some pins for my family and my sister-in-laws family so we can trade in our up coming trip. We love to trade just for the fun of it. Money is real tight and I need about 70 pins just to start everyone out but can't afford a ton of money, any ideas?

Well all the pins I sell are Official and I am on eBay. They also have another post for Good/Bad Sellers I am not on there yet.But when you do see me I will be under Good:thumbsup2

Chris

I would love to add you to Good, Chris, but I cannot do it just because you posted on the Dis. As soon as somebody purchases from you, and verifies that you sell good pins, I will add you to the list. I have already purchased my traders for this year from other reliable sellers ;). Sorry

Just a note about pins in photos - I know a lot of times things that are silver will appear black in pics. Where that becomes a problem is with things like eye pupils and such where they are SUPPOSED to be black but are actually silver (scrapper).

I agree 100% that scrappers have a strange odor. Kind of like oily/petrol/chemical. All of the scrappers we have received had the exact same smell to them.

Exactly!!!!! That's what they smell like!! I hope Paypal is being better about counterfeits, the last 2 times I tried to file with them they denied my claims because I couldn't prove they were fakes. :rolleyes: Anyway, I haven't decided yet because my girls were saying they liked the Muppets w/ears so I may give them to them. And yes, as you said the silver does appear black in photos.

Carolina Girl, they do rerelease pins, I've thought I've had scrappers before and it turned out they were fine, they were just rereleased so don't write them off just yet, they could be legit. :)

Well all the pins I sell are Official and I am on eBay. They also have another post for Good/Bad Sellers I am not on there yet.But when you do see me I will be under Good:thumbsup2

Chris

I would love to add you to Good, Chris, but I cannot do it just because you posted on the Dis. As soon as somebody purchases from you, and verifies that you sell good pins, I will add you to the list. I have already purchased my traders for this year from other reliable sellers ;). Sorry

I completely understand I will just have to wait:)

fyi, I ordered from Chris last night and so far so good.....:) Chris is shipping to my HOTEL because we think there isn't enough time to get them to me at home before we head out next week. :) With the holiday we thought better safe than sorry. So far I'm very impressed with his willingness to work with me and shipping to a hotel. The pins will be delivered after I'm gone next week but when I get back there will be a full report. I fully expect we will be adding him to the good sellers list. :)

Oh BTW, I also ordered from gold and will report back when I get those. I won't get them until after our vacation I'm sure but I will report back. :)

I was thinking about ordering from Chris as well but was wondering if he would take requests. Not for a specific pin but for a specific character? Even if he doesn't I may just order one anyway. His prices are very reasonable.

Pixie you will be at Disney next weekend? We are going the 1th -18th but haven't decided what days we will be in Disney. As of now we are only planning two days there, one at WDW and one at HS. We are also doing Universal Studios for the first time and going to Sea World. I am trying to convince my DH we need to extend our stay so we can at least hit AK. When we went in April we visited all the parks and the only one he didn't really care for was Epcot. I think I might have him convinced to stay a few extra days though.

I was thinking about ordering from Chris as well but was wondering if he would take requests. Not for a specific pin but for a specific character? Even if he doesn't I may just order one anyway. His prices are very reasonable.

Pixie you will be at Disney next weekend? We are going the 1th -18th but haven't decided what days we will be in Disney. As of now we are only planning two days there, one at WDW and one at HS. We are also doing Universal Studios for the first time and going to Sea World. I am trying to convince my DH we need to extend our stay so we can at least hit AK. When we went in April we visited all the parks and the only one he didn't really care for was Epcot. I think I might have him convinced to stay a few extra days though.

I didn't make any requests for certain pins, I just bought 50 traders. PM him and ask, that's what I did. :) Yes, we leave next Wed and will be there the 8-12th, but we are going to DL not WDW. DL is 6 hours from home so we can just drive......we were there last weekend too! lol Yes, we are insanely addicted......

I just found another seller who states on their auction page "NO SCRAPPERS" so I put in a bid......I'll report back on them as well. The good thing about this is I'll have enough traders for at least 2 trips to DL. lol

I hope to one day visit DL, do they have only the one park or are their multiple parks there too? I know very little about that side of the United States. WDW is about a six - seven hour drive from our house. I am hoping that next year my whole family will be able to go...both brothers and families, my sister, and my Mom. I want to rent a house or condo. I think it would be so much fun!

2 parks, DL and CA Adventure. Wait until 2012, they are doing a lot of work in DCA right now and it's supposed to be done in 2012. There are houses for rent in the area or great hotels within walking distance. It's a lot smaller area so no need to ride busses to hop or to even stay on site, the parks are a walk of under 1 minute apart. lol It's very different!! I hope you're able to make it sometime, if you are ready to plan drop by the DL boards for ideas. :)

From mubunny:
IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

From gyantzpod:
IMG_0643.jpg

I have a question also...
Has anyone ever seen lettering like this on the back? They are both HKDL Pins. Does anyone have any HKDL pins? If so, could you please look at you pin and compare the lettering?
IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Oh my a new pin I have to hunt for. I love love love that Minnie dressed as Tinkerbell, have to have it. My husband is gonna kill me! Off to look for it.

So I checked the other sellers feedback a bit more (the one I mentioned that says NO SCRAPPERS) and it would appear that they are buying pins from other sellers and then selling them...I wish I'd realized that BEFORE I bid on 2 lots. Oh well, it's not that much that I will be out if they are bad. :( He does have a 30 day money back guarantee so that's good to know. One of the people he bought from was pinsdirect, another one was nanub.....both sellers I don't want anything to do with. :(

Well I took a chance and bid on a huge lot from a girl in Germany. They were all pictured and to me it looked like she was just getting rid of her collection (she didn't have any others listed and hasn't sold any in the past). I am hoping what I am getting is legit but there is no telling, she could have bought hers from scrappers in the past. Time will tell and if they aren't legit then I will file a SNAD and get my money back returning the pins. If they are legit then I got a heck of a deal because I paid less than a dollar a pin. I don't think they will get here before our trip but I can always trade them on future trips if not.

Pixiewings I hope you get good ones, if not I would return them and get my money back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter