TR: My 25th During Disneyland's 55th

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by cinderella-princess, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Docter419

Docter419 Your host, Ronnie Reagan!

After that we kinda just meandered around and caught a lovely light show in front of the pixie place!
    [​IMG]
    We all joked that we didn't need to see the world of color now because it was so good :rotfl2:
    After that it was closing, so we called it a night and picked up some late mickey D's for the room. I had chicken McNuggets, they were so good. We set and early alarm and went to bed with dreams of more disney in our heads :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TokyoDina

TokyoDina DIS Veteran

Oh no that sucks about the captain being lame! I'm sorry that happened! I hope the rest of your day wasn't ruined by it!

4. Docter419

Docter419 Your host, Ronnie Reagan!

Oh don't worry, it'd take alot more then that to ruin our day at d-land :)

5. tinksdreamwishes

tinksdreamwishes DIS Veteran

nie report! cant wait to read more! :thumbsup2

6. cinderella-princess

cinderella-princess Disney Bride

Day 2 dawned bright and early and we got up, ate some breakfast in the room and were ready to go around 7:30 for the 8am opening.

Here's a picture of Jason eating some breakfast
    [​IMG]
    We have a nice booze table! :lmao:

We got there and were only a few back in line.

[​IMG]

This is the only time you'll get a picture with nobody in front of the train station!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Jason and Linda in Main Street

[​IMG]
    Jason and Linda in front of the Partners statue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a few choice pictures we headed over to Nemo to see how long the line was. It was shockingly fast; almost a walk on!

[​IMG]

It was cuter then we remembered and I'm glad we hit it when we did because starting on Friday it was super crowded.

We then headed over to Fantasyland and got in line for Storybook Land. It wasn't too crowded and we had a fantastic captain. It was the best one I've heard!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This duck is so lazy! Not only is he laying down in the middle of the park but he is in the shade :rotfl:

[​IMG]
    It smelled like Jasmine and Huckleberry's :goodvibes

[​IMG]
    I never noticed that you can hear the dwarfs singing in the mine!

[​IMG]
    Linda and I swear that we've never seen the vines before! Are they new?

[​IMG]
    Casey Jr. passed overhead as we passed the giant's patchwork quilt

[​IMG]
    I love the mini Alps with the Matterhorn in the background

We then decided to get some Fast Passes for Indy for later in the day. Jason and I needed some more coffee so we got some at the coffee shop on Main Street. It was actually really good coffee! The hazelnut was delicious. The coffee you get at the stands is usually really strong and pretty gross. Coffee in hand we checked the wait time for Peter Pan. It was only 20 minutes long so we got in line.

These are from the window on the side of the BBB. I never noticed them before!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    All three of us squeezed into one pirate ship!

I think I've reached my photo limit so I'll continue the morning of day 2 in the next post

7. cinderella-princess

cinderella-princess Disney Bride

So we left off at Peter Pan...

After our 2 minute ride on Peter Pan (it always surprises me how long the wait for that ride is compared to how short the ride is!) we hit up some more dark rides. We did Alice, Snow White and Pinocchio. I believe we then went over to NOS and rode Haunted Mansion (Jason can't get enough of that ride!) and then shopped a little bit through the NOS area. On our way to NOS from Fantasyland we saw the turkey that had been pardoned for Thanksgiving. He was not happy to see us; he ruffled his feathers and made these loud screeching noises. Despite what the handler said ...I'm pretty sure he was pissed off, not showing off! :lmao:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We decided to ride the train back to Main Street and have some lunch and a rest in the room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Critter Country from the train

After a refreshing nap (even I slept!) and some snacks we headed over to DCA. We got fast passes for Soaring and then thought a ride on the GRR would wake us up! We were right...Linda got soaked and Jason and I just got wet.

Before...
    [​IMG]

After!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After getting soaked we needed a drink to forget about our wet socks. Where better to go then the Cove Bar?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They were testing submerging the middle area for WOC

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Speed boating on the lagoon!

[​IMG]
    I think they had a diver down there and the red ball marked his location. It kept moving like it was attached to someone swimming.

When we left the cove bar the Army Men were performing. For some reason Linda hates these guys! I think they creep her out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We headed back to Soaring and got in the Fastpass return line.

[​IMG]
    Linda is related to Chuck Yeager some how. I think it's her grandfathers, brothers son or something like that.

After Soaring (which is always great but I think we must be the most obnoxious people in there. We're always commenting "I've been there!" or "there's the beach we go to in SF!" haha) we saw the Wine and Food festival had a booth Jason just couldn't pass up...the beer garden! haha

[​IMG]

It was really fun. They give you a passport and then you go to the different stations and get it stamped with the beers you tried.

[​IMG]

Up next...will we stay in DCA? Will we go back to Disneyland? Did we have too much beer and just go back to the hotel!? Stay tuned!

8. TokyoDina

TokyoDina DIS Veteran

Next year we have to go for the Food and Wine Festival. I will make it so! That would be soo cool! Just to go for that!