Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

We are thinking of renting a DVC for the tower of terror 10 miler for 2014. We are coming up on the 11 month period to begin reserving our rooms. Any chance they will change the dates?

We are thinking of renting a DVC for the tower of terror 10 miler for 2014. We are coming up on the 11 month period to begin reserving our rooms. Any chance they will change the dates?

Yes, there is always a chance of a change in dates. Once Disney locks in on a weekend, the weekend does not change often. The 2014 date is published in the ToT and W&D programs but until the entries open in early 2014 the date is subject to revision.

Since you are thinking of renting a villa, I think I would hold off until the official entry period opens. The likelihood of a DVC resort selling out over the first weekend of October is rather remote that far out.

We are DVC members and looking to book at the 11 month window at our home resort (BLT) to run this race next year. We might switch to another resort at the 7 month window depending on what's available.

With runDisney the dates could always change until they officially announce registration so booking at 11 months is a little iffy but it would make sense for them to keep the race on the same weekend as this year. Keep in mind though that if the dates do change, its very unlikely that you wouldn't find availability at any DVC resort at that time. You may just need to be flexible with where you stay.

I just wanted to join the conversation and introduce myself :) I've just started running this year. I've done one 5k this year locally and have another one scheduled in a couple weeks. I am hoping to do a 8k in the Spring, a 10k in the Summer and then the ToT 10 miler in October. I figured a run at Disney World would be good incentive to keep up my training schedule!

I look forward to hearing more from others doing this run and learning alot as I continue on this journey.

Does anyone have good recommendations for a training app to get from 5k to the longer runs?

Chaitali, I too just started running this year, and I am TERRIBLE at it. I started triathlon this year too - love swimming, really like biking, am AWFUL at running...I also am using running at Disney as incentive to keep going. I really need the motivation since I want to keep doing triathlon, and my times are abysmal.

Anyway, the best way I've found to increase distance (and I may not be the best person to ask, since I am so terrible) is to increase time, and to not really worry about the distance at first. My friend (who is getting ready to run her first marathon in a couple weeks) suggested it. I just increase my time by a minute or two a week, after running like 4 days a week. I just tell myself I can do anything for a minute. It worked for me, where not much else would...;)

SpringSprite, thanks for the advice! That makes alot of sense and I'll give it a try. I've been spoiled by the couch to 5k app I'm using since it gives me the run/walk cues through the headphones and integrates with my music. I don't have to pay attention to the time to know when to stop, I just go until the phone says to stop. It takes all the thinking out of the process, I just obey the phone :)

If you use RunKeeper, the subscription services offer more extensive training plans that I believe are like that (with audio cues), but since I'm still so BASIC I haven't bought them / upgraded yet.

SpringSprite, I just want to say thanks again. I've been using runkeeper and like it. It allows you to input your own intervals so you can use any plan you want. It just takes a little extra time to put the information in before your run. And that's the free version :)

Just made ressies for ToT 2014!!! DH and I just finished W&D and can't wait to do another.

We made our ressie for VWL but will re-evaluate when our 7 month window opens. Hopefully we also know official host hotels by then!!

Just made ressies for ToT 2014!!! DH and I just finished W&D and can't wait to do another.

We made our ressie for VWL but will re-evaluate when our 7 month window opens. Hopefully we also know official host hotels by then!!

Is it safe to assume the all-stars will be host resorts again?

Any ideas when registration will open for this? We are already booked that weekend through a BB offer! My DS wants to run TOT while the rest of the fam the 5K. :hourglass

Really stupid but probably obvious question....If we run we get into the post race party with our bibs right? And if we don't run you need to pay?

Have my eye on the flights for the supposed weekend. Now I'm just waiting for the official dates. This will be my first 10mile. I am excited/ nervous as I prob will be running by myself.

Really stupid but probably obvious question....If we run we get into the post race party with our bibs right? And if we don't run you need to pay?

Yes, assuming they run it the same way as last year...you will end the race in the park. No need for a separate ticket for the runners. If you bring any friends/family with you that will NOT be running, they will need a separate party ticket. :)

Yes, assuming they run it the same way as last year...you will end the race in the park. No need for a separate ticket for the runners. If you bring any friends/family with you that will NOT be running, they will need a separate party ticket. :)

Awesome! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter