TR - Memorial Weekend Madness - Feeling the Force & Celebrating the 5th - COMPLETE

Glad your Epcot day seems to be going more smoothly!

Yes! This was our favorite day of the whole trip and we were so much more relaxed.

We actually did have a bit of a hiccup. DS had a potty accident. When DH took him to the bathroom and I was chilling drinking my margarita, they actually didn't make it in time. I had typed up that part of the story but deleted it. We handled the situation and decided to keep having a good day!

Last edited:
I think every mom has had a child almost (or actually) pull her pants down. I know I have! I think it's awesome that your son can articulate the fun parts of the vacation!

Honestly, given my son's communication challenges, I get pretty excited when I ask him questions and he gives me relevant answers. So I loved his comments about WDW....it's the little things :yay:

Last edited:

Loving your trip report!!! We go often to DW, and when my nephew travels with us he is also sensitive to noise. We find it useful to pack ear muffs, and a set of ear phones. the ear muffs usually work, and if not we try to distract him with the ear phones plugged into an iPad. I always carry a penlight flashlight with me, and we make a game of being in the dark...this may help :-)

I will definitely be better prepared on the next trip!

Last edited:
I'm so glad your Epcot day went well!!
As for le cellier, we are there last year on the ddp. I don't think it's worth 2 credits! It is salty and nothing too special. By the way, how much was it for lunch.

I'm so glad your Epcot day went well!!
As for le cellier, we are there last year on the ddp. I don't think it's worth 2 credits! It is salty and nothing too special. By the way, how much was it for lunch.

I don't think there is a difference between lunch and dinner prices...not that I can recall. I can't remember if it was $150 or $160 after tip, but it was high. I was so mad about it but I didn't want to say anything and ruin it for DH. I was really just mad at myself I guess because my initial gut reaction was to skip the filet based on prior experience and just get the poutine and soup. That would have saved $50!

I actually told him last night after typing out the post. I told him I really disliked it and don't want to go back. He said next time we can skip and he'll just get a big turkey leg :)

Last edited:
As I read through my report and reflect on the tips from others, along with our trip challenges, it occurs to me that I didn't plan well enough for my DS and his special needs.

I just came across this guide that probably would have been helpful >https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...bilities-services/wdw_cognitive_guide_rev.pdf.

There was probably also some good tips in the disABILITIES forum. Oh well...I am pretty sure there will be an opportunity to do it better in the future.

Last edited:
Tonight I am editing pictures...not from WDW but from my son's pre-k graduation that occurred the week before our trip. Along with celebrating his 5th birthday, we were also celebrating his upcoming transition. He has been working so hard with speech, occupational therapy, ABA therapy, developmental preschool...along with his other preschool program. We know there is lots more of hard work to come, but we are so proud of him.

He looked so handsome at his pre-k graduation.

ry%3D400

My dd is moving up from kindergarten to 1st grade on Monday. Your ds looks so handsome.

You live and you learn. The next trip will be better!

As I read through my report and reflect on the tips from others, along with our trip challenges, it occurs to me that I didn't plan well enough for my DS and his special needs.

I just came across this guide that probably would have been helpful >https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...bilities-services/wdw_cognitive_guide_rev.pdf.

There was probably also some good tips in the disABILITIES forum. Oh well...I am pretty sure there will be an opportunity to do it better in the future.

My dd is moving up from kindergarten to 1st grade on Monday. Your ds looks so handsome.

Is dd your youngest? DS is my one and only and I got kind of emotional at the transition. My baby isn't a baby anymore!

You live and you learn. The next trip will be better!

Exactly! And I am already planning a do-over in my head. :)

I am thinking a longer trip, so we can take it slow. Limited table service meals and we would go back to CBR. While I didn't love CBR, I think it was absolutely perfect for DS. The pools were great and because the resort is so spread out, there is a lot of area for DS to run around. He is a high energy little guy.

Oh my gosh, is he adorable in his shirt and tie! He looks so dapper! Congrats on the transition!

More spread out does sound less stressful. It's always hard to cram in a ton of special events, but it's hard when that's how they are scheduled, and they are too tempting!

Tonight I am editing pictures...not from WDW but from my son's pre-k graduation that occurred the week before our trip. Along with celebrating his 5th birthday, we were also celebrating his upcoming transition. He has been working so hard with speech, occupational therapy, ABA therapy, developmental preschool...along with his other preschool program. We know there is lots more of hard work to come, but we are so proud of him.

He looked so handsome at his pre-k graduation.

ry%3D400

Handsome and grown-up !

Wow it was so crowded at Epcot.
Accidents happen - must be prepared !
We have been to LeCellier but the last few trips it has been impossible to get an ADR,
but the food at Sunshine Seasons is good and reasonable it is a favorite.
We also love Boma and 'Ohana.
Thanks for taking us on your trip !

Yes she is my youngest DD. I have a third grader too. I'm excited to get out of the pre school period. I'm looking forward to full day school.
Is dd your youngest? DS is my one and only and I got kind of emotional at the transition. My baby isn't a baby anymore!

We have an upcoming trip in August. 10 days at the Grand Floridian. We have the magical deal so got 7 day base tickets plus 10 days for $3800. No DDP, so we are paying for food OOP. But we have many ADR's like 'ohana,s, teppen edo, San angel in, sci fi dine, California grille, narcoosees, chef mickeys, be our guest dinner,t Rex and via Napoli. I may make a few more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter