TR:Club Level, Disney Cruise, and Castle Fun! (Mar.23-31) UPD 7/25

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments!! This week has been crazy with closing up the classroom and getting things put in order for the summer! I'm having issues with my ring (already!) so DF and I are having to deal with that :( Not so sure it was wise buying from a known chain now :( Wish we would have done more research first but hopefully it will be taken care of even if I have to be without a beauty for a few weeks. I'll be back hopefully tomorrow or Friday with updates!! Thanks for reading!!!

Sorry about your ring

But can't wait to hear the details popcorn::

Hey Megan

You home yet?

can't wait to hear the details on your engagement

No pressure ;)

Huge congrats again! So...I know you're back in Florida and are on summer vacation so, get back here and give us a detailed play by play of the proposal! ;)

Hi everyone!!! Life has been crazy!! I just came back to Orlando after being at home for a long weekend. I was able to see my fiancé, clean through my room at the house my parents are selling in OH, and move some stuff into the new room at the new house in PA.

I PROMISE I will get an update in soon from the cruise and the proposal but I don't know if it will happen in the next few days bc Disney has me working 12 hour days for the next 4 days, a 7 hour day Sunday and then I start my teacher training on Monday but I'm still here and will be back to report soon!!!

Thanks for hanging in with me!

Hi everyone!!! Life has been crazy!! I just came back to Orlando after being at home for a long weekend. I was able to see my fiancé, clean through my room at the house my parents are selling in OH, and move some stuff into the new room at the new house in PA.

I PROMISE I will get an update in soon from the cruise and the proposal but I don't know if it will happen in the next few days bc Disney has me working 12 hour days for the next 4 days, a 7 hour day Sunday and then I start my teacher training on Monday but I'm still here and will be back to report soon!!!

Thanks for hanging in with me!

No worries. We know you have been busy.

That's a lot of hours :faint: I am sure you are going be exhausted

We are ready whenever you are .:goodvibes

ENGAGEMENT STORY!!!

Hi Dis Friends!!

I told you I would be back!! I figured before I continue with the report (which might take me till our next cruise to finish haha) I would report on the engagement weekend!

The weekend started off on the 23rd. DBF arrived and we stayed at POP. I had work on the 24th and he bummed around the resort until I picked him up at noon.

I surprised him with the fact that I didn't have to go back to work like I thought and had the afternoon off! We left POP and checked into WL at 1pm. Our room was ready (yay!) and we got a courtyard room with a king bed!

DBF said that his plan was to go to MK for the 24 hour event (my cm ID was blocked so I couldn't go) so I told him to go ahead and go and I'd be at the pool! He texted me 30 mins later and said a bus never came and he was coming to the pool..oh well!

We ate dinner at 5:15pm at WCC which was fun but odd for a couple with no kids, no other family, and a table for 2. The food was good and we enjoyed each other!

After dinner DF tried to fool me and say we were going to Epcot via bus which I said lets just drive. Then he suggested the boat to CR then monorails..waste of time!!! I went with it since we agreed I'd give him one weekend to make plans so I went with it. When we got to CR he said we weren't going to Epcot. I thought we were going to MK and he got a free ticket from my roommate or another friend..but NO. He took me up to the CR/BLT walk way...

It was then he told me we were going on a Wishes Fireworks Cruise!!

I was excited but NEVER did I think I would get engaged on that Wishes Cruise..it was too obvious and plus I knew we were going to MK and Epcot the next day which is where I thought I would get engaged...

We met our driver and had a seat by the docks until it was ready to go. DF went up to pay at the window and I waited till it was our time.

Around 9pm it was time to go!

We took a boat tour and stopped to watch the water parade at WL then went over to 7 Seas Lagoon!

The driver talked to us the whole time about all the resorts along the way and just about Disney in general.

Finally it was time to watch Wishes! Our boat did not have the sound system but we parked next to others that did!

Half way through (after the Sorcerer's Mickey part) DF asked me to take a pic with him that the driver took. We took a few pics and then I turned back to keep watching. DF called my name and BOOM...PROPOSAL!!

Needless to say I was shocked and happy! I got a cruise and a castle..just not the ones I thought I would get like in March haha.

After the fireworks, the driver dropped us off at WL and then it was time to call everyone in the world and tell them we're engaged! I think we went to bed at like 2am that night lol.

The rest of the weekend, we spent at Disney going to parks, relaxing, and eating from our DDP

Basically it was a perfect weekend! I was so glad that we were staying at WL and that we had a fantastic weekend! Oh..and DF's plan to go to MK was a lie! He ended up going to Concierge to argue with them about the cruise bc they rebooked us on the Pirates one eek! DF got it straightened out though and never did go to MK lol....

We have not set a date yet BUT we are meeting with Disney Fairytale Weddings on July 5th so I'm hoping/praying we can set a date and do this affordably!!!

If anyone has any affordable wedding tips (minus ceremony venue, food, beverage, and DJ) let me know!!!!

Thanks for reading..I'll be back in a few days for a cruise update!!!!!

That is SO COOL!!! How romantic, well done to your DF! Now you know since we're all hooked on your trip report, that we HAVE to have a link to all things associated to your wedding, right?:) so please, provide links here first if you start one over on the wedding board, I'd love to follow along, this is fun!! Congratulations!!

Glad DBF got your cruise straightened out.

The driver really caught great expression on your face

so exciting!!

Congrats again!! Gorgeous ring

I hope you get to do a Disney Fairytale wedding. If you do a thread on it, please post link on here like PP asked, as you know we all would like to follow :thumbsup2

Such a great story! Your DF did a great job! Congrats again!

Jill in CO

Great engagement story....many congratulations to you! :goodvibes

Congratulations!!!! Beautiful story!! Love the way it happened. Wonderful ring too (and a pretty manicure to show it off)!!

Congratulations! What a great proposal!

I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

Congratulations! You're engagement story sounds perfect! Can't wait to hear about the wedding plans.:cool1:

That is SO COOL!!! How romantic, well done to your DF! Now you know since we're all hooked on your trip report, that we HAVE to have a link to all things associated to your wedding, right?:) so please, provide links here first if you start one over on the wedding board, I'd love to follow along, this is fun!! Congratulations!!

Glad DBF got your cruise straightened out.

The driver really caught great expression on your face

so exciting!!

Congrats again!! Gorgeous ring

I hope you get to do a Disney Fairytale wedding. If you do a thread on it, please post link on here like PP asked, as you know we all would like to follow :thumbsup2

Such a great story! Your DF did a great job! Congrats again!

Jill in CO

Great engagement story....many congratulations to you! :goodvibes

Congratulations!!!! Beautiful story!! Love the way it happened. Wonderful ring too (and a pretty manicure to show it off)!!

Congrats again!! Your DF is so sweet, what a great way to get engaged. Love your ring too, he did a good jobpixiedust:

Congratulations! What a great proposal!

I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

Congratulations! You're engagement story sounds perfect! Can't wait to hear about the wedding plans.:cool1:

Thanks everyone!!!

I will start a TR of sorts after we have our meeting with Disney on July 5th. I"m hoping we can get a date that we want, keep it affordable for 100 guests, and that my dad says yes that he'll agree to pay!!!! Stay tuned for more of that info..but not till July of course lol .

CASTAWAY CAY!!!!​

MARCH 26, 2013

When I left off we were talking off the ship towards CC.. We decided to skip the shuttle and go by foot. It ended up being a pretty far walk which didn't seem like a far walk from the ship! Lesson learned especially with bags and towels!!

When we finally got to CC (around 9am) it was pretty dead!

One of my fav pics and "Wow I can't believe we're here!"

As soon as we got our spots on the family beach, I went on a hunt to find the hair braiding place. DF stayed at the chairs and slept! I found the place and was taken right away. I was told it was the same price as the ship. What I didn't consider is that the people doing it are contracted with Disney from the islands near by and in stead of having 6-10 braids in my hair..I had 20..EEEK!!! at $2 a pop plus tip..it was double the price that I thought it would be and the tightest I had ever had braids done. After a few days it did loosen up but it was pretty darn tight and hard to sleep with, and hard to apply sunscreen in between the braids...LESSON LEARNED!!! Do it on the ship instead. It will be cheaper and I'm assuming not has tight??? It also was not square on and straight with my head which bugged me too lol.

After the braiding, I took my walk back to the chairs.

We had signed up to do the snorkeling at $50 total. We went to the rental shop and got the equipment.

What we didn't consider was that even though it was March, pretty warm, the water WAS NOT. Needless to say we wasted $50 bc we did not get into the water past our knees...LESSON LEARNED!!!

After a while of sitting on the family beach, we noticed that lots of people were starting to arrive so we decided to give up our spots and head to the adult beach with hopes that there would be chairs and warmer weather too!

We popped into the gift shop and looked around then went to find the tram.

When we got to the beach it was pretty much empty..it is Serenity as they say!!!

It was also twice as cold as the family beach was and had very little sun..funny since it wasn't too far but I guess the way it faced??!!

We chatted with another couple who took our pics for us and as we were talking Jack Sparrow showed up...WHAT??!! I had to remind myself it was the adult beach and why was he there but it didn't matter!

He was 100% in character and a hoot at that!!!

After he left we decided it was time to get lunch and headed off to find the yummy food that we could smell from the beach....

UP NEXT: LUNCH AT SERENITY BAY AND AN AFTERNOON AT THE BEACH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!