Touring Plans

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Cant wait for Disney, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Cant wait for Disney

Cant wait for Disney DIS Veteran

I just joined and i'm confused about why a park with a 2.1 crowd level would be recommended to avoid over a 5 crowd level park just because of EMH? Wouldnt you want the smaller crowd anyway? Which info do you experts go by..the crowd level or the recommended park? thank you!
    (if it helps, we will be traveling with an infant so evening EMH wont be a factor in our plans) :thanks:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tltorrez

Tltorrez DIS Veteran

That's just the way TP sets their parks to avoid. They put a high value on EMH. Personally I ignore those recommendations and just focus on the crowd levels. And being onsite, I like some EMHs.

4. matheke

matheke DIS Veteran

Touring Plans is not the know all guru's of trip planning. They are just recomendations. Some times they make sense, some times not so much. Sometimes things are over analyzed and you end up with things that don't make a lot of sense.

I also believe that they are more set up for advice over a week or so. So while a park may have a low number on Tuesday, it is better to go on Thursday because it is even lower. Conversely a park may have a high number on Monday but that may be the lowest number of the week and the best time to go.

The best advice I can give you is something I read years ago. When everybody is going to the right, go to the left.

Dan

5. Cant wait for Disney

Cant wait for Disney DIS Veteran

oh man! now i am even more confused haha :confused3.
    I appreciate the advice, hopefully some of the info will help us make some good decisions.
    I do think we will go with crowd level numbers instead of the recommended park. thanks everyone!

6. havoc315

havoc315 DIS Veteran

First off, the numbers are only relative to the same park, not across parks. So, for example, a 6 at Animal Kingdom may be less crowded than a 4 at MK.

Finally, the TP recommendations are built for all visitors -- including those that don't qualify for EMH.
    And they assume you will arrive in time for regular opening rope drop.
    So, 1 park may have a medium sized 5 crowd -- but you can still arrive at 9 am to an empty park with no lines.
    Or you can arrive at a low level -2- park, but it already has thousands of guests, already has 30 minute rides at the major attractions...

Thus the recommendations.