Touring plan for a Sunday in June w/ VIP

HenDuck

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

My DS (16) and I plan to visit USH on a Sunday in mid-June. I plan to drive from Anaheim the day before and we will stay at a hotel in the vicinity of USH. We visited USH a few years ago so we are familiar with the park, pre-HP.

We will be doing the VIP tour as we will only be doing one day at USH and probably won't be visiting again for a while. Therefore, we plan to make the most of the one day we will have.

My tentative plan is to buy our VIP tickets online so we can do early entry. My plan would be to do the Wizarding World during early entry. From there, I need help.

Should we go straight to the lower lot when it opens and then back up to the main lot for the VIP experience, and plan for a VIP tour to begin around 10:00?? Or should we plan to do the VIP tour starting at 8:30? We would not mind doing HP again with the tour group.

I think we would like to do the tram tour with the VIP tour, but we don't care for shows, so we would not join the tour for that part. We are riders, so we would want to hit every ride in the park at least twice (or more for our favs).

Also, what time does the VIP breakfast start? If we are there for early entry, would we be able to eat breakfast that early?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have!

:flower1:

When I did the VIP tour, I did earliest tour possible, which meant that breakfast was about when early hours started. I don't think you can enter the VIP tour starting point until a few minutes before your tour starts, but not sure on that. It's a rather confined area that has breakfast, so I am not sure they want lots of extra people there who are not yet going on tour.

Note that my tour guide staggered the shows throughout the day, so I am not sure how feasible it would be to rejoin them after a show.

I definitely recommend doing the tram tour with the VIP guide, that is really the main perk, besides the lunch.

My suggestion is to stick with the guide until after lunch, and then do stuff on your own. I am assuming guide would do tram tour in morning of course. After lunch and the tram tour, there really isn't anything you can't do yourself. You might end up going to a show though Before lunch.

You could always talk to your guide when you get there, and explain your intentions, the would do their best to accommodate your plan.

OK, I strongly agree with getting the first tour possible, and sticking with your tour guide until after lunch.

When you check in and assigned a tour guide, you get either A or B and then the other before lunch. This is done to increase capacity per hour. And both are very good segments.

A - The expanded Backlot tour, including the"attractions" like King Kong and Fast and Furious.

B - Harry Potter and the Lower Lot Rides (including access to the HP Wand Selection (not available with FOTL)

Then Lunch, and if you are into rides more than shows, go off on your own and use your Front of the Line Pass.

Talk to your Tour Guide if you are a large part of the group and see if they will focus on rides in the afternoon.

If you don't like what they plan, after lunch, Do all the Upper Lot rides and then go back to the Lower Lot, then back to Harry Potter.

I would do Water World, it is a great show with a lot of action. Your FOTL works for seating.

Sorry, just had surgery and a bit hard to type.

Last edited:
Yeah waterworld is great. Interestingly, that is the one show that the guide didn't take us on, scheduling issues.

When does it open again? It was closed last Friday for refurbishments, with walls up and everything.

From a USH unofficial website...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...ry_Inn_Suites_Anaheim-Anaheim_California.html

>>Aimed at refreshing the show’s infrastructure and reimaging the show’s queue, the refurbishment will close the show for several weeks while crews work on the popular stunt show. While routine enhancements and touchups are expected, Universal is also expected to reimagine the current queue to accommodate additional guests.<<

So looks they hope to be done by peak Spring/Easter break (late March or early April if no major problems arise).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter