Touch screen ordering at Captin Cook's

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by CR Resort Fan 4 Life, Aug 21, 2007.

1. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

For anyone who has done the touch screen ordering at Captin Cook's, did you have any problems with it or was it easy to do? I remember reading some threads a while ago with people who said they had problems with it, so I am wondering if I will have any problems when trying to use it this December?

2. Yzma and Kronk

Yzma and Kronk <font color=darkcoral>I survived the Pie-fest<br><

No problems at all. And it's really easy.

We were there last weekend and it was the first time using touch screens.

The only thing that was confusing was that you order - get the slip of paper and then go and pay. They then give you a "beeper" and when your order is ready you go pick it up. The first time I waited at "order pickup" for a bit, then realized that I had to pay first. The touch screen instructions don't give you this information or if it did, I didn't see it. I believe they don't prepare the order until you pay.

3. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

Thank you for that information because it sure helps a lot, so I will know how the whole process works. :thumbsup2

4. Cool-Beans

Cool-Beans <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=deeppink>F

I hate it. It takes too long (though probably not in December, except for Christmas week). The system itself isn't too bad (even if it is wickedly impersonal), it is just that it takes people who use it so long to get through it...much longer than talking to a person...and you have to wait for them.

Then after THAT line, you have to turn around and stand in ANOTHER line to pay. Serisously, if they want us ordering on our own, they should install a machine that lets us pay, too. Of course, then that would take people even more time...

Once you are done standing in the two lines, you have to wait for your buzzer thing to go off. If you just hang around by the registers, you'll be in the way. So, you get your pop and go to your table. Then you have to go back and pick the food up.

I really don't like it...can ya tell?

:)

If you want a double cheeseburger, that's on the regular menu. But it you want a single cheeseburger, it is on the side orders menu...'cause everyone has a big old burger as a side dish, right? :faint:

Oh, and the burgers come with chips, so don't order chips as a side order. Made that mistake my first time. :)