Towel baby Couple and teddy Bear lady

Oh, I quite agree, but remember not everyone with buckets of $$ earned it on thier own, I certainly would not tell someone they were nuts if I was in a restaurant, but I would ask to be moved. What I am saying is that for the CM's to play along seems cruel not helpful. Of course WDW makes buckets of $$ off of them and they may know the real story. I do know many people who have mental illnesses--I'm a teacher of high risk/ at risk students, I see a lot. In any event , regardless of income they are all entitled to help and will get it from the state, so mental help is not an "I can't afford it" kind of thing. BTW One tree hill, I'm not saying any one should be in an institution--do they do that routinely anymore?--I'm saying regardless of how much $$ you have you are not immune from illness of any kind. And just because they can spend big doesn't necessarily mean it is their own $$.

I have not personally experienced the Towel Baby couple, but from what others have told me they can become quite abusive if you do not play around. They have verbally abused CMs in the past. If you don't play along you get yelled at, but they have also been known to make comment on occassion along the lines of "it's just a towel you know." For the most part though I think they leave people alone. It seems to me most CMs go along with it so they don't get chewed out.

I've heard that the Tattoo Guy has gone so far as to tell other guests who happen to have Disney tattoos that he is the only one allowed to showcase his tattoos. If that is the case he is crossing the line, but again, I have not seen him.

Linda Skywalker crosses the line all the time. She does wear costumes, which is a problem because as others have pointed out people think she is a CM. Adults are not allowed to wear costumes, so why can she? The other issue is that she borders on being a stalker. She has a "W" shaped album for HSM that has various entertainers in it. She approached a couple of people when they were there as guests to show them the pictures she had of them. :scared1:

There have been other unusual guests as well that have crossed lines. One person got personal names and numbers for several girls in entertainment, it was a real problem. It seems like it is the ones who have the "interest" in the various entertainment options that pose the most problems, but that could be because I was in entertainment so I heard all the stories.

I know who you are talking about. I asked about her last year. She was with her husband and sat in the lobby and listened to the music. She had teddy bears sticking out of her bag. When I asked the staff, they said that she had been coming for a long time with her husband.

This year, I was talking to a DVC associate and she referred to her as the "teddy bear" lady. She said that she was going to talk with her because she is very lonely. Her husband just passed away.

This gives me seconds thoughts about sitting in the GF looby with DDs American Girl doll while she attends the Wonderland Tea party. (I do not want her to lose her doll.)

The loss of a baby is unimaginable. And until you have experienced this you have no idea how YOU would respond....Grief is a powerful emotion. :hug:

This gives me seconds thoughts about sitting in the GF looby with DDs American Girl doll while she attends the Wonderland Tea party. (I do not want her to lose her doll.)

I don't think anyone will mistake you for a person with a mental illness unless you wrap up the AG doll in swaddling clothes and talk to it, and maybe try to feed it. Just holding onto it probably won't draw attention from the masses.

This is the most fascinating thread. I love stories like these.

The towel baby couple makes my heart ache. I do not think there is anything wrong with playing along with their dillusion.

I don't understand why people always feel the need to intervene or "get help" for everyone who doesn't fit the mold of "normal". I know they mean well but in some cases it wouldn't make a difference anyway. Obviously, these people found a way to deal with their issues that is peaceful, harms no one, and works for them. I think Disney is very kind to go along with it and still allow them to stay in their hotel. Other places might have just given them the boot, then ban them. This world is made up of many different types of people. I don't understand why we feel the need to medicate everyone into "normalcy." They aren't violent, so let them be. That's my take on it.

I would love to quietly observe them. I'll bet they are interesting. My heart goes out to them.

The towel baby couple makes my heart ache. I do not think there is anything wrong with playing along with their dillusion.

I don't understand why people always feel the need to intervene or "get help" for everyone who doesn't fit the mold of "normal". I know they mean well but in some cases it wouldn't make a difference anyway. Obviously, these people found a way to deal with their issues that is peaceful, harms no one, and works for them. I think Disney is very kind to go along with it and still allow them to stay in their hotel. Other places might have just given them the boot, then ban them. This world is made up of many different types of people. I don't understand why we feel the need to medicate everyone into "normalcy." They aren't violent, so let them be. That's my take on it.

I would love to quietly observe them. I'll bet they are interesting. My heart goes out to them.

DITTO:)

:goodvibes :goodvibes

Yeah, I'm not sure how this couple flies under the radar like they do. They've been around for awhile, I did my CP in 2000. I'm surprised they don't get more mention as legend as they are with CMs. It's funny how so many people know the tattoo guy and the Yeti man, but this family hasn't quite made it to that level of recognition. They certainly have a "unique" enough story to stick in peoples' minds.

There are a bunch of rumors floating around (all based around the same idea - either lost or weren't able to have a child, the wife took it hard and the husband plays along) but I have NO idea what the real details are. Not really any of my business either. But it's sad if there's even the slightest grain of truth to it.

So can you clarify this for me. Is the towel shaped like a baby? You know like they shape towel animals like swans etc? Does it have a face or do they just carry a limp towel or is it folded? Is it the same towel? Do you think they wash it or does it look dirty? I love stuff like this and I have never heard of this or any of the other weird people like Yeti man or tattoo guy. Can you fill me in .

I used to work in a grocery store and we had Do Si Do who used to shop in square dancing clothes (I live in Mass maybe in another state it would not stand out but NOT in Mass) and Eureeka who used to smell so badly that one of the bag boys had to walk up and down the aisles after she was in them and spray them with Lysol but they seem tame compared to towel lady.

The next time I'm at the "Grand Snoridian," I'll be on the lookout for the towel baby! I'll be certain NOT to photograph the couple, but I WILL photograph that towel! :goodvibes

i think on my next vacation we will be eating at 1900 so i am going to keep an eye out for the towel and bears.

:thumbsup2 As long as they aren't a danger to themselves or others, I have no problem playing along with their reality if that will make them happier.

I guess this is sort of off topic, however, I am going to put my two cents in which does not mean very much. As a mom who has struggled with the loss of a child at birth (and not being able to have another biological child) and then a depression afterward in which I had to have help to pull myself out of, my heart goes out to this woman and man. However, if she is so grief stricken that she has either convinced herself this is a baby or needs this towel as some kind of security I doubt she is living a very good quality or happy life. While they are not violent it sounds from previous posts like they become irate if people do not play along with them. I do not think it is up to strangers to intervene or decide if they need help or not. I just think it is very very sad and I hope that someday they are able to come to terms with their grief and move on. It does not sound like normal or healthy behavior for them to me at all.

I met the teddy bear lady in the GF on the 30th August we was there for our photoshoot and was sat in the lobby by the piano with two bags full of teddies. She was sat really still my bf thought she was a model at first.

I met the teddy bear lady in the GF on the 30th August we was there for our photoshoot and was sat in the lobby by the piano with two bags full of teddies. She was sat really still my bf thought she was a model at first.

Was it two black suitcases? And did her hair look like a light brown wig? I think I saw her too the other day. She is in the background of my sons picture. The suitcases had stuffed animals displayed on the top. She sat there extremely still. :confused:

Wow, I can't believe that I forgot to post this!! We saw here, in early October, at the GF! Now, I have respect for everyone's privacy, but I did manage to snap a photo or two that just happened to have her bear in the background. Actually, it looked more like a towel bear...?

Should I post? Would anyone be upset??

By the way, the CMs at the GF were very chatty with her, and very friendly. They kept coming over to visit with her, which was nice of them.

Wow, these people sound a little... weird.
I've never heard of any of them except the tattoo guy, and I just checked out the yeti-man's site. He's rode Everest 1245 times! Amazing, I've only rode it about six times lol.

Wow, I can't believe that I forgot to post this!! We saw here, in early October, at the GF! Now, I have respect for everyone's privacy, but I did manage to snap a photo or two that just happened to have her bear in the background. Actually, it looked more like a towel bear...?

Should I post? Would anyone be upset??

By the way, the CMs at the GF were very chatty with her, and very friendly. They kept coming over to visit with her, which was nice of them.

Oh, please do. I'd love to see her.

I have seen the Tattoo guys on more then one trip . At one point I asked him if he planned his trip around my trips. He does wear shorts no matter what the weather is .
I saw him a year ago in Oct , then again in Feb, and in April. I leave in 5 days I will report his wearabouts when I return LOL

YETI MAN ??? really

I saw TB lady in Nov however I was worried as there were a few days of my trip that she was not there. But one night I was walking through th lobby and she was in the middle talking to an older couple she was very. Animated as she was talking and seemed to be having fun. It made me feel good, I did not worry about her as much after that. I did notice that she is carrying a suitcase with wheels and places a small bag of bears on top.

YETI MAN ??? really

Hey, the Yeti Man bought me a beer once, and when he rides EE single rider, he gives a T-shirt to whomever he rides with. May be a bit eccentric, but he's an all-around good guy in person. Same goes for The Tattoo Guy--I'd get tired answering the same questions 100 times a day (how many you have? did they hurt?), but he seems happy to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter