TR: 4 Adults, 3 Kids, 2 B-days, and our 1st family DL Trip! 5.25 - 6.1! (**Updated 7/7!**)

What a fun trip! Following along. your daughters are lovely!

Thank you! And thanks for following along too! A

I'm really enjoying your trip report! Your little girls are so cute. We really enjoy Ariel's Grotto also. It's nice to have the princesses come to you. It's making me so excited for our August trip.

Thanks! We really enjoyed Ariel's and the Surf's Up breakfast as well for those reasons :) Other than Sleeping Beauty the girls didn't have a huge interest in waiting in the lines to see characters in the parks since they saw so many faves at the breakfasts :) Which was a good thing because those lines were often pretty long, ha!

I love the look on your daughters' faces! :goodvibes Also love that they seem to have an appreciation for some of the classics like Pirates, etc.

I have to make a note to watch the lights come on at Radiator Springs during our trip! ... and also that it shouldn't be planned for the same night we want to see Pain the Night!!!

Love the idea of the iPhone picture collage from the day! :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed the update to BTMRR and you got there within the FP window!

We are planning on eating at Ariel's Grotto - though were thinking of doing lunch there. Though "a week's worth of sugar in a waffle boat on a blue frosting sea with a cup of syrup to drench it in" is tempting me to move it to a breakfast :rotfl2:

That is such a cool story of Cinderella knowing she was your YDD's favorite!

That is great things worked out for you to see MDD meet Aurora - always love when you have that specific moment that makes the trip and all the planning (and all the $) seem worth it :goodvibes

That is great that they gave you the extra sash and said you could bring YDD back for some pixie dust!

Man, that is just brutal to have to spend your birthday in Disneyland and have to ride the tea cups 2 times in a row in only one of your favorite colors! She will be scared for life I tell ya! ;)

I thought it was great they loved some of the classics too! Pirates and HM were especially fun for my older two :) It was really awesome how so many things fell into place on our trip with good timing and such, made it all the more enjoyable - especially with having 3 little ones! They all highly recommend the sugar coma boats ;-) We never did make it back to BBB to get pixie dust for YDD (she didn't notice her sisters had glittery hair, so she never asked and they were anxious to ride things!) but she LOVED having her own sash, it was so sweet that they thought to include one for her! I still get a laugh out of picturing my mom making sure they got on that yellow teacup for round 3 too :rotfl:

ack, didn't realize there were more updates before I commented ... so thus more comment ;)

img_1790-jpg.103126

Love the above picture - so cute! And also love the outtakes and the story of your ODD staging a silent protest and lying on the ground :rotfl2:

Glad you enjoyed WOC and that even though you weren't there super early you were still able to see it fairly well .... that is one of my biggest worries is ensuring we leave enough time for good spots for WOC (and Fantasmic!) without waiting much longer than necessary

Sorry about the travel issues - car sickness is no fun and you are right how it can spread!

That looks like such a good time for kids - picking the fruit and sorting it, etc.

The Zoo looks fun too! Glad you felt you saw enough even though you only had 4 hours.

haha, love how you were able to capture the above!

Chapter 7, Part 1: And Then There Were 5...

Today was my parent's last day :sad: they would be leaving for their flight around lunchtime, so we spent the morning in the rooms. I decided to get a head start on packing up our room and did some laundry as well. By the time my parents needed to head to the airport, I had most of our room packed up as well so we could enjoy our last two (partial) park days without needing to come back early that evening or wake up extra early the next morning to do it. We said our goodbyes in front of the hotel and then headed off to the parks.

DH had kept a list on his phone of rides that he was hoping to do on our trip, and we'd made good progress on most but our goal that afternoon was to get to as many as we could out of what was left! First we went to Autopia :car: ODD and I shared one car (she did most of the driving, though I used the pedals, and it confirmed my suspicions that DH will need to be the one to teach her to drive when she gets her permit :scared1::rotfl2:) and DH rode with the younger two. We were in front of them, but I did get a quick picture before we were off!
IMG_2389.jpg
Don't worry, they didn't have an invisible driver :rotfl2:if you look closely towards the right side above the wheel you'll see a bit of YDD's hair :thumbsup2

After Autopia We switched it up to a different mode of transportation and had a nice little ride on Casey Jr's train! We rode in one of the cages (pink, of course) and I had the song stuck in my head most of the day after that ;)
caseyjrgirls.jpg

MDD had been wanting to ride Snow White again, and there was a very short wait so we went to do that next before we were all ready for lunch! DH and the girls were in the mood for pizza, so we went over to the Village Haus first but didn't end up staying. Two of the girls had to go to the bathroom, and then they all decided that they were just thirsty and didn't want to eat yet. We made a bathroom stop outside of Village Haus and started walking towards the Finding Nemo subs (next ride on the list!) finding water fountains for a drink along the way!
IMG_2440.jpg

In typical little kid fashion, before we got to Nemo they were suddenly hungry again :rotfl:Instead of going back to Village Haus, DH thought they might enjoy Redd Rockett's Pizza Port so he took ODD & YDD to get pizza and a table. I was in more of a burger mood, so I took MDD with me to grab one at Tomorrowland Terrace and then we met DH & the other two at Redd's! Everyone enjoyed their lunch, and it was nice to sit in a cool space for a bit too!

We went back over to Fantasyland because YDD needed to use the bathrooms. DH took her to the same ones near the Village Haus that the older two had used earlier since we knew where they were (though I'm sure there were closer ones we could've used the map to find, ha!) While ODD, MDD, and I were waiting for them, one of the cast members at a nearby cart came up to us and gave them special Tinkerbell pins and told them to make sure not to trade them away as they could only get them from someone who worked in the parks. It was such a sweet gesture and my girls and I really appreciated it. I know they will treasure those pins forever.

Continuing our trend of transportation themed rides, it was off to Finding Nemo subs! The girls enjoyed it, but YDD was a little hesitant once we got down into the submarine, as you can see with her concern at the start of the ride ;) All was well once we were off though!

IMG_2457.jpg

nemosubs-2.jpg

To change things up a bit, we left Fantasyland and headed across the parks to Frontierland to ride the Mark Twain! For those keeping track, that's transportation mode #4 ;-) (DH loves cars, wanted to be a train engineer as a kid, and works on airplanes so I'm not surprised all of these rides were on his list! Ha!)

On the way we caught another glimpse of Soundsational! Coincidentally it was the exact same part of the parade we had seen from when we had stopped to watch in front of the castle a couple of days earlier (though this time we were between Fantasyland & Tomorrowland by the Matterhorn) I was able to get some better pics of the parade this time and the girls loved seeing the princesses again!

soundsationalsneak-2.jpg

We arrived at the Mark Twain just as they were loading for the next departure, and quickly headed up to the top deck! It was fun to see parts of Tom Sawyer's Island and the girls were curious about going there, but it looked like they had already closed it as there were people setting up for what I'm assuming was the Fantasmic show. I posted a picture of the moose to my Instagram with a silly caption about being SO excited to see moose on our trip (because we never see them back home, just kidding...:rotfl2:)

I enjoyed taking pics of the various things we saw from the boat! It was a neat perspective of that area of the park!

marktwain-2.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics of my older two from the trip. I love the near identical poses.

IMG_2525.jpg

YDD is often a ball of never ending energy, but she was totally fascinated (and maybe a bit tired) so most of the trip was spent quietly watching from her Daddy's arms.

IMG_2530.jpg

Our last stop at DL for the day was to get Mickey beignets! We ordered from the Mint Julep Bar and then sat at a nearby table to enjoy them :) So delicious!

I had brought a few lenses with me on the trip, and typically used my 24-70mm zoom while in the parks for the flexibility. Today I had decided to just bring my 85mm prime (typically a portrait lens) to get a different perspective and some more close up shots. While waiting for (and then eating) the beignets, I captured some candid shots of my older two:

beignetsandcloseups.jpg

I've reached the upload limit and a good stopping point for now. I need to pick a name for part 2 of this chapter still!

Up Next...

Chapter 7, Part 2: Making the Most of our Last Night!

Last edited:
ack, didn't realize there were more updates before I commented ... so thus more comment ;)

Love the above picture - so cute! And also love the outtakes and the story of your ODD staging a silent protest and lying on the ground :rotfl2:

Glad you enjoyed WOC and that even though you weren't there super early you were still able to see it fairly well .... that is one of my biggest worries is ensuring we leave enough time for good spots for WOC (and Fantasmic!) without waiting much longer than necessary

Sorry about the travel issues - car sickness is no fun and you are right how it can spread!

That looks like such a good time for kids - picking the fruit and sorting it, etc.

The Zoo looks fun too! Glad you felt you saw enough even though you only had 4 hours.

haha, love how you were able to capture the above!

Thanks!
ODD turned 6 that day, but half the time I had to question if she really hadn't skipped a decade and turned 16! :scared1:

DH and I had also gotten to see some moments of WOC when we were at CA on our date the night before and then we also saw some of it again from the back side on Sunday evening! I'd love to see it from the front (even with the getting wet possibility!) sometime. I'm totally with you on the making sure there's enough time to get a good spot w/o a long wait! We didn't quite get it down this trip, but there's always next time :thumbsup2

San Diego was a fun side trip, I'm glad we were able to see a bit more of CA but not make the trip totally overwhelming for the kids. We had contemplated Legoland and Sea World too but opted to keep the trip mostly Disney focused so we didn't feel like we had to have to rush through several different places to squeeze it all in. Plus it was nice to visit with family!

That series of pics of ODD was one of the few times I got genuine big smiles from her on camera. She had plenty on the trip off camera, but she's very much in a "don't take my picture" phase or if she does ask or agree to be in a picture it's with a smirk or the smallest smile she can manage. Ha!

Last edited:

YDD looks like I felt as a kid riding in the submarines. That was my least favorite ride. I love the picture of ODD and MDD. So cute!

YDD looks like I felt as a kid riding in the submarines. That was my least favorite ride. I love the picture of ODD and MDD. So cute!

It definitely wasn't in her top 10 either, ha! I'd say it ranked a step above Pirates though, she was not a fan of that one at all.

Thanks! They can look so similar from behind when they both have their hair up (though MDD's was falling out already here). They were in the same ballet class this past winter and I would get them confused from the parent watching area often since they had the same outfits and both wore their hair up in buns. MDD isn't quite as graceful as ODD and one practice I was watching them and thought ODD was MDD for about 5 minutes and I was thinking "wow, her balance is great today!" and then she came closer and turned around. Wrong kid! It's rare that we're all out in public and someone doesn't ask if they are twins (they're 16.5 months apart and nearly the same size, I would ask if they weren't my own kids! haha!)

My girls always get asked if they're twins. There is 15 months between them. They harrumph about it but they're secretly pleased.

Chapter 7, Part 2: Making the Most of our Last Night!

I left off last as we were just finishing up a late afternoon snack of Mickey beignets! As the majority of the rides left on DH's list were over in CA that is where we headed to next!

While on the way across the esplanade, YDD caught a ride on DH's shoulders and thought it was a swell time to engage in some peek a boo :rotfl:
IMG_2585.jpg

You'll notice that the majority of the pics in this post are of YDD (actually the majority of pics in this TR are probably of her). My older two are not as eager to have their picture taken and I do respect (or try to, sometimes it's hard when they are being adorable! ha!) their wishes if they ask me not to and this night they were both in a "no pictures!" kind of mood most of the time. As evidenced by this look I got from ODD when I took her pic waiting to go into CA ;)

IMG_2587.jpg

Our first stop was a ride on Mickey's Fun Wheel! We opted for the non-swinging cars, as delicious as the beignets were we had no desire to taste or see them again :eek:

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

One of the few pics I got of MDD, I love the sunlight on her hair!
IMG_2631.jpg

YDD thought it was such a hoot!
ferriswheelexcitement.jpg

I took a few pics of the view from the top of the parks, I combined a couple of them to get a panoramic type look, even though it's pretty obvious where the split is :laughing:
ferriswheelpan-2.jpg

After our Ferris Wheel ride, I had checked the app to look up the Toy Story Midway Mania wait. It was still 40-45ish minutes, but I noticed that the rides in Bug's Land all had very short wait times. We decided to go on a few and wait to see if the TSMM wait time would go down later. We rode Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Tuck n Roll’s Drive ‘em Buggies, and Francis' Ladybug Boogie. With the first and last we were on and off the ride pretty quickly, the majority of our time was spent on the Drive 'em Buggies. All of our girls were tall enough to ride, but none were old enough to ride alone. We ended up having to do a back to back to back rider swap so they could each have a turn, the Cast Members let us re-enter through the exit when we swapped girls which was nice.
YDD rode first with DH, it's a darn shame she didn't have any fun ;):rotfl2:

bumperbugsmiles.jpg
and then he took ODD for the 2nd round, and I rode with MDD last.

By the time we finished with our Bug's Land ride marathon, the TSMM wait was down to about 25 minutes so we went over to ride that! YDD and I rode together and it was so fun! I wish we'd done it earlier in the week, and I made a mental note to include it on my list of rides to accomplish during the EMH the next day.

As we came out of the ride, WOC was in full swing and we watched a bit of the show from behind! It was a cool perspective. I still had my 85mm lens on so I didn't get any wide angle shots of the show, but I love how this one turned out with the silhouettes of people:
IMG_2678.jpg
(I don't know any of the people in the pic, just just happened to be in the shot - however on our next trip to DL, I really want to get a pic of the girls watching the show like this)

For a late dinner we decided to go to Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, both DH and I had been wanting the Sun Dried Pesto pasta again and the girls are always up for pizza! Since it was dark and getting a bit chilly, we opted to get our food to go and try and find somewhere inside to eat. YDD decided she wanted pasta after seeing DH and I get ours, and one of the ladies serving up food made her up her very own little to go container of spaghetti :) After paying for our food, we went to change the girls into pants and then walked around looking for indoor seating. We weren't successful around the pier, and the girls were really getting cranky from hunger & a long day so we decided it was time to head back to the room and we could eat there.

We made one final stop on our way out to let the girls pick out one of the light-up toys/wands! MDD & YDD both picked out ones that spin around, but ODD decided she wanted the Mickey Ears that light up. I actually just found out yesterday about the "Glow with the Show" thing! Not that we had another night to see the effect, but I wish I'd known about it earlier! Maybe they'll still work with the shows they will have the next time we go :) They are still fun to have and one of the few 60th anniversary specific souvenirs we brought home!

iPhone photos for the day!

photo (10).PNG
Top L-R: ODD driving on Autopia; DH & I on Casey Jr; and YDD keeping herself entertained in line for Nemo :)
Middle L-R: The special Tinkerbell pin my older two got from a cast member; our one family photo of the trip (I'm kicking myself that we didn't get any others); and the older two enjoying their beignets
Bottom L-4: Silly sisters in line for Mickey's Fun Wheel; YDD, ODD, and DH enjoying the sunset and views from the wheel; and YDD rocking her TSMM glasses!

Up Next...

Chapter 8: All Good Things Must Come to an End :(

Last edited:
Yes....you can tell your girls were having such a horrible time....:rotfl2:lol Love the looks of pure joy on their faces! Just wondering though.....why didn't you get fast passes for Toy Story Midway Mania? Also, love your iPhone pics!

I have been meaning to mention that I love the marking you do on the photos with your kids. What a brilliant idea! Great post again. I'm sorry to see your trip ending.

Yes....you can tell your girls were having such a horrible time....:rotfl2:lol Love the looks of pure joy on their faces! Just wondering though.....why didn't you get fast passes for Toy Story Midway Mania? Also, love your iPhone pics!

Haha! Thanks! You know, I don't remember why we didn't get FPs from TSMM. It's highly likely I totally overlooked the fact that we could've though, I'm good at missing obvious details at times ;)

I have been meaning to mention that I love the marking you do on the photos with your kids. What a brilliant idea! Great post again. I'm sorry to see your trip ending.

Thank you! I started doing it back when I used to have a public blog! I have many friends who are photographers who have dealt with their photos (both personal and business) being stolen from their business FB pages or blogs from people who try to pass them off as their own work, or even their own kids :( Despite watermarking my own pics on my blog, a bunch of my girls were taken by a teenage girl in Brazil. There was (maybe still is?) a social media site there where young girls find blogs, like mine, and use the pictures to create a "fantasy" family of their own. Even though my pics had a watermark through them. It was for the most part harmless, but I still prefer to have some sort of identification on pics of my kids when posted publicly :) It's also why a lot of my pictures are in collages so they aren't large files that can easily be cropped and made bigger without losing a lot of the quality.

We still have on last partial park day! Then I'm planning to do a post wrapping up my thoughts on different things, and then a little side post of Summer in Alaska pics too so you're not done with me yet! Ha!

Haha! Thanks! You know, I don't remember why we didn't get FPs from TSMM. It's highly likely I totally overlooked the fact that we could've though, I'm good at missing obvious details at times ;)

Thank you! I started doing it back when I used to have a public blog! I have many friends who are photographers who have dealt with their photos (both personal and business) being stolen from their business FB pages or blogs from people who try to pass them off as their own work, or even their own kids :( Despite watermarking my own pics on my blog, a bunch of my girls were taken by a teenage girl in Brazil. There was (maybe still is?) a social media site there where young girls find blogs, like mine, and use the pictures to create a "fantasy" family of their own. Even though my pics had a watermark through them. It was for the most part harmless, but I still prefer to have some sort of identification on pics of my kids when posted publicly :) It's also why a lot of my pictures are in collages so they aren't large files that can easily be cropped and made bigger without losing a lot of the quality.

We still have on last partial park day! Then I'm planning to do a post wrapping up my thoughts on different things, and then a little side post of Summer in Alaska pics too so you're not done with me yet! Ha!

Harmless as it may have been that's still kind of scary. I look forward to reading and seeing more.

Harmless as it may have been that's still kind of scary. I look forward to reading and seeing more.

Very true. It definitely was a shock when I first found out, I actually started password protecting my blog after that. I haven't really blogged for a couple of years now though, most everyone who read it is a FB friend and it was hard to keep up when the girls were younger! Writing this TR has been like blogging again and I kind of miss it, maybe not enough to blog on the regular but I'll probably post my TR on my blog once I'm finished and maybe it'll inspire me to get back to documenting some of our bigger memories at least.

Very true. It definitely was a shock when I first found out, I actually started password protecting my blog after that. I haven't really blogged for a couple of years now though, most everyone who read it is a FB friend and it was hard to keep up when the girls were younger! Writing this TR has been like blogging again and I kind of miss it, maybe not enough to blog on the regular but I'll probably post my TR on my blog once I'm finished and maybe it'll inspire me to get back to documenting some of our bigger memories at least.

I blogged quite a bit after our home burned down and it was really therapeutic. I miss it from time to time.

I blogged quite a bit after our home burned down and it was really therapeutic. I miss it from time to time.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your home :( Blogging can be so great to help work through a tough time, and helpful to others dealing with similar situations.

Chapter 8: All Good Things Must Come to an End :(

Our last day in the parks started out with an early morning for ODD and I! Before we went to bed the night before, I asked her if she would like to get up early and go to CA for a few rides with me. I still wanted to ride on Soarin' and Tower of Terror, both rides she had expressed interest in doing and also was hoping to get another ride through TSMM!

With only two of us, we were out the door early and in the parks shortly after the 7am. We went over to Soarin' first, which we walked right on. Both ODD and I loved it, and it quickly became one of her favorite rides of the trip! I really enjoyed it as well, I had ridden it back in HS so I don't remember much about the ride when it first opened to compare old vs. new but I thought they did a very good job with it! Next up we headed to TSMM which was also pretty much a walk-on too. Both ODD and I beat our scores from the previous night, hooray! Finally we headed over to TOT which had around a 15 minute wait. I want to say we only had to wait around 10 though. ODD started getting a little unsure if she wanted to ride, and after the part in the library started wanting to leave. I left the choice up to her, but encouraged her to give it a try since she had been wanting to ride it all week, and it would probably be our last chance this trip. She decided to stay, and then we ended up with a young lady (early 20s or so) behind us in our elevator car that was overly freaking out about how scary it was. This obviously did not help to settle ODD's nerves and she had quite the grip on my arm the entire time. I thought she could go either way, she liked the spookiness of the Haunted Mansion and other than Space Mountain seemed to enjoy the bigger rides like Matterhorn and GRR. However, the drops were a bit too much for her so she was more than ready to get off and never ride again. I'm proud of her for giving it a try though :)

After that experience I decided a treat was in order, so we left the park and headed through DTD to bring donuts and chocolate milk (or coffee, for DH and I) back from Starbucks to the room! Spent the morning packing up the last of our things, and making sure we had everything we needed for the rest of our day in the parks. DH made a couple of trips down with our luggage to store at bell services before we left our room for the last time (sob!) and checked out.

A little farewell love for Surfer Goofy!
byebyegoofy.jpg

ODD and MDD both wanted to ride Splash Mountain (I was surprised ODD was still on board with this after TOT, I had to convince her the hotel elevator wasn't going to suddenly drop going back to the room!) so we headed to DL to grab FPs for that first. As we were getting to the park gate, DH suddenly remembered that he thought he may have left one of the girls' tablets on the charger in the room. It wasn't in his backpack with the other two. He took YDD back with him to go see if they could find it while I took MDD & ODD into the park to get our Splash FPs.

We then headed over to Fantasyland to return a couple of things, my mom & I bought ODD the same book for her birthday and then I had an extra Anna/Elsa doll I needed to return. DH and YDD met us there when we were finishing that up. He had been able to get into the room, but the tablet wasn't there. We'd barely been checked out for 30 minutes by the time he got there and said that nothing else seemed to be touched. Since it could've gotten into one of our bags in the hustle of packing, we agreed to not worry about it and we'd check the luggage before we went to the airport for it.

For a Monday I thought the parks were insanely crowded, probably one of the most crowded days of our entire trip and it wasn't even a Grad Night! We decided to just go hang over at Critter Country until our Splash FP window opened, we hadn't spent much time in the area and thought Winnie the Pooh would be fun to ride so we hopped in line for that.
winniethepoohline.jpg

Hi Pooh!
IMG_2725.jpg

We spent a little time looking around the shops, then enjoyed a snack/lunch of Mickey pretzels and sitting in the shade. As soon as our Splash FP window opened, I took the older two to that while DH took YDD to meet Eeyore & Pooh who had just come out for a meet & greet and then they were going over to Fantasyland and we would meet them at the Castle later!

A picture from before we rode since I didn't want to have my big camera on the ride with us.

IMG_2764.jpg

Splash's standby line was very long so I was so glad we had the FPs! When we boarded the ride, they put MDD and I in the back of the log side-by-side and then ODD in the seat in front of us. Right as we left and started rounding the bend to that first hill, I was distracted pointing something out to MDD and then suddenly had another small person sitting on my other side. ODD had decided to get out of her seat and move back to sit with us. If we weren't just about to go up the hill I would've had her move back but at that point I felt she was safer to just stay put unless we were told otherwise. We were still in view of CMs, so I don't know if they saw it happen but I also knew the rides all have tons of cameras so either it went unnoticed or they didn't think it was a big issue to stop the ride over? At any rate, we still fit just fine back there and enjoyed the ride. I was actually bummed we didn't get too wet, it was hot that day and I was looking forward to a good spray of water to cool off! ODD was fine with the Splash drop (it's definitely not as scary as TOT, and it's only once, so I'll give her that!) and MDD was a little unsure right after but by the time we got off the ride they were both begging for a second go. Unfortunately the FP return time was later than we would be in the parks and the Standby line was a good 45 minutes at least.

We headed to meet DH by the castle but on our way there, we passed Tarzan's Tree House and the girls wanted to do a quick walk through so I texted DH to bring YDD back over to that area. The girls enjoyed playing in Tarzan's tree house (ODD loved the climbing rope and MDD loved the musical instruments!)

treehousefun-2.jpg

They had just finished going through when DH and YDD met up with us. We discussed what we still wanted to do, and the girls were all interested in going to the Disney Jr. Live show over in CA. On the way back through Main Street we stopped real briefly so DH could grab a souvenir for his brother and I got a little candy for the plane ride. It was a bummer to leave DL, but I knew we had a couple more hours to enjoy CA too! We quickly walked over there to catch the next show that would be starting soon! YDD caught a ride on top of a stroller on the way there :thumbsup2

IMG_2820.jpg

We got to the line for the show just as they were opening the doors, we had seats near the back on the side but still were able to see quite well! YDD loves Sofia, and ODD is a fan of Jake so they especially enjoyed seeing those characters and they all had a fun time!

disneyjrlive.jpg

As we were going back outside, Doc McStuffins was there and ODD & YDD were excited to give her a hug. They've never really seen the show (we don't have cable and it isn't on Netflix) but were happy to meet her nonetheless!

IMG_2864.jpg

With about an hour left before we needed to head back to the hotel, we let the girls choose whether or not they wanted to go to Turtle Talk with Crush, go on a ride or two, or do more shopping. All three still had money from their other grandparents to spend, so it was an easy decision for them. As we headed towards the GCH entrance, I passed Mickey on the Trolley for one last farewell wave. This ended up being one of my last pictures on my big camera for our trip, and I find it quite fitting.

IMG_2873.jpg

Leaving CA for the last time definitely had me feeling :sad:

We went into DTD since the older two had seen Anna & Elsa dolls in Fantasyland earlier so A&E's boutique was a good place to look for those. DH stayed with the older two there while they decided what to purchase and I took YDD to the World of Disney to pick something out there. All three ended up with little doll sets (Elsa for ODD, Anna for MDD, and Cinderella for YDD) They were all quite happy with their purchases!

Several times during the trip when I'd been shopping, I'd taken some mental notes of stuff I wanted but had decided to wait until the end of our trip to buy anything. In the end, a combination of running out of time and not being able to settle on anything I HAD to have won out. My pictures and memories are the best souvenir I could've asked for though, honestly. I also found a little trio of "Best Friend Forever" necklaces to give my girls when they are older. It was especially fitting that the pendants on them are purple, pink, and aqua - each of their favorite colors and the colors I tend to dress them in when I coordinate (the ruffle skirts from our first park day, tutu dresses from our second park day, even their princess dresses were close to the theme - YDD's Cinderella dress is more blue than aqua but close enough). I'm hoping they will be close as they grow, but at the very least it's a very special reminder for me of this trip and I hope it will be for them as well!

Not knowing what food there would be at the airport, we decided to grab another snack. I wanted to try the special 60th anniversary drink at Starbucks that was exclusive to that store (it was called the Citrus Celebratory Blend, it was a smoothie and had orange in it but I can't recall what else now, but it was very refreshing!) I also got a sandwich. DH got a big smoothie at Jamba Juice too. It was time to head back to our hotel after that, so we could call for our taxi. DH got our luggage from bell services while I sat with the girls and we share the sandwich and drinks. Unfortunately, we still were unable to locate the tablet in any of our bags. Since the housekeeping staff was gone for the day, they gave us the number to call the following day to speak with them. Long story short, our tablet was never found and I'm not entirely happy with the communication there but I'll share more about that in my next post.

Our cab showed up very quickly after we called (easily under 5 minutes so I'm guessing he came from across the street as they always had a few taxi vans lined up outside the GCH). Carseats were installed and luggage and tired children were loaded before we were on our way. We had a voucher from the guest services desk for a flat rate from our hotel to LGB that we used, it ended up only saving a few dollars off the meter rate but it was a nice thing to have should we have gotten a driver who wanted to take a more scenic route ;)

We were checked-in, and through security quickly and then boarding our plane before we knew it. All three of the girls slept most of the flight, and then went to bed when we got back to our house. Sign of a VERY good trip, indeed :)

And as always, iPhone pics!

photo (14).PNG
Top Row L-R: TOT ride pic (we're bottom left, but my favorite is the lady in the striped shirt behind us!); Makeshift double stroller; picking out last day souvenirs :)
Bottom Row L-R: Splash Mountain Selfie! YDD's face when Sofia came on stage in the Disney Jr. Live show, and a very sleepy girl after a long night of travel.

This isn't the end of my trip report! I still have YDD's Baymax balloon video to share once I get it edited down a bit, and plan to write a post with more details about things we liked & didn't like and other stuff. There may also be some pictures to share that I missed earlier! Though those may come a bit later on since I have to write them still (I'd outlined my days for the TR on the plane ride home, so they were fairly quick to type up once I started!)

Thank you to all who have been following along as I've been writing and to those who find and read this later. I've really enjoyed sharing our trip with you and the conversations we've had! Our next trip is at least a couple of years out, so I'll live vicariously through any trips you all and other posters will take, and hope to continue staying in touch on the boards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter