Tower of Terror changes to GOTG themed attraction

All I have left to say to you is that you that this is a fabricated rumor and Tower of Terror is not going anywhere, there will be no announcement at comic con tomorrow or ever, ToT will be open during Halloweentime, Christmastime, and even in decades from now and that is a FACT.

Well, I guess with the wacky political year we're having someone stating something as FACT that turns out to be untrue shouldn't be a surprise.

I have no insider knowledge but am at least not foolish enough to be stating facts and guarantees.

So the ride itself will basically be the same, just a different setting. I am interested to see how this works. I am NOT a Marvel fan at all, have only seen part of Thor once (my ex-son-in-law was watching it) and none of the other movies. So a ride & potentially an entire area of the park being Marvel does not excite me.

Well, it looks like my "Trader Sam's connection" was right! I am disappointed to loose the the Twilight Zone theme. But I have to say, when I saw Joe Rohde has a hand in it, and hearing him describe it, I think he will do a great job. The sound track idea sounds good. If they are going to change it anyway, I hope they put lots of this "museum" stuff in the queue. For some reason DLR seems to have the most boring queues when they really could do something interesting there. Good thing we rode ToT a zillion times last trip!

I have a very good friend who has a contact in Disney who I trust. He told me that this isn't true either. His claims was that the whole thing was a cancelled overlay. I do believe him somewhat. I'm not trolling either, I am speaking the truth and trying to stop people from believing a lie. People are just too gullible these days.

Oops.

Was there any word on when it's closing?

They officially said "early 2017". The plan, if I may at this point, is to keep the ride open while they work on the exterior for the next few months. Then shut it down from January to May to reskin the inside.

They officially said "early 2017". The plan, if I may at this point, is to keep the ride open while they work on the exterior for the next few months. Then shut it down from January to May to reskin the inside.

Thanks! Finally our first word of somewhat good news for a November trip.

Was there any word on when it's closing?

The Tower will remain open and in it's current form until January 2017. It will then close until the summer and reopen with the new theming ::yes::

I know I will be riding sooooooooooooooo many times on our upcoming trip as TOT is my daughters absolute favourite:goodvibes I am looking forward to seeing the new theme though. It looks like there has been a lot of time and effort go into making it something everyone can enjoy. :goodvibes

Oh boy.

I'm going through my emails trying to guess which rumor he's gonna shout down next. It's probably too early for New Fantasyland though...and this is the wrong thread for that anyway.

Last edited:
Well damn... at least I'll get to ride it the way it is in my upcoming trip. I'm so glad this is only happening in Disneyland and that DHS will keep the original ride. And who knows? Maybe all the people complaining will actually make Disney listen and keep the ride the way it is...

You got that right. The public has no legal right to know anything that isn't hard news like they had no right to know what Wikileaks was publishing. Julian Assange is a criminal who belongs behind bars. I'm planning on writing to Congress asking for a bill that would censor the Internet in some fashion.

I was never a member of either those sites and was never kicked off. And this whole rumor was fabricated just like all those other rumors as well. Nobody seriously knows what's going on inside Disney and nobody has any real connections. Also ToT is never changing at all and I'll be enjoying it not only this Halloween and Christmas time, but even in a decade. Nobody cares about GOTG and I will predict the sequel flops so bad that it not only kills the MCU, but nearly kills superhero movies and destroys Chris Pratt's entire career.

Thank you for ultimately displaying the foolishness of censoring information on the internet. You realize, of course, that under such a system, YOU would be the one to be subject to censoring because YOU were the one spreading the false information.

In the grand scheme of things, your posts were very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter