Touchtone info verification

jdkdorn

Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member
When did they start requiring you to enter your member number, phone & Soc Sec through the phone? I called Monday and did not do it but today I had to enter all the info before I was transfered to a MS cast member. I guess it is easier for them/us to not have to deal with language barriers or having to repeat the info mutiple times.

I called on Monday as well and did not have to enter that information. I'm curious to know if others have seen a change since Monday.

When did they start requiring you to enter your member number, phone & Soc Sec through the phone? I called Monday and did not do it but today I had to enter all the info before I was transfered to a MS cast member. I guess it is easier for them/us to not have to deal with language barriers or having to repeat the info mutiple times.

Just happened to me this afternoon. Member number, phone number, and a third item I don't remember, but not soc. sec. number, something else.
When I got to my MS CM, he seemed new. It took a really long time for my "info" to download, and we went through all the usual again--member number, phone number, email address, etc. He was clearly new, and took a really long time to do everything. He didn't know when they started doing the on-phone keying info in, but he thought it started yesterday. It didn't make anything faster, still had to do it all again, but part of that may have been him. Maybe with an experienced MS CM it may have been faster in some way? I sincerely doubt it. I would think they would all still need to verify it is YOU before discussing anything on your account with you. Have they had alot of non-members calling in? Could be to weed that out?

I keyed in all the info today as well, but it didn't work. When they get it all ironed out, I'll try again but in the meantime I am just going to hit the # key when it asks for member number and bypass all the hoopla. ~ David

A way to reduce MS contact/hold time without adding CM's. Have the customer do more work.

:earsboy: Bill

I called this morning and had to put in member number, last four SS numbers, and phone number. I hung up before they got to my call so I'm not sure if I would have had to give all the information again.

Yeah I most certainly won't be entering my SIN (SS) on any system. Up here the number is not something you ever give out haphazardly. Guess I'll be hitting the # or whatever you need to hit to bypass that. Even when we call if they don't notice we're a Canadian member they'll has for the number... all I need to say is I'm Canadian and immediately they bypass that for our address instead.

They had announced that this would be an "enhancement" coming up. If it ends up being like it is for all the other Disney phone trees IMO it's a complete waste of time for the member. Every time I've used it for Disney I've then been asked the exact same information again. And it sounds like that's what is happening. :sad2:

They had announced that this would be an "enhancement" coming up. If it ends up being like it is for all the other Disney phone trees IMO it's a complete waste of time for the member. Every time I've used it for Disney I've then been asked the exact same information again. And it sounds like that's what is happening. :sad2:
Yes, that happens every time on the other Disney phone numbers for me. It was nice that DVC didn't have you go through all that 2-4 times.
"To make sure I get you to the right agent--how many in your party? How many times have you been here? When was your last visit? Etc, Etc, Etc."
SO irritating! When you repeat everything when the agent comes on, and nothing goes through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter