Tour Groups at DVC??

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We just returned home from our 7 day stay at SSR. It is our first time there and it is a very nice resort, but I could see staying at the some of the sections would be a pain.

So, I was wondering, is it common to find tour groups at the DVC resorts? I was surprised to see one of the Brazilian tour groups at SSR. There were also two huge Mears buses parked near the main building, which I assume was to transport the group.

Is this common? Not sure I like this idea.

Thanks.

If rooms aren't used by members, they are turned over to central booking in an attempt to keep occupancy high.

DVC rooms are also rented out to cover the costs of DCL, ABD, and Disney Collection exchanges.

As for tour groups---if they have the money, and rooms are available, they are welcome to stay there, just as anyone else might.

Not usually due to cost, but Disney did move some people from the values and moderates due to over booking to SSR and OKW so yes they could have gotten lucky and got moved.

I have never seen tour groups at the DVC resorts. Just found it interesting. Sammie you are right about upgrades. My friend and her two daughters went with us last week. They had a room at Pop Century, but were upgraded to a one bedroom at SSR at no additional cost.

I told her she was very, very lucky!

When we stayed at SSR in 2009 there was a group there. There was also a Culinary School group checking in on the day we were leaving 50+ students.

I think they take advantage of the SIZE of Saratoga as often as they can - it really is a HUGE resort. As much as I like Saratoga, I'm glad they are getting away from building MEGA resorts. OK is large, but it feels small. SSR is big, but it feels HUGE due to the landscaping - vs. Old Key West which has very thick, lush, tropical landscaping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter