Touring BOG without eating there?

LizEN

Mouseketeer
Are you allowed to look around inside the castle if you don't plan to eat there? I thought this might be tricky for lunch, but at dinner time, it's basically all ADR seating with people having ordered beforehand, so I was hoping we could take a peek inside.
Thanks

Lunch at BoG is either pre-order or order using a kiosk. Dinner at BoG is traditional table service.

Are you allowed to look around inside the castle if you don't plan to eat there? I thought this might be tricky for lunch, but at dinner time, it's basically all ADR seating with people having ordered beforehand, so I was hoping we could take a peek inside.
Thanks

Don't think it is allowed.

Lunch ADR's for Be Our Guest will be available starting February 25. FWIW, there was a time when you could peek inside the main dining room prior to opening. I'm not sure if that's still possible.

You cannot walk in and look around while the restaurant is open for lunch or dinner. There have been posts that some were able to go into the lobby area and peek into the ballroom, but not enter it in the morning before the restaurant was open. I don't know if this is still possible, so you could stop by and ask, but it's possible they won't allow it.

The pre-opening "Sneak Peek" of Be Our Guest was still happening as of my December trip and I haven't seen anything indicating it has stopped since then.:)

Guests are allowed up to a Rope just before the Ballroom and up to a Rope past the Suits of Armour to just before the Order stations.

It is a great time to listen to the Suits of Armour talk to each other.

The restrooms are also open.:)

Or you could just eat there and take a look around!!
Trying to get a ressie, but not sure it will happen. The castle is a big deal to my daughter, so hoping to at least get a peek if we get locked out of eating there.

Trying to get a ressie, but not sure it will happen. The castle is a big deal to my daughter, so hoping to at least get a peek if we get locked out of eating there.

Just keep looking, several times a day. Also, if you still don't have one, make sure to check near the "last minute"

24 or 48 hours before any particular day brings some more cancellations, as that is when people will cancel unwanted reservations before the cancellation penalty comes into effect.

In the beginning this was allowed. They no longer allow this as the line is very long and Disney is moving towards FP only for lunch.

Just keep looking, several times a day. Also, if you still don't have one, make sure to check near the "last minute"

24 or 48 hours before any particular day brings some more cancellations, as that is when people will cancel unwanted reservations before the cancellation penalty comes into effect.

Do cancellations open up in the ADR system in real time (or close to) or do they update on the hour or something like that? If I knew to check at the top of the hour it would make life easier. Thanks for the advice! --Liz

When we were there in November, there were two CMs stationed at the front of the bridge stopping people from walking up. They weren't taking walk-ups at the time, and they weren't permitting people to go in without a FP even just to look around.

Do cancellations open up in the ADR system in real time (or close to) or do they update on the hour or something like that? If I knew to check at the top of the hour it would make life easier. Thanks for the advice! --Liz

I actually do not know the answer to that question. Unless someone else out there knows for sure, I'd say check as often as is feasible for you. Have the app on your phone, it doesn't take very much time to give it a quick look. Good luck.

Thanks

Only at lunch do your order in advance, at dinner it is like any other table service. I don't think we're really going to know anything about how things will work there until after they clear this next hurdle of ADRs for lunch. And if later in the year they add breakfast as rumored my guess would be either you are eating there or you will not see the inside or maybe even get over the bridge.

That said never ever give up on ADRs. I've cancelled them twice in the past within days, and at 6:52 pm on Monday I got reservations for this coming Saturday, 5 days out.

Also, if the castle is really only a big deal for your daughter maybe try to look for ADR's for 2 instead of your whole family (if possible). They are sometimes easier to get and you two could eat a meal there or just get dessert or something :)
We have been at lunch twice and had a late dinner ADR last week and it was super magical, not sure why but dinner seemed more impressive to me (less people, candlelight, etc).

They open up in real time just about. There's a few minute delay between cancellation and it opening up again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter