Touring Plans- Do they work?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by wrw0010, Apr 27, 2009.

1. OandA

OandA But Enough of This Palaver, Lets Get This Show On

I've seen the standy by queue wrap all around that maze and out towards BTMRR. I went in July though on a hot day so maybe that was it. I remember it being really long a few years back as well.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. catne

catne DIS Veteran

well I don't know how much time we have saved because we've always used the Unofficial Guide...but I can tell you at MK we've done 10-12 attractions in 3-4 hours in the A.M. every time we've gone to WDW - following the suggestions in the book. Last May, starting at 8:00 a.m., we did Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Snow White, Pooh, IASW, Haunted Mansion, Splash, Big Thunder, Pirates, Swiss Fam. Treehouse, Aladdin & Mickey's Philharmagic -- 13 attractions including all the headliners at MK - all before lunch on an morning EMH that was rated as an "8" crowd day.

We have friends who have gone to WDW on similar crowd days with no plan (and no clue) who got 6 attractions done in 12 hours...and they swear they will never, ever go back.

When we went last year, DD's best friend was with us, he'd been to WDW many times with non-planning family. After the first 1.5 hours, when we'd already done 5 rides, he called his mom to tell her she wouldn't believe what he'd done already when it was just 9:30

4. FlightlessDuck

FlightlessDuck Pluto's personal nose scratcher

They have worked whenever my family has used them.

5. Sam's_Mom

Sam's_Mom Mouseketeer

We use the UG plans at MK and AK. We think they work very well for those parks. The other parks not so good. The last time we were at MK we rode everything we wanted by noon and waited in very few lines.

6. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I've tried both UoG and TGM. I found UoG to be very straightforward and easy to follow, TGM not so much. I know that many people feel this way, and many others feel the opposite. It might just have to do with the fact that, while I feel that the advice is quite similar, their "interface" is quite different from one another.

7. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

Well, you already took the best advice for touring: Go during the SLOWEST season of the year!

Next step: Pick the right parks on the right days. If it's a EMH, either be there for EMH rope drop or choose another park. Use your touring plan's recommended parks for the day.

From there, hit the headliners early, use fast pass, and you'll be fine.

I think the more specific tour plans are really critical if you're travelling during peak season, which September is not. Yeah! (Since I'm going then too....)