TR: And now for something completely different - a WDW Family did DLR *(new - 4/15: HK Disneyland)*

so ... i apologize if you've answered this already, but how are you making your gifs? Really cool!

Glad yall are having fun!

DL appears to have a lot more rides than WDW. It looks like they've made very good use of the space. Bug's Land is adorable.

That's too bad about your video. I hate when that happens.

That's cool how the Cars drive out to the spot for the meet and greet. Super cute pictures of the kids!

They definitely pack in the rides into the space they have. My understanding is that the Disneyland Park is 25% smaller that the Magic Kingdom as far as area but actually has more rides.

Just a bummer especially given how much I enjoyed the ride and was planning on that footage being part of the eventual video I put together. Oh well.

Yeah, it is neat how they really make the Cars cars seem like real characters as much as Mickey is as far as coming out and interacting, etc. Well, they can't give hugs - though they do talk!

I love that first picture of Olivia waving at you...so sweet.

Never saw that Army Men Brigade..very cool!

I agree, the line for RSR has a lot to look at! I'm glad you enjoyed the ride, it really is so well done.

I thought the fact that the Cars actually drive AND talk was SO awesome!

LOL I had to laugh at your Go-Pro fail ;)

I loved the themeing of BugsLand. We never made it on any of the rides (since it felt kind of silly for 2 adults to do) but I'm glad to hear they were fun!

Thanks - I love capturing images like that .... I have to keep those images in mind when she is being, um a challenge ;)

They definitely did a great job with all of Radiator Springs Racers and Carsland in General making it feel like a real place and not a show building with a line to get in, etc.

The Cars cars really were cool and really come off like "real" characters

yeah, I pretty much just have to laugh at myself or else just cry

http://www.amazon.com/Kidz-Gear-Wir...id=1452712282&sr=8-4&keywords=kids+headphones

It doesn't say noise cancelling in the listing, but they do work perfectly on airplanes. Not sure if they fit a kindle, but it says they fit most electronic devices. My kid used them with my iphone and with her Nabi. This link is for the pink ones I bought, but they come in many colors. Kidz Gear is a great brand. Good luck!

Ah - so may have been a misunderstanding. The issue wasn't the background noise, it was that literally no noise was coming out. with my headphones in and the volume turned all the way up I could very faintly hear it but not enough to be able to follow a movie or anything. I did read some things that you need headphones with a very long jack but haven't seen posted the best ones to buy

You guys got so much done!

Very fun rides, especially for Olivia! RSR seems like such a cool experience. And I'm glad Peter got to meet the "real" Lightning. I love that they are more interactive.

Sorry about the GoPro fail. This made me laugh...and the look on the face of the woman next to you is hilarious!

It's funny - we were feeling like we were getting a lot done but then looking back after we got back we realized a lot we did not get done. I guess between the different stuff and then the attractions that we wanted to see the LDR version, we just had a lot to do - and with having to do rider swap it too longer than expected for a number of them

RSR is definitely cool and having experienced that and how immersive the entire land is it makes me even more excited for what they can do with Star Wars Land!

Yeah, it is nice that if I only got one photo out of it it is a fairly funny one and with a photobomber :rotfl2:

so ... i apologize if you've answered this already, but how are you making your gifs? Really cool!

Glad yall are having fun!

Nor sure if I have explained or not in this TR - but either way happy to share. Also, not sure if I am doing it the most efficient way or not so others may have better ways to create them

Basically what I do is take the .MOV files from my camera and use an online tool (I use cloudconvert) to convert them to .gif files. I then use a graphic tool I have (Adobe Fireworks) to edit the .gif and shrink the size and framerate so that they aren't huge and then load them up to photobucket just like the images.

Hope this helps!

Nor sure if I have explained or not in this TR - but either way happy to share. Also, not sure if I am doing it the most efficient way or not so others may have better ways to create them

Basically what I do is take the .MOV files from my camera and use an online tool (I use cloudconvert) to convert them to .gif files. I then use a graphic tool I have (Adobe Fireworks) to edit the .gif and shrink the size and framerate so that they aren't huge and then load them up to photobucket just like the images.

Hope this helps!

Yes, this is great. Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad Olivia was able to get in some "big girl ride" time with you & Judi while the littles slept. I know that's so important to get that one on one time with the kids.

I took the kids onto Heimlich's Chew Chew Train ... which I think I might have enjoyed even more than the kids. It was so cute and I may have spoken in a Heimlich voice for like, the next week

After a week in Disneyland and riding this ride a million times, we were quoting in Heimlich's accent ALL THE TIME! Is candy corn a vegetable??

When I got home it was apparent that I had the setting wrong and when I thought I was starting the video taking I was taking a still picture - so all I got was this lovely image :rotfl2:
78_Phil%20GoPro%20Pic.jpg

Did you see the article going around about the dad who was supposed to be videoing his whole trip to (I think?) Vegas for his son but did the whole thing in selfie mode?? This reminds me of that! :rotfl: Bummer no ride video though.

The Water Playground was pretty darn cool! Not overly huge as regards square footage, but plenty of different things for kids (and adults to do) and stuff for different ages as well, as even stuff for Emma including a wading pool with zero entry

This is the main reason I want to stay here! Did you find the walk to be a bit long? That is the only reason that is keeping us from staying there, really.

Great action shot, Olivia!

Very cool.

This is the coolest mug of them all!

Never would have considered these, but now I have to try them.

We took turns using the rest room, which was inside the bar, and walked around - taking our time to see a few effects after people ordered drinks. It was definitely a lot of fun - I would love to just hang out in there with Judi on a date night for a few hours.

Maybe when you visit in July at WDW?? The Trader Sams at the Poly is a tad bigger, but has a nice patio with a waterfall outside.

I got this that same trip as well :thumbsup2

I was laughing because either Judi or Dan said something like, "They look like a family!":rotfl2:

Here's mine, including your 'real' wife :rotfl:

(In case anyone is wondering - they were sweet and wonderful as you might expect and was a nice bonus to get to see them tonight!)

And you guys as well! Would be nice for all of us to be able to sit down one day and have a meal and/or drinks at some point :thumbsup2

but we were all in bed and asleep by 10:30 or so, which was good as we had our first day actually at Disneyland the next day!!!

10:30?! Wow that's super early, good job!

I went to one of the ticket booths to do just that. Took a little longer than expected as they had to enter a lot of information

Ugh, the booths really do take a long time. I probably should have mentioned doing that the night before (unless you're required to do it the day of your actual visit?:confused3)

Oh well. Is what it is - it honestly probably didn't take that long but felt long when you just want to be on the other side of the gates starting your day!

Nope, it really does take a long time. Using the MB's at WDW were heaven compared to DL's turnstiles. They. Are. Awful.

Loving these gif's! Good job!

Aw great photo!

:rotfl: "Meh, the godmother is fine, but I like my waffle better!"

:rotfl2::lmao: That's awesome!

Will be back later to catch up on the rest!

Attachments

• IMG_3216.jpg
    IMG_3216.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 0
This is the main reason I want to stay here! Did you find the walk to be a bit long? That is the only reason that is keeping us from staying there, really.

Great action shot, Olivia!

So in a vacuum the walk really isn't that far. That said, it is the last hotel along that street so you are the last people to get to you hotel - so I think that makes it feel a little longer than it probably is, especially walking home and everyone else is getting to their hotel before you

I think we timed it one morning and from the front of the hotel to bag check was 12 minutes - and that is with pushing the stroller, etc.

Very cool.

This is the coolest mug of them all!

Never would have considered these, but now I have to try them.

Maybe when you visit in July at WDW?? The Trader Sams at the Poly is a tad bigger, but has a nice patio with a waterfall outside.

Definitely want to check out the new Trader Sams at the Poly - though not sure if we will get there sans kids .... someday though!

I got this that same trip as well :thumbsup2
I was laughing because either Judi or Dan said something like, "They look like a family!":rotfl2:

Here's mine, including your 'real' wife :rotfl:

And you guys as well! Would be nice for all of us to be able to sit down one day and have a meal and/or drinks at some point :thumbsup2

haha - that's kinda funny. Guess that means Dan and Judi get to be the married couple with no kids and could hang out at Trader Sam's all night :rotfl2:

Thanks for posting your pictures! Definitely would be fun to get a meal together at some point!

10:30?! Wow that's super early, good job!

Ugh, the booths really do take a long time. I probably should have mentioned doing that the night before (unless you're required to do it the day of your actual visit?:confused3)

Nope, it really does take a long time. Using the MB's at WDW were heaven compared to DL's turnstiles. They. Are. Awful.

My plan was to get the tickets the night before but I plum forgot to bring the printout of the voucher until we were almost to the bag check and figured it wasn't worth going back.

It's funny in some ways when people complain about MB or the finger print scan - but then to experience the alternative and you are like "nope, not so bad after all!"

Loving these gif's! Good job!

Aw great photo!

:rotfl: "Meh, the godmother is fine, but I like my waffle better!"

:rotfl2::lmao: That's awesome!

Will be back later to catch up on the rest!

Thank you! Lot's of gifs coming up!

While a bit overwhelming that early in the day we did get some good character interaction. If you are going for the characters - that is probably the best character meal I have been too! (Garden Grill is good too as the characters seem to make it around multiple times)

Great trip report so far. I'm going to DL for the first time in April so reading your TR is making me excited :D It looks like you had a great time!

Radiator Springs looks very cool!!! I love the ride and the way they did the scenery!! So wish they would bring that to DisneyWorld!!
Bugs land looks really cute!! Is it more for younger children?

Great updates! Looks like you really got to a lot of the attractions. Hope to make it to Cars Land one day. A family favorite- and you are right- the DHS meet is so lame-o

Judi got a local Rose, though I must admit I don't remember and she didn't record what it was (so we both fail)
Well, she got to have a drink so she didn't fail entirely!

We then went over to pull fast passes for California Screaming and while there we took the kids onto King Triton's Carousel - which was really cute and the kids had a blast!
I love the location of that carousel. So convenient for a parent waiting with kids. They should have more kids rides right next to height restricted rides.

While we were riding, Judi took Emma and Peter to meet a Car, and it was Lightening McQueen out meeting. These meets were a lot better than the "meets" they had at DHS - even just how the Cars would "drive" out to their spot and when Matter was leaving he would have little quips to make, etc. Just cool. Plus Peter was basically in his glory:
::yes:: Those meets are incredible! I really like how they drive around and, to an extent, interact with you.

I took the kids onto Heimlich's Chew Chew Train ... which I think I might have enjoyed even more than the kids. It was so cute and I may have spoken in a Heimlich voice for like, the next week
You enjoyed that? Are you ok??? :rotfl2::rotfl:

When I got home it was apparent that I had the setting wrong and when I thought I was starting the video taking I was taking a still picture - so all I got was this lovely image :rotfl2:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Great trip report so far. I'm going to DL for the first time in April so reading your TR is making me excited :D It looks like you had a great time!

:welcome: and Thank you! I am sure you will have a great time! If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask!

Radiator Springs looks very cool!!! I love the ride and the way they did the scenery!! So wish they would bring that to DisneyWorld!!
Bugs land looks really cute!! Is it more for younger children?

Radiator Springs is really cool - and is just relaly nice to see a complete attraction like that. It would be cool to see it at WDW (and there are rumors Cars Land will still be part of the next phase at DHS after Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land are done) - though part of me also likes having something be unique to each park

Bugs Land is really cute. It definitely is more for younger children. That is one thing I did find with California Adventure - more than other Disney park it felt like more "these rides for big kids/adults and these are for little kids". I mean, nothing crazy like at a Six Flags or something, but just jumped out at me compared to other Disney parks

Great updates! Looks like you really got to a lot of the attractions. Hope to make it to Cars Land one day. A family favorite- and you are right- the DHS meet is so lame-o

Thanks! I think we were getting to a good number of things, though we definitely didn't get to everything we wanted by the end of our trip. The HS meet is really lame - even moreso after experiencing the real one!

Well, she got to have a drink so she didn't fail entirely!

I love the location of that carousel. So convenient for a parent waiting with kids. They should have more kids rides right next to height restricted rides.

::yes:: Those meets are incredible! I really like how they drive around and, to an extent, interact with you.

You enjoyed that? Are you ok??? :rotfl2::rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That's a good point - I mean, if you end up with a glass of wine, hard to call it a "fail" ;)

that is a good point - or at least a play area or something

It is great how they drive out, etc. - really makes them feel, well, "real"

Hey, gotta do a few things for my kids to make fun of me for ;)

Chapter 27 - Disneyland - Part 8
October 16th
2 for the price of 1!

After having our fill of A Bug's Land we were off to the Grand Californian. While partly to check out the hotel, the main reason was that we had some VIDs to meet - Very Important DISers. We had been messaging back and forth and were all converging in the lobby of the fanciest hotel and all arrived fairly close to the same time.

