TR May 2010-An Aussie's Journey - California Here we Come

2 days to go!

I'm officially on annual leave. I don't have to think about work until 25th May :woohoo:.

Beauty treatment day tomorrow! Can't wait.

princess::upsidedow

:dance3::dance3:
:cheer2::cheer2:
:banana::banana:

Yes! Get all dolled up get tons of rest and just relaX! I don't stress in Airports cause I love them...but I know those place can tend to lead to a lot of stress for some people.

I can't believe it's almost time~! Yay!!

1 day to go!

Sometime today, I'll have to turn on my laptop and go cold turkey from the DisBoard :scared:; so this is likely to be my last post in my PTR.

DH and I like to think of our family as citizens of the world (the real one; not WDW):
  • One member of our family was born in tropical South-East Asia
  • Another member in South Africa; and
  • Another member in Australia.
  • Two of us have lived in Europe for 10 months
  • Two of us had jobs in Europe
  • One of us has a job in the US
  • One of us has a job in Australia
Yes, we choose to live in Australia.

About the only thing that we wish was different is the geographic location of Australia. In MY ideal world (the ephemeral one; not WDW), Australia would be placed about where the Azores are located. Nice smack bang in the middle of Europe and North America. Maybe we would have to put up with Portuguese politics…but who knows how this world (my ephemeral one, not WDW) would have turned out? Maybe…there would have been an Emperor/ress of the World (my ephemeral one is fast turning into a nightmare of a world….no offence to the Portuguese…but they did have their chance in the 15th Century) and he/she is living in an Australia located where the Azores are….

Back to the REAL world (not my ephemeral turn nightmare world and not WDW).

I’ve spent the last 2 – 3 months planning and dreaming about a holiday. A holiday much like you or anyone else will be planning and dreaming…but a holiday that’s special for ME and my loved ones; just like your holiday will be special for you and yours.

To those who have subscribed, to those that are just dropping in and to those that I may catch up with at the World (yes, WDW), I thank you all for your indulgence, patience, support and willingness to put up with this Aussie. I also thank you all for you tips and help in planning my holiday. It is very much appreciated.

In 24 hours, we will head to the airport, board a plane and start OUR holiday. I plan on writing a post-trip report when I return and ‘living in the Land of the Last (to Post)’; so here’s to the continuation of our friendship afterwards.

Technology will be the bane of my life!! Why is it everytime I board a plane, the Teleporter breaks down and the backup Stargate isn’t working? I guess I'm just going to have to fly to the World afterall.

princess::upsidedow

Here's hoping for a smooth and safe flight! :wizard: See you soon at the World! (Yes, the Disney one! :lmao:)

Have a super safe trip! I hope it's great and filled with joy and happiness which I'm sure it will be! I hope you guys get to relax and just have fun! And your a more than likely getting ready to hop on that plane now since it's almost Thursday for me! So have fun fun fun~!!

Can't wait to hear about your trip report!

Okay well I know you are back and I know you have a bad cold but come on :lmao:. We need some disney stories to get us through the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!