TR:Club Level, Disney Cruise, and Castle Fun! (Mar.23-31) UPD 7/25

KIDS CLUBS AND CHARACTERS!!​

*HI DIS FRIENDS!!! I got everything done for the weekend so I thought I'd update once more before I leave tomorrow! I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll be back Monday night (with an update hopefully Tuesday!)

MAR 24, 2013

When I left off we were done exploring the upper decks and decided to start exploring and check out the kids clubs! Before we left the outdoor decks we took some photos!

We're blowing away!

DSC01732.jpg

DSC01733.jpg

DSC01734.jpg

The wind was getting really bad which made sense because I guess over in Orlando, they were having tornado warnings! The weather was heading our way and it was coming quickly!!

On our way out, I took pics of the quick service menus (did I post these last time..if so sorry!)

DSC01735.jpg

Throughout the four days we did use these options but we also used room service just as much! The times we did use it, there was hardly ever any lines!

We took shelter on the lower decks and went off to find the kids clubs. It was then we realized we truly had no idea where we were going! Thank goodness for signs!

Eventually we did find the clubs and still today I have no idea what deck they were on but we found them and were impressed!

We also saw the teen club and never did see the older teen club (I think that's on a different deck). We walked past the Small World Nursery but didn't know if we could tour it so we didn't bother asking since it didn't matter anyways! I'm assuming it's super cute though!

After the tour I can understand why kids NEVER want to leave especially if your child is into technology! I have several families at my school that have done DCL and they said it's like pulling teeth to get kids out of the clubs! They even feed them in there!

By the time we finished with our club tour we decided to head to find our stateroom as it was 1:30pm!

We talked by the atrium and found some fun!

Oh wait...more people arriving!

AND OUR FIRST ON BOARD CHARACTER PIC!!

I was thrilled to find Chip and Dale! I love how our shirt colors match theirs!

*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON #6

#6...CHARACTER PICS ARE A MUST!!!! I have to admit I'm not a die-hard character fan at WDW. I'll do it at the meals I go to and possibly the parties at Halloween and Xmas but never do I ever really stop to get a character pic beyond those but I went insane with character pics on the ship! The longest line we saw was for the princesses but all the other characters were 10, maybe 15 min wait at the most..or we just got lucky every time! I was glad we waited in line for the character pics and it gave us something else to look at at Shutters when seeing the pics in the binder. My only character regret...no character pics on CC. We were settled on the beach when they started coming out...oh well! Next time!!

After our impromptu pic we finally headed up to deck 9 from deck 5 to find our room...9516!!!

UP NEXT...DBF WAS RIGHT YOU NEED A VERANDAH!

yay, 1 more update :cool1:

The kids club look so cool in there. I want to be a kid so I can play in there

:rotfl2:

Love the Chip and Dale pic. I am a big character hunter so can not wait to get pictures on the ship.

We spent alot of our earlier WDW trips walking right by the characters because I did not want to "waste" time waiting in line for a picture. Then our DS came along and I realized that was really a big part of the Disney experience for us. Now a good part of our trip is focused on M&Gs and I love having all the awesome pictures on our CD when we get home.

Can't wait to see pictures of your room.

Great report so far..can't wait to hear more.:thumbsup2

Thanks!

yay, 1 more update :cool1:

The kids club look so cool in there. I want to be a kid so I can play in there

:rotfl2:

I like how they let you tour before they officially open!

THANKS!! I love "hearing" your report!
:goodvibes

Thanks!

Love the Chip and Dale pic. I am a big character hunter so can not wait to get pictures on the ship.

We spent alot of our earlier WDW trips walking right by the characters because I did not want to "waste" time waiting in line for a picture. Then our DS came along and I realized that was really a big part of the Disney experience for us. Now a good part of our trip is focused on M&Gs and I love having all the awesome pictures on our CD when we get home.

Can't wait to see pictures of your room.

I went crazy with character pics and I'm glad :)

DISNEY DREAM 9516​

*Hi Dis Friends!! I'm back! I had a nice relaxing weekend with DBF in TN and was glad that I made it home safely last night. I'm currently listening to my brother (and the rest of Dis) podcast and typing the next update! Thank you for all the kind comments and love for the report! Here's your next update!!!!

MARCH 24, 2013​

When I left off, we toured the upper decks and the kids clubs and it was finally 1:30pm so we could get into our room!

We went to deck 9 and found our room. We had paid for a 6A and were upgraded to 5A which put us on Deck 9 in the front of the ship, starboard side. It honestly could not have been a better room...YOU'LL SEE!

We finally found 9516, opened the door and found my first surprise!

DBF got me a wonderful gift bag! I was so very excited!! Inside was a backpack, two water bottles, and a deck of playing cards. I was thrilled and so thankful!

The tour then continued..

*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON #7

#7: Unless you pack a TON, you don't need an over the door hanger for the bathroom as a couple of two. DBF and I split bathrooms. He took the shower room since it's larger and I took the toilet room to get ready. There was PLENTY of space for our things without the door hanger.

FINALLY..THE VIEW!!!

Our port info was also left in the room.

Since we didn't have our bags yet we decided to go explore some more. We did meet our Stateroom Host Chris and we went off to find some more fun!

UP NEXT: VISTA SPA..WILL THEY SELL US ON A PACKAGE?!

Great update! It looks like we both met our sweeties around the same time...Jeff and I will be celebrating 1-year in August (shameless plug for our pre-trip...link in my signature). A disney cruise is on my must do list for the future...can't wait to read the rest.

Hi Megan - joining in and enjoying your report! My family and I were on this cruise as well - love reading others opinions of the same cruise! I did see a pic of us at the pool area posted earlier! I don't recall seeing you or your DBF though. Can't wait to read more!

The room looks nice and pretty roomy

How sweet of your DBF to get you a gift :)

Great update! It looks like we both met our sweeties around the same time...Jeff and I will be celebrating 1-year in August (shameless plug for our pre-trip...link in my signature). A disney cruise is on my must do list for the future...can't wait to read the rest.

You're right! Our one year will be July 21st! I'm excited for your trip and the PTR!! Sadly, I really don't do PTR anymore on here but I do like to do mini TR within this one (just a heads up haha) Happy planning!

Hi Megan - joining in and enjoying your report! My family and I were on this cruise as well - love reading others opinions of the same cruise! I did see a pic of us at the pool area posted earlier! I don't recall seeing you or your DBF though. Can't wait to read more!

:welcome: I feel like I saw many of the same people over and over again (especially in the adult area) but everyone seemed very friendly!

What a nice surprise, I love the gift bag.

I love it too!

The room looks nice and pretty roomy

How sweet of your DBF to get you a gift :)

The room was great for 2 people..now 4 adults..dunno about that one! lol I think our room was slightly smaller bc we didn't have the pull down bunk.

Good DBF getting you a surprise!!!!

It came in very handy for excursions!

Lovely TR :goodvibes
I am really enjoying it and I love the little first time cruiser tips :thumbsup2

Megan!

Thank you so much for posting this TR! I'm taking my first DCL cruise on the dream in September and I have so many "little" questions I can't find answers to! (for example, the tip about luggage drop off, which i just documented in Evernote lol)

Do you know if the last 2 nights on dining rotation are always duplicated? I want to book Palo, but I want to do it on the night of the duplicate restaurant.

Thanks! Can't wait to read more.

Lovely TR :goodvibes
I am really enjoying it and I love the little first time cruiser tips :thumbsup2

Thanks!!

Megan!

Thank you so much for posting this TR! I'm taking my first DCL cruise on the dream in September and I have so many "little" questions I can't find answers to! (for example, the tip about luggage drop off, which i just documented in Evernote lol)

Do you know if the last 2 nights on dining rotation are always duplicated? I want to book Palo, but I want to do it on the night of the duplicate restaurant.

Thanks! Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for reading! If at anytime you have questions please don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to answer them!

The last two nights (on the 4 night) you do repeat and it's also your restaurant for breakfast the last morning. If DBF and I would do it over, I would have done it on Pirate night which is what one of our tablemate groupies did but DBF enjoyed the menu and would have rather it been on EG night (but you don't know what your dining rotation is till you check in). We opted for the brunch since it was our first cruise and I wanted to try all the dining locations..even pirate night.

DREAM TOUR CONT.​

*Hi Dis Friends!! I hope everyone had a good week and I'm looking forward to the weekend even though I'm working tomorrow night! DBF and I (mostly him) are planning our Memorial Day adventure at WDW. Right now the only details I know (and he's giving me) is that we are staying at WL (yay!) and eating one meal at Ohana!! More details will come as I get them or that he'll let me know!!!

MARCH 24, 2013​

When I left off we had toured our room but our bags had not arrived yet so we decided to tour more of the ship and wait till the bags arrived.

Movie Theatre (we didn't go to the shopping seminar)

People are still arriving and the piano player is awesome!

We finally found the District aka where the clubs are!

Pink! Never had a drink there though

*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON #8

#8 If you have time (make time!) go to the trivia games whether they are the family ones or the adult ones! We wish we had gone to more of them by the time our final night came. Evolution night club became a good hang-out spot for adults only!

After we toured the clubs, we decided to find where the restaurants were and scope out the menus.

Well so I thought I took more pics of Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace, Palo and Remy but I didn't haha. Sorry!!!

We continued the tour before heading back to the room and window shopped at the gift shops again!

We decided to head into Vista Spa (sorry no pics!) and do the spa tour. A CM led us through and in the end we decided to sign up for the Rainforest Room day on our day at sea. DBF went to sign up for it while I waited in the fitness room as they were doing a drawing at 3 to give away prizes and gifts. We didn't win but it didn't matter. I was psyched about the spa day!

At this point the boat was rocking quite a bit and since I still had cell service, I was finding out via social media that there were Tornado Warnings in the Orlando area and you could see the weather coming closer to us! At that point, I feared the rocking of the ship and debated taking motion sickness meds but I decided to wait.

We went back to the room on a rocking ship and our luggage had arrived!! This was one of my fears but it all came and was all complete and we began to unpack.

*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON #9

#9 The most "stressful" "on top of each other" "crowded" cabin moment was unpacking at the same time haha. After we were settled we never felt like it was a small room or on top of each other!

At this point the weather was starting to pick up and after a few phone calls to my parents while unpacking, it was finally time for our Muster Drill at 3:45pm. We left the cabin at 3:30pm and met a family that was staying Concierge on the ship..it turns out EVERYONE from our station (B) was on the club level floors...we could have survived haha. Not only were we grouped with the club level folks..we had nice warm and dry seat inside the Walt Disney Theater! We never did see where our life boats were but I didn't matter!!

After about a half our we were free to leave and continued to unpack until....

THE SAIL AWAY PARTY!!!!

...but due to the weather, would it be inside?!

STAY TUNED!!

UP NEXT: SAIL AWAY PARTY..INSIDE OR OUTSIDE?!​

Looks like a great time so far! Can't wait to read what happened next. My DH and I are going on our first cruise together with his whoel family later this summer on the Fantasy. Should be a fun time! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!