Who we we meeting? Well, Alicia and her family again, but also Brenda (@emmysmommy ) and her lovely husband Michael as well!

It was great to see them and there were so friendly and welcoming! I think Olivia may have talked Micheal's ear off a bit (as she is wont to do). I did manage to get one picture with both Alicia and Brenda to prove that it did happen:
86_Phil%20with%20Brenda%20and%20Alicia.jpg

Besides chatting with them, I did spend a good amount of time chasing Peter and Emma around - there was a chocolate Halloween display in the center that they went around and around and around .... and around and around ....
88_chasing%20Peter%20and%20Emma%20around%20display.gif

The hotel itself was very cool - similar to Wilderness Lodge (pretty sure the same person designed both, along with the Animal Kingdom Lodge) - but a little fancier, less rustic. One thing we loved was all the inlays in the floor and the fact the pattern in the carpet matched up to it (ok, small thing, but the Disney details, right?)
87_GC%20Floor.jpg

We had a lovely time with them, but eventually we did have to leave - so back to California Adventure we went, and to Cars Land specifically. While we missed seeing them turn the lights on, we did get to see it at night with all the lights on and it is really cool - totally different feel but no less immersive. Though, didn't get the best pictures so this doesn't do it justice (first is no flash, second is with flash, and then a gif):
90_Cars%20land%20at%20night%20no%20flash.jpg
91_Cars%20land%20at%20night%20with%20flash.jpg

89_walking%20into%20Cars%20Land%20at%20Night.gif

Beyond taking in the scene we were also there for food - we decided to have dinner at Flo's V8 Cafe. This too was very well themed. One thing I remember was that we wanted to order a drink, as beer, wine, etc. was on the menu. However they informed us that they were no longer serving alcohol for the day. That was one thing that threw us - it appeared that the cut-off time for alcohol was different each day as the next day we got drinks later than this. Apparently it threw a lot of people off as the manager of Flo's had to make a broad announcement that they were no longer selling alcohol - after which about 1/3 of the people left the line.

Anyway - the menu was pretty good with some different choices. We wound up getting a Roast Beef & Cheddar Sandwich - Garlic chive bun, caramelized onions, and horseradish aioli, served with signature coleslaw; a Turkey Dip Sandwich - Potato grinder roll, provolone cheese with turkey au jus, served with pasta salad, and two kids Macaroni and Cheese - Served with fruit, vegetables and choice of small lowfat milk or small Dasani water. We also ordered 2 milk shakes, one chocolate and one strawberry - on in a souvenir glass since we didn't have enough of them. Apologies but the pictures are not the best - I think we were starting to drag a bit for the evening:

91_Flos%20beef%20and%20cheddar.jpg
92_Flos%20chicken.jpg

93_Flos%20kids%20mac%20n%20cheese.jpg

All in all it was pretty darn good and a nice change of pace for a quick service - it was nice that things came with sides other than french fries.

Pretty much right after dinner we headed out and back to the hotel to rest up - as we had our Magic Morning the next morning and Fantasyland to hit up!

Coming up ... yeah, we don't hit up Fantasyland right away

I'm so far behind, that I'm embarrassed... because this is one of the TR's that I anticipated all summer and fall. But things have finally calmed down and I plan to get caught up tonight :-) In the meantime, I forgot my lunch and I'm starving... I'm drooling over those Flo's sandwiches right now!!!!

Chapter 28 - Disneyland - Part 9
October 17th
But first let's take a Photopass

After a very full day we all got a pretty good night's sleep - tough I think Emma wanted to sleep in a bit more:
01_Emma%20Asleep%20in%20bed.jpg

As quick as we could (which isn't super quick when 3 young children are involved) we got dressed and out and started the walk to Disneyland. We did stop in one of the little delis/stores to get a snack to eat and some juice for the kids to drink - and apparently Olivia was feeling silly. I also like how you can see all the other strollers making there way - like it is the stroller brigade or something:
02_Kids%20with%20stroller%20on%20way%20to%20park.jpg

Oh by the way, I think a few people asked about what we did for strollers, and we did just have this double but we got the "running board" for the back, so Olivia stood on that a lot of the time

We got through bag check and then got online. The park wasn't yet open - we were there close to 30 minutes before it opened, but I guess that wasn't early enough. So for those of you with trips coming up, may want to get there a bit earlier than you think you need to:
03_on%20line.jpg

They did start to let people through the turnstiles before the official open time but it was still probably 5-10 minutes after open time that we got into the park. So where to first? Well, Mommy and Daddy needed a bit of a pick me up. So Starbucks it is! (we did also pick up the special Disneyland and 60th anniversary mugs while we were there):
04_Starbucks_1.jpg

So after that, we were joining the masses heading to Fantasyland right? Well, we did head that way, but we stopped at the Castle to get some Photopass pictures. I mean, we were wearing matching t-shirts and all. (side note, while it did cut into the Magical Morning time, I am very glad that we stopped as later in the day it was always packed so I was glad to get the nearly empty pictures that we got)

The photopass Photographer was great and had us do a bunch of poses, plus there were some neat boarders for the 60th and some magic shots with the kids - so get ready for a bunch of photopass pictures!

06_PP%20pictures%201.jpg
07_PP%20pictures%202.jpg

08_PP%20pictures%203.jpg
10_PP%20pictures%205.jpg

09_PP%20pictures%204.jpg
11_PP%20pictures%206.jpg

12_PP%20pictures%207.jpg
13_PP%20pictures%208.jpg

The first kids one was funny as he asked the kids to give a "thumbs up" and only Olivia knew what that was :rotfl2:

I did also make a point to see the plaque for the 40th anniversary Time "Castle" - will be interesting when they open this up on the 80th anniversary:
05_Time%20Castle%20plaque.jpg

At that point we did make it back to Fantasyland. The below give gives a bit of an overview of how it is set up - definitely much more closed quarters that at WDW ... the long line you see is for Peter Pan (we never got on that):
14_Fantasy%20Land.gif

Our first ride was:
15_Getting%20on%20SWSA.gif

It took a little convincing to get the kids to go on Snow White's Scary Adventure (I mean, it does have "Scary" in the title) but I think they enjoyed it for the most part. It is nice this still exists here - I do miss it a bit at WDW, but it wasn't an "every trip ride" for us).

The only decent picture I got of the ride is the ride vehicles:
16_SWSA%20Car.jpg

After this we went on another "no longer at WDW ride" - Mr's Toad's Wild Ride!
18_Front%20of%20Mr%20Toad.jpg

17_Mr%20Toad%20sign.jpg
19_With%20Mr%20Toad%20statur.jpg

This definitely holds some nastalgic feelings - though not sure the kids knew what to make of it! It is pretty herky-jerky too!

We got some pictures in the car that sat outside the attraction after riding it - including a kind CM that took one of our entire family:
20_Kids%20in%20car.jpg
21_Family%20with%20car.jpg

To keep with the dark ride theme we then rode a new one fore us in Pinoccio's Daring Jouney. This one was really good and very cute and I enjoyed it very much - found it much better than Snow White or Mr. Toad's, just as far as quality of the ride and animatronics, etc.:
22_Pinnocio.jpg

So we decided then to go on a ride more for the kids and headed to the Casey Jr Train Ride. The kids were glad we were seated in on of the Monkey Cages cars:
23_Olivia%20in%20monkey%20car.jpg
24_Judi%20and%20Emma%20view%20from%20Monkey%20car.jpg

The ride goes around where the Canal Boats go (you can see one of them in the above picture) but you can get a good view of a number of attractions while riding it as well:
25_View%20of%20Matterhorn%20from%20Monkey%20Car.jpg

Coming up next - some more rides that are new to us!

TTFN

So... a bit of catching up to do. Unfortunately, I now need to work a bit later than normal, because I spent too much "break time" getting caught up this afternoon. I meant to only read a post or two, but I should have known better. :rotfl2:

Wow, I love the beach photos in San Clemente. Especially cool to see the trains go by. I can only imagine how cool it would be to ride along the coast on that train, and look out the window into the ocean!

I love the photos that Peter took at Pizza Port. He's a natural :)

How cool that the monorail passed by just as you arrived at HOJO! I love that you went to Trader Sam's on your first night! A long walk from HOJO, but lots of cool stuff to see! Nice to see that Judi liked the Krakatoa Punch. That's probably my favorite too, but the Zombie was awesome as well. I also had similar experiences with the Mai-Tai good, but not "as good". Dude... now I'm really jonesing for some tiki drinks! (I mean, really jonesing!)

Love the photos of you all at the partner's statue! And who doesn't love free Churros?!?!?!?

Interesting comments about Olivia and Ghost Galaxy. We've ridden it with the overlay and without, and I much preferred the "vanilla" version. I love the expression of the lady in Judi's car in the ride photo. Haha!

I love the waving Mickey on your Red Car Trolley gif! So cool!!!!

"Primeval Hurl" hahahaha!!!!

Love the photo of Emma on King Triton's Carousel.

What a bummer about the GoPro video on California Screamin'.

I love the photopass photos in front of the castle, those tye dies are awesome!!! And it looks like you scored with that photographer. They really spent some good time with you all. It's fun when you get a photographer who doesn't just snap a couple and then wave you on.

And Mr. Toad for the win!!! Major nostalgia for me too. It's really not that great of a ride, but it's a must do us every trip. (And usually more than once. :cool1:)

I'm loving your morning start at Fantasyland. Some real classics there! Hoping that you hit Peter Pan, and if so, curious to see what you thought. (It was still down for refurbishment when we visited back in June.)

Besides chatting with them, I did spend a good amount of time chasing Peter and Emma around - there was a chocolate Halloween display in the center that they went around and around and around .... and around and around ....
Chocolate??? Nope. Can't do it. There would be no display left after I was there.

But I'm glad you fit in another Dismeet in a very nice setting.

We had a lovely time with them, but eventually we did have to leave - so back to California Adventure we went, and to Cars Land specifically. While we missed seeing them turn the lights on, we did get to see it at night with all the lights on and it is really cool - totally different feel but no less immersive. Though, didn't get the best pictures so this doesn't do it justice (first is no flash, second is with flash, and then a gif):
It really is cool seeing it at night!

Beyond taking in the scene we were also there for food - we decided to have dinner at Flo's V8 Cafe. This too was very well themed. One thing I remember was that we wanted to order a drink, as beer, wine, etc. was on the menu. However they informed us that they were no longer serving alcohol for the day. That was one thing that threw us - it appeared that the cut-off time for alcohol was different each day as the next day we got drinks later than this. Apparently it threw a lot of people off as the manager of Flo's had to make a broad announcement that they were no longer selling alcohol - after which about 1/3 of the people left the line.
I never came across this. Seems a little bit odd. I wonder what the reasoning would be for ending alcohol sales early? Maybe just something to limit liability from locals from coming in after work and getting drunk and driving home?

All in all it was pretty darn good and a nice change of pace for a quick service - it was nice that things came with sides other than french fries.
I really was impressed with Flo's. I thought it was an excellent counter service meal. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

As quick as we could (which isn't super quick when 3 young children are involved) we got dressed and out and started the walk to Disneyland. We did stop in one of the little delis/stores to get a snack to eat and some juice for the kids to drink - and apparently Olivia was feeling silly. I also like how you can see all the other strollers making there way - like it is the stroller brigade or something:
Strollers and Disney... they go hand in hand.

Oh by the way, I think a few people asked about what we did for strollers, and we did just have this double but we got the "running board" for the back, so Olivia stood on that a lot of the time
We've got one of those as well. We used it on a trip with my SiL and her family. The younger kids could ride and DS could stand on the back. Worked pretty well except I'd keep kicking/tripping on the board on the back when I'd push it.

So after that, we were joining the masses heading to Fantasyland right? Well, we did head that way, but we stopped at the Castle to get some Photopass pictures. I mean, we were wearing matching t-shirts and all. (side note, while it did cut into the Magical Morning time, I am very glad that we stopped as later in the day it was always packed so I was glad to get the nearly empty pictures that we got)
Ouch... pains me to see you missing that extra time in the morning. But you definitely did get some good pictures, so it was certainly worthwhile!

To keep with the dark ride theme we then rode a new one fore us in Pinoccio's Daring Jouney. This one was really good and very cute and I enjoyed it very much - found it much better than Snow White or Mr. Toad's, just as far as quality of the ride and animatronics, etc.:
I agree. I really liked this one!

Very fun DIS meet! And that chocolate display does look tempting!

Great shots of the family and kids in front of the castle! And I love that Olivia is the only one giving a thumbs up - those funny memories are one of my favorite things about our trips.

It must have been nice to get to experience so many "no longer at WDW" or completely new attractions. I'm sure the monkey car was a big hit with the kids!

Great DISmeet picture!

Ending the night in CarsLand sounds perfect to me. Glad you enjoyed your meal.

Great family photos, and nice that it was still empty enough where you don't have anyone in the background really!

Nice that you got a lot of the dark rides done that morning. Sounds like things were going well for you guys so far :)

Did Judi make those outfits?? Way too cute.

Agh, she's so adorable and with Pascal on her arm, is just cuteness overload!

along with my lack of skill, but still ....)

At least you can admit it, unlike other men I know :rolleyes1

The ability to lift the guns helps and it just seemed to work better and was better maintained (something that would become a bit of a theme)

Yes! I had completely forgotten about this when riding at MK!

And the CM working the stand mentioned that he is allowed to share some pixie dust a few times a day and pixedusted us a free Churro!

Whaaa?! That is perfect:cool1:

(you can see the excitement and utter joy on Judi's face ;) )

:rotfl:A face that we may see again when Olivia is 16 perhaps?? :lmao:

I love seeing the monorail come through here. That's probably why I enjoy Epcot so much. The monorail going through the park (although, just a teeny, tiny portion) adds to the magic for me.

In fact, excitement built too much that Olivia decided she didn't want to ride. She had ridden Space Mountain at WDW so I thought she'd be fine and tried to encourage her but the thought of the ghosts and images from the signs were just too much for her .... we we went out a chicken exit and found Judi and the other kids. Then I went back in to ride (and got a rider swap for Judi as wasn't sure we would both fit within the FP window) and eventually got on the ride.

So how does this work with FP? Were you able to get back into the FP line and just explain what happened? Always wondered about this...

And I have to say that Olivia was 100% right in not riding. I loved it but it was pretty darn scary. This wasn't fun ghosts like in the Haunted Mansion or anything, these were giant flame demons that took swipes at you combined with pretty intense music. She really would have been scared.

So what did you think of it?? I personally love the creepy music. You probably would have loved it when they had the Red Hot Chili Peppers music blasting back in the day, that was beyond amazing!

Anyway, the room is pretty neat as it is full of projection screens that feature elements from different Disney animated movies and they all interact/related to each other.

This room is so relaxing (and a good place to cool off for a bit)

We were informed that she would be back later if we wanted to come back again later

:headache:

YES! These are DELICIOUS!:cool1:

She liked this better but it still wasn't great. I have to say that I was looking up online to make sure what we ordered and her drinks definitely look a bit different in other pictures - so I am wondering if it was more the bartender that was the issue)

Definitely bartender. It's always hit and miss when DH orders his Smoked Turkey cocktail here. But I will say, food has always been on point.

And then the inside parts had some awesome animatronics - some you go by a little quick, I would have appreciated some more time to, well, appreciate it all - but it is just cool and much be such a cool experience for kids that love the movies:

It really is such a cool, immersive ride with the waterfall and animatronics. I still love the fast stretch outside of Test Track though ::yes::

I love these shots, they are so different and there was lots of attraction opportunities I thought!

78_Phil%20GoPro%20Pic.jpg

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: This had me BUSTING up at work!:rotfl2::rotfl: So sorry to laugh but, you know, I have to! Also, I know this pain. I've done this more than a few times with my GoPro (I don't even use it anymore because of this reason- easier with my iPhone for sure!)

:dance3: I'm glad I was able to meet back up with you guys again and get a chance to say hi to Brenda. Brenda is beyond lovely and it was great being able to meet Michael for the first time too!

I remember you doing this :thumbsup2

Yep, never noticed. Thanks for showing this!

Though, didn't get the best pictures so this doesn't do it justice (first is no flash, second is with flash, and then a gif):

Did you guys ever make it to the dusk lighting?!

However they informed us that they were no longer serving alcohol for the day.

:confused3Woah, now that is strange. That's a bummer!

Totally agree. I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner there and it's solid food every time.

I feel like I say this way too much, but she's a doll.

:laughing: You're so right, so many strollers!

The park wasn't yet open - we were there close to 30 minutes before it opened, but I guess that wasn't early enough. So for those of you with trips coming up, may want to get there a bit earlier than you think you need to:

But i'm amazed that you guys made it there that early, good for you!

So Starbucks it is!

Thumbs up, my good man :thumbsup2

Love those first two borders! And the shot with just the kids is perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter